Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sins of a Solar Empire Patch

The Sins of a Solar Empire Website announces the release of the promised version 1.02 patch for Ironclad Game's space strategy offering. The update is available via Stardock Central or automatically from within the game.

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

12. Re: No subject Feb 9, 2008, 10:54 Wowbagger_TIP

There's tons of RTSes that have short gametimes. It's nice to finally have one that gives us a nice long game, which I like.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: No subject Feb 9, 2008, 10:08 Slink

This game can last well into 6+ hours and that's how I like it. I get tired of playing RTSes that end after 15 minutes.

- - - - - - - - - -
WoW = Waiting on Warhammer.

My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu

10. No subject Feb 9, 2008, 07:36 D4rkKnight

Thats why I wanted the map download in so bad, average games on the official maps last around 2-4 hours for 3-6 people, longer for more. Their random map generator only makes medium to large maps as well, the game only tailors to very very long multiplayer matches unless you just want 1v1

I made some really small maps, two planets per player that should cut it down to about an hour but it will be awhile till I can play them on ICO against others.

9. Re: No subject Feb 9, 2008, 06:44 Flo

Ah well then stay away from Sins. Even a 1 on 1 Match is an epic. BUT: you can save a multiplayer game. Now that's something, isn't it?  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

8. Re: No subject Feb 9, 2008, 05:22 Charlie_Six

how long is the average 4 player game? One of my fav things about Warcraft 3 is that it has about a 15 minute game time.

Company of Heroes, meanwhile, can drag on for over an hour.. and that's victory point 500 mode. In annihilation mode, it can go on even longer.......

I can't stand such long games. Too many things happen. People drop and the game is ruined, etc..

Adventures of a video game mercenary
http://virtualmerc.blogspot.com

7. No subject Feb 9, 2008, 02:59 D4rkKnight

Yeah a great game, needs a fix for players dropping in multiplayer, the AI that takes over does nothing. Maybe make it good, or let others join in, IDK, something.

Still want to see map downloading, dev response said not likely anytime soon which makes me go ARGH! I hate the big maps that come with the game for 4-8 players.

6. No subject Feb 9, 2008, 01:35 sponge

It's grown on me a bit, although I'm still too dumb to be able to be good at RTS games, and double-dumb at any game remotely resembling Civilization or any of the 4X genre.

5. Re: Game's been out five days Feb 9, 2008, 01:14 Bucky

IronClad, you guys are awesome.

I fixed it for ya. And I thought I was the drunk one...

4. Game's been out five days Feb 9, 2008, 00:56 Creston

already two patches released, one which fixes several problems reported by players on their forum (I believe it fixes the Easy AI - Siege Frigate Spam craziness.)

Iron Lore, you guys are awesome.

Creston

3. No subject Feb 9, 2008, 00:36 space captain

diggin it

Go forth, and kill!

2. Re: Fun game! Feb 8, 2008, 23:23 Coolone

Well that didn't take very long. The game has been rock solid for me though.

1. Fun game! Feb 8, 2008, 22:08 Surf

Nah haaaa

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo