Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Client Beta

As noted on the Steam Forums, a new beta Steam client is available to test an updated interface and other improvements for Valve's online service (thanks Voodoo Extreme). To access the beta, select File -> Settings and on the Account tab choose "Steam Client Candidate" in the Beta participation section.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: ... Feb 10, 2008, 02:41 PHJF

The drivers already include the 4GB fix.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: ... Feb 9, 2008, 18:40 Brin

So... PHJF -- are you saying that they don't have beta drivers for the Prelude? (I can't get to the creative site right now, it seems to be down)

And are you running a 64 bit OS with 4 gigs of ram?

12. ... Feb 9, 2008, 15:55 theyarecomingforyou

Steam and games definitely start quicker.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

11. Re: No subject Feb 9, 2008, 15:41 Fang

Hump, do you have Verizon Fios?

It sounds like you have a problem caused by the router that Verizon gives out to its Fios subscribers.

--------------
Find a Halo 3 Custom Game going on right now:
http://www.halo3customs.com/

10. Re: ... Feb 9, 2008, 15:29 PHJF

X-Fi Prelude, looks like I'll have to wait.  

9. Re: ... Feb 9, 2008, 15:27 Brin

PHJF - Just out of curiosity, are you running a card from the X-Fi family, with 4 gigs of ram?

If so, check out the new beta drivers on creative's site.

Fixed my problem.

8. Re: ... Feb 9, 2008, 12:42 PHJF

so how's that going to fix my mic stuttering pointlessly 50% of the time as well?  

7. ... Feb 9, 2008, 08:24 theyarecomingforyou

When I dbl click on a server I want to play on the little window pops up that shows the server IP and all I get is a "server not responding" message.
I had that when my ISP was taken over. When I changed ISP it went away. Not much help but I know how annoying that was.

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

6. No subject Feb 9, 2008, 04:58 Hump

I've been having a frustrating problem with trying to join Steam games. When I dbl click on a server I want to play on the little window pops up that shows the server IP and all I get is a "server not responding" message.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

5. Re: ... Feb 9, 2008, 03:26 Tabs

PHJF,

http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5159-QYFK-0185

This fixed that issue for me...

4. Re: ... Feb 9, 2008, 03:25 Prez

If it fixes the start-up and download speeds, I will finally be totally satisfied with Steam. It still takes a depressingly long time to get into a game.

I still hold Guild Wars up as an example. One click on the icon, and you are connected to Arena Net a second later. If there is new content, the download takes mere seconds, and then you are at the Intro screen. You click on the character, and BAM!, you are playing a game.

If Steam was like that, no one but Riley/<U could hate it anymore!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: ... Feb 9, 2008, 00:38 PHJF

i'd be grateful if my mic didnt constantly stop working upon connecting to servers  

2. ... Feb 8, 2008, 22:32 theyarecomingforyou

Updated interface? I don't see that listed on the forums and haven't noticed any change in that department. However, it's meant to fix startup times, games getting paused and download speeds... the games getting paused was an issue that's been afffecting me recently.

1. COOL! Feb 8, 2008, 22:10 Techie714 ©

Steam Rocks!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.