Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gothic 3 Patch

A new patch for Gothic 3 updates Piranha Bytes' RPG sequel to version 1.6, offering a new memory management system along with changes and bug fixes. Word is: "This Update includes a large number of gameplay and data improvements committed by the Community Patch team. These improvements deal with larger and smaller bugs and were made with community wishes particularly in mind." The download is available on AtomicGamer, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and The Patches Scrolls.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. G3 isn't that terrible. It isn't. Feb 8, 2008, 09:57 Eldaron Imotholin

If only they found a way to stop the game from stuttering and the memory leaks (those 2 things are linked, I know), than this game would stand proud next to Gothic 1 and 2.

Gothic 1 was full of bugs. Gothic 2 was full of bugs. Bugs are sort of a trademark for Gothic. The difference is that the bugs in G1 and G2 didn't spoil the fun or ruin the gamelpay that much. Need I say a thing about G3... -_-

Anyway, if this patch does what it promises.. than it means there will be less stuttering and no more tragic memory errors. AKA: This game will be worth the dough and time!!

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. No subject Feb 8, 2008, 09:03 dryden555

2 Worlds was a fun _brainless_ action RPG if you gave it 2 hours of your time past the beginning and you have a PC that will play it at a decent framerate. You absolutely need the patches though since there were major balancing issues in the first 5 patches.

Better than Titan Quest as action games go.

18. Re: Maybe Feb 8, 2008, 00:16 Jerykk

But it outsold Gothic 3.

Halo outsold Deus Ex. The Sims outsold (and continues to outsell) The Witcher. Sales have never been a measure of quality.

Both Gothic 3 and Two Worlds were crap, only Gothic 3 was tragic as well.

17. Maybe Feb 7, 2008, 21:26 Surf

But it outsold Gothic 3.

16. lol Feb 7, 2008, 20:07 Fausticle

Two Worlds was a pile of donkey dung.

15. Totally Feb 7, 2008, 20:05 Surf

Two Worlds kicked G3's face in, period. G1 and G2 will always be some of the best RPG's I have ever played. Two Worlds is a fun arcadey action game, very well done.

G3 = Dog shit.

14. Re: Nah Feb 7, 2008, 19:32 Bone43

So what you thought TWO WORLDS was better than G3?

Man get a grip dude.

13. Nah Feb 7, 2008, 19:04 Surf

G3 collectively sucked ass and apparently has almost killed the series. So fuck you then.

12. Re: Is this the patch... Feb 7, 2008, 18:17 Bone43

No, it wasn't. Fuck you.

They where all good IMO so Fuck you.

11. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2008, 17:45 Asmodai

Vamp:Bloodlines was such a good game that you accepted the bugs just to play more.

I rate it alongside Deus Ex as one of the best games in the RPG/FPS genre.

GIII got enough play time to get me partway in to the game but the bugs, poor combat and (at the time) poor support pretty much stopped me in my tracks...

Might be worthwhile reloading but I'm kinda glued on Armageddon Empires atm.

10. Pissed Feb 7, 2008, 17:39 Surf

G3 sucked balls. I loved the first 2 games, especially the first one. Blew away anything Bethesda made as far as game play, though Bethesda rules the roost when it comes to graphics and polish.

So it sounds like this patch hasn't fixed everything. Can you kill every monster with the quick thrust? Lame. The devs should guy that, rework it and release a new patch for the combat.

Combat has never been Gothics strong point, unless its one on one with a monster. In groups you are screwed.

If you guys haven't tried it, give TWO WORLDS a try. It looks and feels very much like a Gothic game mixed with Diablo 2. The horseback fighting is great, the game is patched many times (over a gig) so the bugs are pretty non existent, and its very fun. Plus theres multiplayer!

Give it a go.

9. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2008, 16:26 JohnBirshire

I'm addicted to Mount and Blade again now and any free time I just tune in and space out.

Never heard of Mount and Blade. Watched a couple Youtube videos, graphics look like crap. However, the gameplay looks like it could be awesome, so I'm downloading it. Thanks for the head's up!

Gothic 3 seems to be like Vampire: Masquerade, on release it left much to be desired, but after several "community patches" it may be worth your time.

8. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2008, 15:34 Elf Shot The Food

"Not sure what happened, hopefully the next Gothic, if there is one, returns to it's roots."

They're making another one but it's being done by Spellbound, not Piranha Bytes.

7. No subject Feb 7, 2008, 15:23 dryden555

Folks on the gothic forums still have issues after this patch. Best to check over there before you begin reinstalling Gothic 3.....

6. Re: Is this the patch... Feb 7, 2008, 15:09 Jerykk

Honestly, if you enjoyed the first two (and II was better than I), then with all the patches, III is pretty good.

I disagree. The patches may fix a lot of the bugs but the combat system, AI and general design of Gothic 3 are inherently flawed. I really don't understand how developers can release sequels that fail so badly. DX2, Gothic 3, etc... you'd think that they'd know what made the first game(s) good and stick with it.

5. Re: Is this the patch... Feb 7, 2008, 14:41 CJ_Parker

Honestly, if you enjoyed the first two (and II was better than I)

No, it wasn't. Fuck you .

4. Re: Is this the patch... Feb 7, 2008, 14:15 ibm

Yes I really should reinstall Gothic 3 and actually give it some time. Unfoturnately I'm addicted to Mount and Blade again now and any free time I just tune in and space out.

Free time = WAR beta servers down anyway.

3. Re: Is this the patch... Feb 7, 2008, 13:09 Pineapple Ferguson

Gothic 3 didn't look like crap, visually anyway. I waited to play it until after the fan patches started coming out and I actually enjoyed it. They did change they way a few things work, particularly the combat and lock picking, but it still fundementally plays and feels like a Gothic game.
Honestly, if you enjoyed the first two (and II was better than I), then with all the patches, III is pretty good.

2. Re: Is this the patch... Feb 7, 2008, 12:12 JohnBirshire

...that makes the game as good as its predecessors?

Gothic 1 was awesome, I bought it on a hunch and it turned out to be one of the best RPGs I've ever played. I didn't play Gothic 2 but my 50+ year old hardcore gaming father did, and he seemed to enjoy it just as well. I also saw him playing Gothic 3 when I went to his house one day, it looked like crap and I know he didn't play it very long. Not sure what happened, hopefully the next Gothic, if there is one, returns to it's roots.

1. Is this the patch... Feb 7, 2008, 11:55 Jerykk

...that makes the game as good as its predecessors?

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo