Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Duke Nukem Forever Follow-up

The 3D Realms Forums offer the promised follow-up from George Broussard on the Duke Nukem Forever story from this morning (story):

I'd like to address the article the Dallas Business Journal put up today.

In what appears to be an unfortunate turn of events, there seems to have been some confusion between what was 'off the record' and what was not. I suppose we're used to dealing with gaming press and not mainstream press. Lesson learned.

While we have internal targets, dates and goals, like every developer, we are not ready to share them. What's amazing about this is that the DBJ must have assumed that we'd actually announce a date to them, and not gaming press, and that even in the light of Scott's quote of "We can't make an official announcement.", the DBJ effectively did that. Lesson learned.

The release date is still 'when it's done', and will be until the appropriate moment. Platforms have not been finalized or announced. You can rest assured that we are moving toward a goal and that the recently released teaser trailer is the start of that process and seeing more of the game, sooner than later.

We apologize to gamers and websites everywhere for this series of events. Sometimes, you can be too trusting of people and assume things that come back to bite you. Lesson learned.

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

48. Re: No subject Feb 12, 2008, 22:18 Slink

George, no one really cares anymore. Your lessons should have been learned years ago. Just let the thing die.

- - - - - - - - - -
WoW = Waiting on Warhammer.

My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. No subject Feb 10, 2008, 10:01 KilrathiAce

Actually, you do care if its another 10 years etc... because you never know how long health lasts etc...

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

46. Re: No subject Feb 9, 2008, 03:45 Reckless

This is the only game I know of that, from people who normally buy all their games, have the attitude that they will go out of their way to pirate it (If they bother to get it at all).

You must hang out with a bunch of morons then. Games should always be bought. If a game is shit then move along - there's no need to download/pirate/buy/borrow it unless you must have an interest in playing it. If you're unsure then wait for a demo (assuming one is released and this in itself may say something).

Why do f wits here post crap like "3DR have pissed us off, I'm not going to support them"? Personally I find it amazing they've not finished it or even thrown in the towel but in reality what they do with their money and time is no concern of mine. How they expose themselves to the media is also of no concern - I simply don't care!

I play games and if there are games available that I like then I'll play them. DNF is not the second coming, it's a game and nothing more!

It makes financial sense for 3DR to support current consoles and I'm sure this has pushed the date [for a PC drop at least] further back. If this means a drop in gameplay then this is a disservice to those that have waited for so long but then they wouldn't be the 1st company to screw up a game because they targeted multiple platforms (Epic, looking at you...).

I'd like to see DNF released. I do care about game quality. I hope they haven't consolised it. I don't care if it's another 10 years (it's not my money they're spending!).

/rant over

45. Re: pull a Nelson Feb 8, 2008, 03:39 Prez

Just. Ship. The. Damn. GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

44. pull a Nelson Feb 7, 2008, 16:50 Kxmode

Ha-Ha!

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
Game p/reviewer for http://www.gameindustry.com/

43. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2008, 12:12 zirik

I'd love to work for 3D Realms. Imagine getting paid for 10 years work to produce nothing.

nothing better than job security.

42. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2008, 12:03 Jerykk

Dagok, TF2 taking over 10 years to come out did affect my life, I was stuck playing garbage games during that time and wasting my time trying to find game just like it.

Um, how could you have known what TF2 would be like? It didn't turn out anything like its original form, nor is it even remotely similar to the original TF and TFC. Though, I guess I can associate with your plight. I have yet to find an online shooter that can even come close to the greatness of Tribes.

41. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2008, 12:02 xXBatmanXx

Was the same thing with TF2, people trashed the possible existence of it and took every opportunity to remind Valve about it.

*Batman make's a pelvic thrusting motion*

KAH-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

we walk the streets at night
we go where eagles dare........

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

40. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2008, 09:53 wtf_man

You all know that whenever it comes out...if it's good, you will play torrent it.

This is the only game I know of that, from people who normally buy all their games, have the attitude that they will go out of their way to pirate it (If they bother to get it at all).

3DRealms has pissed off way too much of the Duke fanbase.

39. No subject Feb 7, 2008, 09:23 KilrathiAce

Dagok, TF2 taking over 10 years to come out did affect my life, I was stuck playing garbage games during that time and wasting my time trying to find game just like it. So, it did affect my life.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

38. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2008, 04:51 Duc

I personally can't actually think of anything worse professionally; enthusiasm is *required* to work on the development of something for three plus years and then start all over again on something fresh and new. You have to have a certain kind of mind-set to survive that process and part of it is actually getting to the end, regardless of wether you are developing software, an engineering project or any other peice of large collaberative work.

Missing the carthis of actually finishing something for as long as 10 years can be pretty dispiriting, which I guess is partly why 3DRealms seem to have a fairly regular flow of new tallent without any obvious external signs of progress.

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 04:52.

37. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2008, 01:48 Cutter

I'd love to work for 3D Realms. Imagine getting paid for 10 years work to produce nothing.

"Grab a napkin, homie. You just got served."
- Wolowitz

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

36. No subject Feb 7, 2008, 00:38 Tanto Edge

american press... where assumption is reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

35. What? Feb 7, 2008, 00:20 Creston

"We apologize to gamers and websites everywhere for this series of events"

Why? Nobody cares. Your "game" is a joke.

Creston

34. No subject Feb 6, 2008, 22:09 Bone43

My fave was in Serious Sam 2 in the phone both...

“Blondie will show up when he’s done, boy.”

Later when you shoot the little red demon:

“Oh my God! You killed Blondie!”

Oh wait that was years ago WTF?

33. No subject Feb 6, 2008, 22:00 zirik

i hope they keep the same politically incorrect humor of the original.

32. Re: lolz Feb 6, 2008, 21:42 Yosemite Sam

Duke who? ... When?

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

PSN id PR345(PS3) PST Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

Looking for an active crew in GTA 5? I'm a Crew lieutenant for VCCM, adults only, 500+ members.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

31. lolz Feb 6, 2008, 21:21 The Magician

That George, he's such a kidder. As if Duke will come out this decade..

30. Re: No subject Feb 6, 2008, 21:10 Krovven

What I find laughable is everyone here and their comments.

You all know that whenever it comes out...if it's good, you will play it.

Personally, I look forward to finally getting to play it and I don't care when it comes out, or IF it comes out. 2008 or 2020, it's not like it effects my life when DNF is released. Was the same thing with TF2, people trashed the possible existence of it and took every opportunity to remind Valve about it. Game comes out, it's good and people change their tune overnight.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in The Witcher, Burnout Paradise, Company of Heroes, Crysis

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

This comment was edited on Feb 6, 21:13.

29. BS Feb 6, 2008, 21:02 ZipFlap

If they aren't ready to release any information on the status of DNF, then why the hell would they agree to having a media outlet come through the office? I call BS...

Always wanting to play the victim... we see through it jackass.

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo