Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New CoD4 Console Maps Coming

Activision announces downloadable multiplayer maps are coming this spring for both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation3 editions of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare:

Santa Monica, CA – February 4, 2008 – Fresh intel from Activision headquarters (Nasdaq: ATVI) reports that new global conflicts are planned in the form of downloadable multiplayer maps for the award-winning Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare™. In development for both Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the upcoming downloadable content will thrust gamers into a hot zone of added combat across a variety of intense multiplayer locales.

“We’ve demonstrated our commitment to delivering the best multiplayer experience in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and that continues with our plans for new downloadable content,” explains Infinity Ward’s Community Manager, Robert Bowling. “We’re excited about the new maps, and the added gameplay variety, and we can’t wait to wrap things up and get online with everyone.”

The worldwide best-selling game in units of 2007, according to The NPD Group, Chart Track and The GFK Group, and winner of more than 40 editors’ choice and game of the year honors, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is rated “M” (Mature) by the ESRB for Intense Violence, Strong Language, Blood and Gore. The new downloadable content is scheduled for release this spring, and will be available on Xbox LIVE® and PlayStation Network.

For information and updates on Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, players can visit: www.charlieoscardelta.com.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: PC Maps Feb 5, 2008, 13:11 Jerykk

You can not play cdkey games online, never have been able to.

Actually, if there aren't any authorization servers to actually check the cd-keys, you can play online. That must be the case with CoD4..? I should try playing online.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: PC Maps Feb 4, 2008, 17:40 Jonny5

I own the PC version and PS3 version, and honestly, sitting on my couch at 10 feet away with a 42 inch HDTV beats sittting at my desk, Yea I used to be hardcore PC gamer, not now tho, with the right equipment PS3 gaming is HElla fun! Oh and MY PC is MORE then capable of handling these games!

21. Re: PC Maps Feb 4, 2008, 17:37 PHJF

You can not play cdkey games online, never have been able to. you can run cracked servers to disable the cdkey authentication requirement, but then pirated players can only play in specific servers, of which there most likely arent very many. Shooters have been like this for a while.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

20. Re: PC Maps Feb 4, 2008, 17:26 elefunk

If people are playing Call of Duty 4 online using pirated copies, then it's Infinity Ward's fault for allowing that to happen. I don't know a single other multiplayer game from the last 5+ years that allowed you to do that. And until I see concrete proof on how that might be possible, I refuse to believe it.

Look at the facts:

Crysis did 88k in 2 weeks in North America according to NPD, sold a million worldwide.
Call of Duty 4 did 350k in 2-3 weeks in North America, god knows how many it's sold since worldwide.

Especially considering that Call of Duty 4 has consistently been the top selling game on Steam, while Crysis isn't on Steam at all.

Call of Duty 4 has probably easily sold at least 1-2 million copies worldwide, on PC alone.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 17:27.

19. Re: PC Maps Feb 4, 2008, 17:18 zirik

we got the holiday themed map which was good for about... three weeks after the holiday season. consoles get something they can keep playing without getting annoyed by the christmas decor.

18. Re: PC Maps Feb 4, 2008, 17:02 xXBatmanXx

claymores are noob, real men use detpacks. Its a silent grenade AND claymore.

No, M203 is newb. You can run through a claymore if you are smart....I do it all the time. It gives you enough time to react.

we walk the streets at night
we go where eagles dare........

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

17. Re: PC Maps Feb 4, 2008, 17:00 PHJF

claymores are noob, real men use detpacks. Its a silent grenade AND claymore.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

16. Re: PC Maps Feb 4, 2008, 16:49 xXBatmanXx

Claymores are not very lethal and that makes the ability to see them (another ability) a complete waste... (No one sets C4).

pfffft.....playing on the wrong servers man.

Hardcore Domination ftw.
Throw in a free for all map in the rotation, maybe 1 HQ map, then you have yourself a nice mix. The servers I play on are usually full...I haven't noticed anyone drop off from the servers I play on (all regulars).

1/5th of my kills are claymore related.
When someone comes flying around a corner in a house to get a point or to try and stab someone - they work great.

Outdoors - not so much.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 16:51.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

15. Re: PC Maps Feb 4, 2008, 16:45 4D-Boxing

MuzixMon I completely agree with your comment!!
The sad part about all this ..Activision could have prevented this by using same approach as Oblivion or maybe do like other Devs. & have a stat's server?! That would add another level of authentication etc..

Right now the game is a way to easy for thieves to steal & cheaters can easily have field day with this tile.

Having the stats on my PC mademe loose a rank. Decided to test vista on a separate HD ..it killed XP. SO when i reinstalled the game & copied my profile back to the new install & got docked 1 rank?!

I just hope Activision learned from this..if not well stick to consoles.

14. Re: PC Maps Feb 4, 2008, 16:40 Buzz

Yeah, I can't imagine the BOREDOM of 9v9. I play on servers where there are typically TWICE that. Makes for a way better experience IMHO.

I BOUGHT a copy of the game for both my son and myself. I DID notice a slight reduction in overall players after the 1.5 patch but all-in-all there are still plenty of opponents.

I Just did a server refresh and found over 12000 servers. I play primarily HARDCORE...can't stand the arcadish-ness of the non-HC servers anymore. Having to unload 10 bullets into an enemy to put them down is B.S.

As for new maps... this game REALLY needs them. With the developement tools just getting released I look forward to a bunch of good maps in the near future.

And finally, I can't see how someone can play a game with two sticks/triggers and have thier hands forced to be right next to each other for any length of time. ERGONOMICS were NOT taken into consideration when these little controllers were made for the consoles. I can game for 12hrs straight on a PC as I have it set up to be at the right height, with mouse/keyboard spaced in very neutral positions. I'm 42yrs old, been PC gaming since the beginning and I've never had even a trace of a CTD.. (Continuous Trama Disorder AKA Carpel Tunnel)

The day they make Keyboard and Mouse with change-able key configurations is the day I CONSIDER getting a console.

Till then, I'll keep PC gaming and WISHING for a chance to tear apart the console players with thier sticks/triggers...

13. Re: PC Maps Feb 4, 2008, 16:40 Tumbler

How the hell is PC gaming ever going to have a chance in hell if most the PC gamers are STEALING the games???

By making sure your online servers authenticate the codes and only let players online who are legit?

And stop worrying about the people who are not paying you and start trying to improve services to the people who are paying you?

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

12. Re: PC Maps Feb 4, 2008, 16:26 Hornet303

Please, keep in mind I have no real concrete info how many were bogus vs valid CD Keys. I don't know, but just glancing at the gamespy stats, things have dramatically reduced in size.

11. Re: PC Maps Feb 4, 2008, 16:03 MuzixMon

I was under the impression that CoD4 sold very well for PC considering it's online popularity. Now after reading these posts I find out that at least half the players online were using bogus keys... WTF! That makes me sick, fuckin' pirates thanks for ruining PC gaming further. Maybe next CoD won't be on PC at all and then all the fuckers that never paid for the game will be bitching about it. How the hell is PC gaming ever going to have a chance in hell if most the PC gamers are STEALING the games???  

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

10. Re: PC Maps Feb 4, 2008, 15:27 Tumbler

I wish they would play with the balance of this game a bit more. Some of the abilities you can put on your guy have almost no value while others dominate in combat. Claymores are not very lethal and that makes the ability to see them (another ability) a complete waste... (No one sets C4).

It seems like the only way to play the game is run and gun, they have the tools necessary to make other modes possible but without something to defend or attack it just feels like you rotate spawning around the map and just constantly run after the enemy.

Maybe I should try modes other than the 9 on 9 open warfare mode or whatever it's called. More = better right...?

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

9. Re: No subject Feb 4, 2008, 15:25 xXBatmanXx

Booo consoles.

Um, you're buying one, remember?

Yeah, but COD4 still gets played on the PC. hehehehehe

16,000 Servers? That seems pretty high. Check out http://www.gamespy.com/stats

Go to xfire (i know the scope isn't compelte) and it shows CoD2 and CoD4 is played a total of 1 million more minutes than WoW! That is impressive.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 15:26.

8. Re: PC Maps Feb 4, 2008, 15:10 Parallax Abstraction

It's Activision, what do you think?

Parallax Abstraction
Ottawa, Canada
Help Fix The Broken Xbox Live Marketplace: http://brokenxblm.blogspot.com

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

7. Re: PC Maps Feb 4, 2008, 15:06 Fang

Anyone know if there is going to be a charge for these maps?

--------------
Find a Halo 3 Custom Game going on right now:
http://www.halo3customs.com/

6. Re: PC Maps Feb 4, 2008, 14:59 Elf Shot The Food

"And where are the PC maps? O wait..."

They released the editing tools a few days ago, so expect lots of free maps soon.

5. Re: PC Maps Feb 4, 2008, 14:53 Hornet303

16,000 Servers? That seems pretty high. Check out http://www.gamespy.com/stats

That lists most if not all the Gamespy based games. I dont have COD4, but I play Quake Wars and the number is pretty accurate for QW. The interesting thing is, a few weeks back Infinity Ward made a post saying they are super excited to see so many people playing, but were appalled by the amount of people using bogus keys.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50748

Id been following the numbers for a while, and COD4 has tons of players, but it seems that since the 1.5 patch, there are like 1/2 the players here used to be. Many times it was posting more than BF2 players, now its waay down the list.

My guess is they found a way to ban the bogus players, implemented the new patch and lost 1/2 PC user base.

Edited to provide piracy news link..
This comment was edited on Feb 4, 15:01.

4. Re: No subject Feb 4, 2008, 14:51 nin

Booo consoles.

Um, you're buying one, remember?

------------------------------------------------
http://niggytardust.com/saulwilliams/menu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4zXIyyaJss&NR=1

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer