Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield Heroes Screenshots

There are some more new Battlefield Heroes screenshots on Planet Battlefield that are scans posted with permission from the current German issue of PC Games magazine.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. No subject Feb 1, 2008, 08:00 Brainp0wa

Unless it does have a first person view, pass.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Wow Feb 1, 2008, 01:14 Trainwreck

They look alright to me, although I'm a bit stumped as to why a Spitfire has the Flying Tigers "shark teeth" insignia.

You get five points for pointing something out that I would not have noticed. And I'm part of the 23rd Wing, Flying Tigers. AND I've painted the shark's teeth on A-10s before. I hold my head low in shame!

23. These graphics Jan 31, 2008, 22:36 Surf

Would only be acceptable for Outlaws 2.

"Where is you Marshall?!?!"

22. Re: No subject Jan 31, 2008, 18:23 Innocent

Battlefield Heroes First Person [ Comment ]
Wednesday, 23 January, 2008 at 10:40 PST | ^Scott^ | Print News
French gaming site, No Frag is reporting that Battlefield Heroes will not only be 3rd person, but 1st person as well depending on the "phase". (Thanks Blue's News)

[via Google Translate] Nofrag contacted EA who contacted DICE which states that "according to the phases of play Battlefield Heroes will be playable in the 3rd person, or at the first." DICE is expected to provide details shortly. Read the Rest...

Found it here: http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=147342

and SWEEt that being the case, why the hell wouldn't I try it? price: unbeatable. fps: apparently an option. i kind of like the art.

*Edit: Phase...doesn't sound like a fps toggle at all. disregard prior enthusiasm.

Inno

This comment was edited on Jan 31, 18:34.

21. Re: No subject Jan 31, 2008, 18:07 Karl_L

After TF2 this just screams "ME TOO ME TOO!!"

20. Re: No subject Jan 31, 2008, 18:06 Wildone

their BF series is simple as $hit I dont know what you people are talking about it. E to enter a vehicle 1-4 select weapon wow Im confused already...

19. Re: wtf? Jan 31, 2008, 17:36 Elf Shot The Food

Pretty sure I read somewhere that this can be played in first or third-person.

18. wtf? Jan 31, 2008, 17:30 Innocent

agreed, but why not make fps an option? click f1 to cycle through viewpoints. i routinely get addicted to EA titles (every other BF game). add in a god damned option to continue to attract me, your core gamer!

Inno

17. Re: No subject Jan 31, 2008, 17:29 bjack

Yeah I don't think this is for the hardcore crowd either. I think this is for kids. You know, not being able to plop down 50 bucks for a game and all.

16. No subject Jan 31, 2008, 17:16 LittleMe

I don't think this game is targeted for the Blues hardcore pc gamer crowd. I bet it's for casual/novice gamers because they will want as many people playing it to get ad revenue up. Oh, and the game might be cool. I'm not judging it until or if I play it, and that is probably before D.N.F. is out.

Their Batttlefield games have are hard to learn for casual/novice gamers. Simple works, often. Much of the most successful music/food/etc is more simple and targeted for the masses.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

15. Re: Wow Jan 31, 2008, 17:04 Innocent

Prez: AGREED! why in the world not make this an FPS?

Inno

14. Re: No subject Jan 31, 2008, 17:01 AcidDrone

did the article just get pulled?

13. No subject Jan 31, 2008, 16:48 xXBatmanXx

They DO look like plastic stick figures, I thought the same thing.....

Won't matter, can't compare to TF2.....also, the Heavy doing his thing "dun dun dun duuuuuun dun dun dun dun duuuuuuun dun.....everybody sing it with me!"

we walk the streets at night
we go where eagles dare........

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

12. Re: Looks good Jan 31, 2008, 16:33 Joss

Yeah, I think it's just a fad other companies are jumping on but we all know who was first to the party. heh heh

11. Re: Looks good Jan 31, 2008, 16:12 Wildone

the characters look stiff & lack personality, the guy in the spit looks retarded like those toys you get when your a kid with oversized figures and tiny vehicles to put them in.
Its like they cant make up their mind on the style..its realistic? Its cartoony? Meh we dunno! LOL but it looks like TF2 OK..COOL!.....NOT....

10. Looks good Jan 31, 2008, 16:08 Tumbler

I'm interested. I like the graphic style. Looks like Day of Defeat done TF2 style. With Vehicles. I would expect Valve to have something in the works to make day of defeat like this game.

The little guy in the spitfire WWI style with his head sticking out is pretty cool.

Ending Song on Portal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjGfgV7rJHI

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

9. looks like A$$ Jan 31, 2008, 16:06 Wildone

eom

8. Re: Wow Jan 31, 2008, 16:03 Elf Shot The Food

They look alright to me, although I'm a bit stumped as to why a Spitfire has the Flying Tigers "shark teeth" insignia.

/nitpick mode off

7. Re: Wow Jan 31, 2008, 16:03 Prez

Why the hell is there no First Person view again?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Wow Jan 31, 2008, 15:37 Wilson

Looks like a mod for TF2.

That's being kind. The people had whined that the TF2 characters looked like they were ripped from The Incredibles had yet to see these character models. TF2 worked because each class has a very well-defined personality--they're blatant caricatures in voice, model, and play style, and that's why the kinda-cartoonish graphics work. I don't see them being able to pull this off with this game since they can't (or, more likely, won't) do much to make each class unique. It's kinda hard to do when the classes (like in BF2142) have a lot of overlap in what they're good at.

I don't really understand why they'd bother with the thinly veiled attempt to make these factions seem like anything other than the British and the Germans in WWII. It's like they started to make them something different, but then gave up after dicking around for ten minutes with the team logos in Photoshop. They had a chance to do something different (alternate history WWI, another near-future scenario, a far-far future scenario, a war-like-no-other scenario) and fell directly back on what the series started with. It's not surprising, really. Just as Modern Day shooters are wearing thin, people are maybe ready for WWII shooters again.

Geez. If this weren't a free game for the PC, I'd say EA was trying to build a stronger base in the console market for the BF series.

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo