Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis Patch Plans

The Crysis Weekly Update #1 offers the first of what are promised as weekly status reports on Crytek's first-person shooter (thanks inCrysis). The update discusses the upcoming version 1.2 patch for the game, said to be "nearly finished from a content point of view," so it is off for testing by quality assurance, though it is still not clear when the patch will be released. In the meantime, they've posted a number of details on what the new version will include, such as a new grenade indicator icon, the addition of team colors to kill/death messages, and the sometimes popular auto team balance function. They also outline a number of bugs that will be fixed in the patch, which is described as "quite huge."

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Here's a good bug to fix Feb 1, 2008, 16:58 Jedi Master

How about the SP savegame size leak bug? Taking 30 secs to several minutes every time a checkpoint happens is seriously pissing me off. This didn't happen with 1.0, and a check of the web indicates it's happening to a LOT of people with 1.1.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Here's a good bug to fix Feb 1, 2008, 13:30 kyleb

And what's wrong with 30fps in a singleplayer game?
It is the fact that it drops considerably lower in the considerably more intensive moments of the game which aren't shown in the videos which is the probem. And that goes for multiplayer as well.

17. Re: Here's a good bug to fix Feb 1, 2008, 10:17 Scottish Martial Arts

That barely keeps 30fps in videos of less intensive moments of the game

And what's wrong with 30fps in a singleplayer game?

My PC is on the low-end of a mid-range: AMD XP4000+, 2GB RAM, Geforce 8800GT. But with that I can run Crysis at 1680x1050, on high settings, in the low to mid 30fps. At more demanding moments, particularly when there are heavy physics calculations going on, the framerate will drop to about 20fps.

Are these framerates ideal? No, but they are very playable with only occasional slowdowns. Given that, besides my videocard, my PC is two and a half years old, and that Crysis is graphically a step above anything else on the market, I'm pretty happy with my machines performance.

Bottom line: Cryis runs slower than my other games, but it looks significantly better than they do. Given that the framerate is playable, I could care less that I'm not getting 75+ fps.

16. Re: Here's a good bug to fix Feb 1, 2008, 02:26 kyleb

No, that's the $900 dollar machine.
That barely keeps 30fps in videos of less intensive moments of the game, and in stretched widescreen at that. And they didn't even have enough confidence in their machine's results to record the videos with the framerate counter running, let along post benchmark results.

15. Upgrade costs... Jan 31, 2008, 22:27 JohnBirshire

I don't know why people act as if it costs a bajillion dollars to upgrade your PC well enough to play new games. Last month I upgraded my computer for the first time in literally 5 years after I finally played a game, Crysis, that my old computer couldn't handle.

What I upgraded to was this:
AMD Athlon 64x Dual Core 6400+
2046 MB of RAM
NVidea GeForce 8800 GT
Misc parts such as new hard drive, power supply, etc.

Cost me about $500. I run all new games with no problem whatsoever including Crysis on max settings on 1600x1050 widescreen divx display, and have a 3DMark Score of roughly 11,500. Yes there are PCs that perform better, but I don't feel as if I need to upgrade except once every 4-5 years, at the cost of what it would take to buy a console system.

Make the argument for PC vs. Console based on sales figures, quality of games, control schemes, etc, but I think that price comparison is awfully over exaggerated.

14. Re: Here's a good bug to fix Jan 31, 2008, 20:36 Bone43

Let me put it this way. If THIS THING

http://h20435.www2.hp.com/#/home/

can't fucking play it maxed out

Yea because its an HP or other words an over priced piece of shit.

You want a fast box on the cheap build one.

13. Re: Here's a good bug to fix Jan 31, 2008, 20:29 Bone43

Wouldn't you like it if you could go back and replay a game from ages ago and have it scale up to your current hardware?

Ive been doing it for years and WTF is with all these people crying that there new games wont run maxed out on todays hardware hell its alway been that way with any thing that will scale up for a generation or two.

12. Re: Here's a good bug to fix Jan 31, 2008, 20:06 Efflixi

"600, 900, it's still bullshit.

can't fucking play it maxed out, then something is seriously fucking wrong with the engine you built.

According to PA, their Blackbird runs Crysis at High at 1440x900 and does so pretty smoothly. I find that less than promising.

Creston"

That's a $6000 piece of junk. For $1500 you can build a top of the line custom system that would be faster. It makes me cry to know that people are buying those systems (even if it's just two people)!

11. Re: Here's a good bug to fix Jan 31, 2008, 20:04 Skoll

If THIS THING ... can't fucking play it maxed out, then something is seriously fucking wrong with the engine you built.

I really don't understand that sentiment. Why shouldn't a game include settings that can't be reached by today's technology? That seems like EXCELLENT game design to me. Wouldn't you like it if you could go back and replay a game from ages ago and have it scale up to your current hardware?

I can't play TF2 on max settings right now, but it looks just fine to me. Those higher setting will be a bonus when I upgrade. Nothing to cry about.

http://www.bandega.com - Never miss a show again
This comment was edited on Jan 31, 20:05.

10. Re: Here's a good bug to fix Jan 31, 2008, 17:35 Creston

600, 900, it's still bullshit.

can't fucking play it maxed out, then something is seriously fucking wrong with the engine you built.

According to PA, their Blackbird runs Crysis at High at 1440x900 and does so pretty smoothly. I find that less than promising.

Creston

9. Re: Here's a good bug to fix Jan 31, 2008, 17:32 Joss

No, that's the $900 dollar machine.

Currently while playing Crysis mult-player, I'm only able to get the attention of nearby enemy with a full clip because of the damn Nano Suit. Gotta get the Gauss rifle to kick ass.

8. Re: No subject Jan 31, 2008, 17:32 Techie714

@jonphan

Mad props! Project Reality is still the BEST damn hardcore realistic shooter in the world. I love games like that but it's to bad they dont make them as realistic these days. They make games for the masses & the 15 year olds that would rather play counter strike than focus on real world teamwork & tactics.

Although COD4 mulitplayer on hard core is not to bad. That's the only way I play that game.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

7. Here's a good bug to fix Jan 31, 2008, 17:17 Creston

- Performance.

And we're still waiting with baited breath on that "$600 dollar machine that plays Crysis well."

Because quite frankly, I doubt you can build a 600 dollar machine that can play it at 800x600 with all settings locked on "Beyond Shitty" and gets 10+fps in that final level.

Creston

6. No subject Jan 31, 2008, 17:09 LittleMe

Lately I've been playing Project Reality and FH Mod for BF2 however I must say that Crysis multiplayer regular deathmatch is very good for standard DM. I hope Crytek keeps improving the game especially multiplayer. There's a lot of potential in the game but multiplayer was, imo, not finished. I'm old school quake1 and doom DM'er so I like DM sometimes.

A team DM mode would have been easy to do in crysis but, no, nada. I think it can be modded easily enough though. Oh, and I played Insurgency for HL2 and wtf, that game plays like crap. The mod is fine but the engine sucks. Crysis got the bad end of that stick.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

5. Re: Oh i see. Jan 31, 2008, 17:00 JohnBirshire

Grenade indicators are for pussies.

I've been playing Crysis online once in awhile, not because it is anything groundbreaking, but because it can be fun to do some Instant Action once in awhile. Oh, and because I paid 50 bucks for the game, so I might as well.

That being said, I happen to agree. Grenade indicators? Why? It makes no sense. If somebody throws a grenade, you don't see it being thrown, and it lands on the other side of a wall, why does it pop up on your screen and tell you? What's next, a message popping up and telling you whenever an enemy is in your area? Pointing a weapon at you? Etc? Stupid feature, leave it out. Not only that, it makes no sense with Crysis. The grenades do relatively little damage compared to many other games, and will only kill on a direct hit. Just another reason not to need a grenade indicator...as if you needed any other reason. Just because other games do it, doesn't mean yours needs to.

4. Really? Jan 31, 2008, 16:57 Kamakazie

There are people playing this game multiplayer? Its awful.

3. Re: Oh i see. Jan 31, 2008, 16:54 Techie714

@Jerykk

Hell yea brother, if your not a hardcore gamer get back on the porch! =)

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

2. Re: Oh i see. Jan 31, 2008, 15:14 Jerykk

Grenade indicators are for pussies.

1. Oh i see. Jan 31, 2008, 13:49 NKD

Ok. So 3-4 months for this to be released?

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo