Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Return of the Prince

Ubisoft confirms new Prince of Persia in fiscal '08 is based on Ubisoft's third quarter financials that reveal plans for a new installment in the Prince of Persia series in their fiscal 2008-2009 year, which begins in April. No other details are provided, but there are some purported early screenshots and speculation on Surfer Girl Reviews Star Wars where the game is referred to as Prince of Persia 4/0/Ghosts of the Past, said to be currently in development at Ubisoft Montreal.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: No subject Jan 25, 2008, 17:32 Shadowcat

Don't judge games by demos. If you do, you'll miss out.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: No subject Jan 24, 2008, 14:36 Eldaron Imotholin

It's a pity that everyone seems to judge Warrior Within based on the very limited demo. The full game was not 99% combat and featured much better level design than SoT. It did a much better job of integrating the combat into the platforming aspects of the game and was far less formulaic and predictable than SoT's "combat area (with respawning enemies), platforming area, combat area, platforming area" level design. For all intents and purposes, WW is the best game of the bunch and the only real weakness is the angsty transformation of the protagonist and the occasional rock music. However, these are relatively trivial.

I totally agree. The music didn't bother me, though. I personally have a thing for rockmusic in games and/or movies. It gives that extra kick to the action, that extra adrenaline rush. I personally enjoyed the Transformers movie especially when that rockmusic kicks in and the transformers go on a rampage on the highway!

Oh but anyway (I was getting off-topic)... Warrior Within is indeed the best of the series and I REALLY enjoyed Two Thrones aswell!!

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

12. Re: No subject Jan 24, 2008, 11:55 Jerykk

I played the demo for the followup, and it scarred me so badly (they completely missed the point, it was obvious Ubisoft big-wig-idiots got their hands on the creative direction) that I never touched the sequels after. Really a pity.

It's a pity that everyone seems to judge Warrior Within based on the very limited demo. The full game was not 99% combat and featured much better level design than SoT. It did a much better job of integrating the combat into the platforming aspects of the game and was far less formulaic and predictable than SoT's "combat area (with respawning enemies), platforming area, combat area, platforming area" level design. For all intents and purposes, WW is the best game of the bunch and the only real weakness is the angsty transformation of the protagonist and the occasional rock music. However, these are relatively trivial.

11. Re: No subject Jan 24, 2008, 07:53 Eldaron Imotholin

Hehehe nice one hehe

10. Re: No subject Jan 24, 2008, 07:36 Burrito of Peace

Complete madness.

Madness? THIS. IS. SPAR...shit...wrong place. Let's give it another go shall we?

~ahems~

Madness? THIS. IS. PERSIA!

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 07:38.

9. No subject Jan 24, 2008, 06:54 Eldaron Imotholin

In AC you've experienced right about everything the game has to offer after the first mission. I played that game for the story / cutscenes, which were ok.

Prince of Persia AND all its sequals (imo) I played for those marvelous acrobatic moves and not-over-the-top-complicated-but-interesting puzzles. Apart from that, even the story of every PoP was more than ok.

8. Re: No subject Jan 24, 2008, 03:40 Ludomancer

Sands of Time was one of my all-time favorite games. I played the demo for the followup, and it scarred me so badly (they completely missed the point, it was obvious Ubisoft big-wig-idiots got their hands on the creative direction) that I never touched the sequels after. Really a pity.

Assassin's Creed is a whole different ballgame that all of the above though. It's a flawed masterpiece in the truest sense.

7. Re: No subject Jan 24, 2008, 03:13 sponge

That's what I actually like about platformers. Figuring out how to get from point A to point B and then possessing the skill necessary to pull it off. From what I've heard, AC's platforming is completely streamlined and automated, requiring minimal planning or skill from the player. If this is indeed true, I'll take traditional platforming any day.

Agreed. The illusion of open-endedness (since no game really is) is really overrated. I'll take a new PoP over another boring Assassin's Creed anyday of the week.

I kind of feel like playing PoP now.

6. Re: Please make it good. Jan 23, 2008, 22:50 nin

Charlie Murphy: [when Prince challenges them to basketball] We can call it the shirts vs the blouses.

[Prince looks on the verge of tears]

Charlie Murphy: I don't know what he was crying about. He knew where he got that shirt and it certainly wasn't in the men's department.

------------------------------------------------
http://niggytardust.com/saulwilliams/menu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4zXIyyaJss&NR=1

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Please make it good. Jan 23, 2008, 22:43 Ant

SoT and old scroller PoP were good. I don't like the sequels after SoT. Ugh!  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

4. Re: No subject Jan 23, 2008, 22:37 Jerykk

I played Sands of Time (got it free with some sort of hardware) but after playing Assassin's Creed, I don't look forward to the 'you must run this corridor this way or die over and over and over'.

That's what I actually like about platformers. Figuring out how to get from point A to point B and then possessing the skill necessary to pull it off. From what I've heard, AC's platforming is completely streamlined and automated, requiring minimal planning or skill from the player. If this is indeed true, I'll take traditional platforming any day.

3. POP Jan 23, 2008, 21:28 Kxmode

What? A giant video game publisher is looking to continue developing their highly successful series at the same time a major Hollywood producer is working on a film based on the same property?

A video game, based on a movie that's based on a video game. Complete madness.

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
Game p/reviewer for http://www.gameindustry.com/

2. Re: No subject Jan 23, 2008, 21:12 The Half Elf

I played Sands of Time (got it free with some sort of hardware) but after playing Assassin's Creed, I don't look forward to the 'you must run this corridor this way or die over and over and over'.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. No subject Jan 23, 2008, 20:49 Eldaron Imotholin

Nice! I always liked the PoP games. Simply fantastic gameplay, I think!

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo