Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Assassin's Creed PC Specs

YouGamers has posted the system specifications for the upcoming PC edition of Assassin's Creed. The specs are pretty steep, and YouGamers has updated their Game-o-Meter to give you an idea of how badly you need an upgrade. The game will require 2 GB of RAM (3 GB is recommended) and the minimum CPU is a Dual core 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ with the recommended processors listed as Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (or better).

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Already? Jan 23, 2008, 18:43 Yifes

Well, to be fair, Ubisoft Shanghai made the game so it wasn't exactly great on the consoles either. I think they should be banned from making games.

Not true. It was codeveloped by Ubisoft Shanghai and Montreal. Shanghai worked on the next gen consoles, while Montreal worked on the PS2/Xbox/Wii.

To be fair, Ubisoft Shanghai made Pandora Tomorrow and that game was def my fav in the series.

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 18:47.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Already? Jan 23, 2008, 16:18 Prez

Bogus or not, I thought it would be quite a long time before we started seeing "3 Gig of ram recommended". Jeez.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

25. Re: Already? Jan 23, 2008, 15:14 Ray Marden

Yeah, I think I will just skip this one.

On the 360, it may be the buggiest release of the year and gameplay is fairly repetitive (as mentioned elsehwere, play the game for one hour and you've done everything you'll do in the game.)

I was holding out for a PC release for a number of factors (better control, possible removal of a few million bugs, discounted price, ability to tweak or mod on the PC) but the specifications they want are just insane lazy. Basically, Ubisoft is saying Crysis will run a lot bette than AC will on a PC. Lulz.

If they can't bother to pay competent people to program the game, I won't bother purchasing it.
It's so sad the console users never really complained about the bugs.
Shrugging,
Ray

-----
I'm looking for some alien toilet to park my bricks; who's first?
http://www.livejournal.com/users/raymarden/
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

24. Re: Already? Jan 23, 2008, 14:30 Buckermann

2 or 3 Gig? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Xbox 360 has only 512 MB which is also shared with the GPU?

23. Re: Already? Jan 23, 2008, 13:44 Jerykk

Ubisoft delayed Double Agent so that they could 'make it the best game they could'... Look where that fucking took us!

Well, to be fair, Ubisoft Shanghai made the game so it wasn't exactly great on the consoles either. I think they should be banned from making games.

22. No subject Jan 23, 2008, 13:13 Eldaron Imotholin

I must admit... this game turned into an anticipated one after I've seen the trailer. It does indeed look very good.

I just don't think it'll give you the good old Alone in the Dark feeling... but maybe that'll be a job impossible.

Again: The game looks good, I think!!

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

21. Re: No subject Jan 23, 2008, 10:46 zirik

The guards patiently await their turn as they surround you. So sweet, so fair....

apparently they have a creed not to use greater numbers to their advantage during a fight.

20. Re: No subject Jan 23, 2008, 06:44 Eldaron Imotholin

Who cares? This game sucked anwyay. Visually it was beautiful, and I loved the feel, but how many groups of guards can you take out and how many towers do you need to leap off before it's get repetitive beyond belief? Great concept, poor execution.

That's exactly what I thought, really. "How many guards can you take out" That alone is a good comment to make a point on how poor executed this game is. The guards patiently await their turn as they surround you. So sweet, so fair....

19. Re: Already? Jan 23, 2008, 04:51 Optimaximal

The delay between the PC release and the console releases would suggest that Ubisoft is actually trying to fix some of the issues that plagued AC. At least, that's what I'm hoping. They probably won't mess with any of the design aspects but they might actually squash many of the more prominent bugs.
I thought it was more down to the fact that they needed to suss out how the control system would translate to M+KB - unless it's going to require a dual-analogue pad.

Ubisoft delayed Double Agent so that they could 'make it the best game they could'... Look where that fucking took us!

18. Re: Already? Jan 22, 2008, 23:14 Jerykk

The delay between the PC release and the console releases would suggest that Ubisoft is actually trying to fix some of the issues that plagued AC. At least, that's what I'm hoping. They probably won't mess with any of the design aspects but they might actually squash many of the more prominent bugs.

17. Re: Already? Jan 22, 2008, 23:09 Donkey_Punch

A typical UBI PC game - a port from a console. It will be buggy as old hell and they won't fix the game properly. Don't be a sucker and buy this game.

16. Re: No subject Jan 22, 2008, 21:26 Cutter

Who cares? This game sucked anwyay. Visually it was beautiful, and I loved the feel, but how many groups of guards can you take out and how many towers do you need to leap off before it's get repetitive beyond belief? Great concept, poor execution.

"Grab a napkin, homie. You just got served."
- Wolowitz

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

15. Re: No subject Jan 22, 2008, 19:58 Jerykk

Um, you guys realize that official system requirements are completely worthless? I've played tons of supposedly dual-core requiring games on a single-core CPU just fine. And if AC actually needs 3 gigs of RAM to run well, I'll be genuinely surprised.

14. No subject Jan 22, 2008, 19:33 Toebot

Looks like they didn't want to make a single threaded version, that's got to be some kind of a gaming first. 3GB of memory, XP? Vista? Who knows, who cares, I'm not that interested in another shitty console port.

13. Freckin' sore! Jan 22, 2008, 19:10 Eldaron Imotholin

Freckin' sick requirements ffs. My sys can live up to it won't run on 40 fps -_-

Oh well... I feel ass-raped enough already by this game being delayed so long for the PC + the fact that the PC version wasn't mentioned in any of the hype-making interviews... so hell, why not another plunge.

12. Re: Already? Jan 22, 2008, 19:02 ldonyo

The 3GB of RAM in the Recommended specs is ludicrous. This tells me that very little in the way of optimization was done in an effort to reduce load times and the number of points at which a load must take place. It also tells me that the developers (porters, more likely) decided that they wanted to cache as much as they possibly could just because they could do so and for no other reason. On the plus side for Ubi, Jade Raymond is pretty hot!

Head Chef & Bottle Washer for LAN Addict - http://www.lanaddict.

11. Re: Already? Jan 22, 2008, 18:32 PHJF

Who gives a shit this game is fun for all of 45 minutes at which point you've done virtually everything it has to offer.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

10. Re: Already? Jan 22, 2008, 18:19 Fion

Run better? Maybe run better then YOUR PC.

I don't know what the guys behind this game are doing, but their engineers must suck. Crysis doesn't even have these kind of specs, and the Xbox360 hardware is no where near as powerful as even the base requirements for the PC version.

Course the title sucked anyway. Shitty AI (all console titles have shitty AI,) repetitive gameplay, crappy combat, and an end game that is perhaps the worse end game on a 'AAA' title ever. Yay waves of soldiers attacking me for 10 minutes and then I win. WOW!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2694-Zero-Punctuation-Assassin-s-Creed

9. Re: Already? Jan 22, 2008, 18:17 Fibrocyte

You said it first - you provide the examples.

8. Re: Already? Jan 22, 2008, 18:07 NKD

You must smoke crack.

Give me some examples? Some of the better PC games recently have been available on Xbox360 as well, and usually perform better.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo