Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EVE on Steam

Valve and CCP announce that EVE Online is now being offered via the Steam online content delivery service, and the arrival of the science fiction MMORPG on Steam has inspired them to offer a 21-day free trial for the game as well as a $5.00 discount off the first full month's subscription fee for Steam users. Further details can be found on the Steam EVE Online Page.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: No subject Jan 23, 2008, 14:09 Ginny

already have 3 full accounts......

You and most of their active users unfortunately.

As for realtime combat, gl with that, tried to play on sunday, (the only free day i had last week) 45 seconds to 1 minute to active a module, warp in any dirrection, bring up any screen that required a responce from the server.

2008, more like 1998 on the 56k, phonejack city.

I just quit and went and did something else, unlike the hoards that feed the pathetic trolls on their forum that ccp choose to hide behind rather than ban their juvenile imature backsides.

Honestly a few thousand more, 1 minute with become 1.30, and the ignorance from ccp won't change one iota.

All they care about is money, period.

A responce from a ccp dev today take from their forum to underline the above about the expected influx of users.

"Pure hell for EVE? I don't find that many issues with server performance when I play."

'CCP Atropos'

Says it all i belive

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 14:14.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. No subject Jan 23, 2008, 06:26 TorTorden

yea, but what makes this necessary, ccp has been offering a 14 day free trial for the past three years, and the client itself is just a download away.
But still I'm mainly just complaining about two good things.

Cant say I will be taking the steam route for eve-o though, already have 3 full accounts......

Yea I know, I'm a sick sick fuck,..

----------------------------
Yes, I abuse grammar by opening my mouth.

3. No subject Jan 22, 2008, 19:40 Toebot

If a realtime combat model could be pasted into this game, it would approach MMO perfection. But as it stands now it's more economic simulator than space sim. Still an entertaining game but it doesn't really excite.

2. Eve on Steam Jan 22, 2008, 18:28 Fion

I love steam and use it all the time, for gaming, buying shit and chatting with friends, or kicking their asses in TF2 buahaha.

Right now I couldn't care less about this. I've tried eve and it didn't do it for me, though some of my friends love the thing. It's just to slow for me.

BUT, CCP is working on the World of Darkness MMOG, and when that hits, if I can get some special discount to buy it on steam, I definitely will.

1. SWEET! Jan 22, 2008, 18:27 Techie714

Steam just keeps getting better & better! EVE is a great game with really good graphics. If you like a space sim on the rather slow side. It's VERY technical and in depth but fun.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo