Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hellgate London Lifetime Subscription Deadline

The Hellgate: London Website has word that the end of this month is the deadline to purchase their Founder's offer, which includes all subscriber-content for Flagship's action/RPG, those interested must sign up by January 31. The site includes an additional note that while their recent post about the upcoming Stonehenge expansion focused on subscriber content in the update (story), the update includes non-subscriber content, as well:

Howdy folks! It seems there's a little confusion out there regarding the upcoming patch. Just to make it clear to everyone, there's a lot of stuff in there for both subscribers and non-subscribers. Skill tweaks, UI improvements, respecs, the PvP arena, new animations, and more - these are for everyone.

If you check the patch notes here, everything above "Special Subscriber Features" is included for all players. ^_^

As we continue to expand the Hellgate universe in the coming months, we have every intention to improve the game for everyone, subscriber or not.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: No subject Jan 23, 2008, 16:58 Prez

victim: I just had a cool unique item drop from the boss I killed, but the item says “subscriber only”? Wtf is this, shareware loot? I can’t even trade it to a subscriber!

troll: Yep, you got flagshipped.

Holy cow, that's lame. Couldn't they at least make sure non-subscribers couldn't get subscriber drops? Incredible.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: No subject Jan 23, 2008, 07:37 Undocumented Alien

http://www.flagshipped.com/

32. Re: No subject Jan 22, 2008, 17:10 Cutter

That's right, we are paying someone to access "free" content, so it's not really free, is it?

"Grab a napkin, homie. You just got served."
- Wolowitz

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

31. Re: No subject Jan 22, 2008, 13:06 Proudfoot

It is? So why do cable and sattelite companies collect a monthly fee from us?

Um, last I checked, the Superbowl isn't broadcast on a 'sattelite/cable' only channel.

You don't need cable to see the Superbowl, just a TV.

30. ... Jan 22, 2008, 09:06 theyarecomingforyou

Yeah, Gamespy fucked people over by basically renaming the program Gamespy Arcade. However, it was more so they could start charging a subscription like they do currently - that would NOT have been very popular if it was thrust upon Gamespy 3D. Not that it matters... it's pretty shit nowadays and not as necessary as it once was.

NEway, I came in here to criticise Hellgate but it looks like everyone else has it covered.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn
This comment was edited on Jan 22, 09:07.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

29. Lifetime subscription Jan 22, 2008, 08:14 Nighthawk

I had a lifetime subscription to Gamespy 3D...
Apparantly I'm dead now, because my lifetime scription is worthless.
Not that I didn't get my money's worth, but they dropped 3D for gamespy Arcade, and offered me a free year.
They were essentially the same program, but a different name invalidates the "lifetime" part.

/me spits on gamespy

28. Re: No subject Jan 22, 2008, 07:29 Beamer

The Superbowl will be free to watch because of those ads.

Two shoddy comparison, from both of you.

The Superbowl is free due to ads. You aren't required to pay a single cent to see it.
Unlike Hellgate, which requires $50, plus $10/month for every feature.

And yes, you likely need to pay cable for The Superbowl, but you aren't paying one company for the content, you're paying another for the delivery. Cutter, your argument would also say Blues isn't free because we're paying $40/month for our cable internet.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

27. THis doesnt make any sense.... Jan 22, 2008, 04:18 IMSabbel

I mean, whats their track-record after nearly 4 months?

Justs a few patches to bring the game out of beta to semi-RC level.
IIRC, this "founders edition" costs more than a year of fees.
Do you really think that you will get more content in 2009?

26. Re: No subject Jan 22, 2008, 03:52  famished 

This is the LAST time we will offer a lifetime subscription, better act now!

2 weeks go by...

This is the LAST time we will offer a lifetime subscription, you'd better hurry!

2 more weeks go by...

It's like a Celine Dion retirement concert.

25. Re: No subject Jan 22, 2008, 02:11 Nate Palm

Why would you even end the ability to get a lifetime subscription? It's not like this game is lighting up the sales charts. Wouldn't they want the opportunity to get as much money as they can?

24. Re: No subject Jan 22, 2008, 02:07 Cutter

"Grab a napkin, homie. You just got served."
- Wolowitz

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

23. Re: No subject Jan 22, 2008, 01:45 NKD

Bill Roper needs to go back to rating movies or whatever it is his day job is. He can't cut it with games.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

22. Re: No subject Jan 22, 2008, 01:30 verybad

"Guess what, the super bowl will have ads.....omg.....omg.......omg........how will we ever live!"

21. No subject Jan 21, 2008, 23:59 Hump

yeah boy, I better run to take advantage of this one......

*pours another coffee*

This is criminal. Bill Roper and his lackeys should be barred from ever being involved with any development of ANY kind EVER again.

I hope they all die in a fire then go to a hell that is far more atmospheric then that mundane shitty hell they pushed out their ASS!

I bought the game <never subscribed thank god> and all the shit that there making right now should be given to everyone just because the original game is an incomplete COCK UP!

So they sold half a shit game and are now charging people $30 bucks<subscribers since release> for another 1/10 a shit game.

If you are even entertaining the idea getting the founders offer please send me your home address so I can come over there and kick you in the BALLS!

Trust me you'll thanks me for it.

At least your not bitter.....;P

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.
This comment was edited on Jan 22, 00:04.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

20. No subject Jan 21, 2008, 23:21 nin

Dear Roper,

Please take your shitty game and go away.

------------------------------------------------
http://niggytardust.com/saulwilliams/menu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4zXIyyaJss&NR=1

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

19. Hellgate can bite me Jan 21, 2008, 23:05 Fausticle

This is criminal. Bill Roper and his lackeys should be barred from ever being involved with any development of ANY kind EVER again.

I hope they all die in a fire then go to a hell that is far more atmospheric then that mundane shitty hell they pushed out their ASS!

I bought the game <never subscribed thank god> and all the shit that there making right now should be given to everyone just because the original game is an incomplete COCK UP!

So they sold half a shit game and are now charging people $30 bucks<subscribers since release> for another 1/10 a shit game.

If you are even entertaining the idea getting the founders offer please send me your home address so I can come over there and kick you in the BALLS!

Trust me you'll thanks me for it.

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 23:07.

18. No subject Jan 21, 2008, 23:00 HellSlayer

omg ads....the world is coming to an end! Even though this game was a big let down for me, I can not stand by and listen to this ad nonesense. Guess what, the super bowl will have ads.....omg.....omg.......omg........how will we ever live!

Jesus is Lord! If Jesus has no power,why get upset?

o0

17. Re: No subject Jan 21, 2008, 22:59 Darks

I hope not, only fools follow this shinking ship. Roper trying to drum up more hype for his masterful piece of shit pay to play and rip you off game. piss off Roper!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

16. Re: No subject Jan 21, 2008, 22:44 The Half Elf

From what I understand the in games advertising was something EA wanted in the game, and FSS was against, but you figure that one out especially with the 'free' Battlefield announcement.
That being said if you want to see the in game advertising you will have to go out of your way to look for them.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

15. Re: No subject Jan 21, 2008, 22:04 wtf_man

As much as I am ANTI Hellgate: London, calling it 'Ad-infested' is basic bullshit. You HARDLY notice them unless you are staring at walls - which is quite unneccessary to play the game, watch where you are running, it helps

I wouldn't know how badly infested it is... the point is that it has adware.

Does the adware lower the price of the game? Nope.
(It failing miserable puts it in the bargain bin quicker though)

Does the Adware eliminate a need for a Subscription Fee? Nope.

Is there some sort of reporting mechanism for the ads? From what little I've read about it, yes.

It doesn't matter whether the ads are intrusive or not. The concept alone is intrusive, especially along with reporting mechanisms.

Supporters of games like this are setting a BAD precedent on what consumers are willing to put up with.

/shrug

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo