Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hellgate: London - Stonehenge Nears

Stonehenge is coming to Hellgate: London subscribers, hopefully opening up the possibility that a Stonehenge monument is in danger of being crushed by a dwarf. Word is this first bit of premium content for Flagship's action/RPG will go live Monday:

The fight for humanity is spreading away from the streets and sewers of London and moving all the way out to the mystical areas surrounding Stonehenge – or what’s left of it. The first installment of the ongoing Hellgate Chronicles is going live for subscribers on Monday, January 21st, 2008.

Stonehenge is a huge outdoor hub accessed through a special portal in Templar Base, connecting players to several new and exciting quests. Heroes will find themselves in completely new open, outdoor wilderness areas unlike anything seen within the city limits of London, battling terrifying new demons and bosses and finding new items very distinct in their appearance. This action-packed update includes:

• The Caste Caves – Unlock four unique dungeons, one for each caste of enemy – Beast, Necro, Spectral and Demon – to seek and destroy a powerful overlord that resides in each cave. Defeating them and collecting their heads will allow you to continue the adventure…

• Moloch’s Lair – Only after collecting the heads from the Caste Caves will heroes be allowed entry into the lair, with a chance to defeat the legendary Moloch, one of hell’s most imposing minions who carries very unique items that can only be obtained by defeating him in combat. And because Moloch’s soul is eternal, this quest and it’s rewards can be a never-ending challenge

• The Wild – These three mini-raid areas present players with difficult obstacles but also huge rewards with three levels that get increasingly more difficult even with the recommended full party size – you will need a small army to get through these challenges

In addition to the above, The Stonehenge Chronicles also includes many of the other updates the Hellgate: London community has been asking for, including improvements to game UI, a large number of skill balance changes, a PvP dueling arena and more.

Hellgate: London subscribers can also now pay for their subscriptions via PayPal and PayByCash. For more information on payment options and a full list of notes for this update, please visit www.hellgatelondon.com.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: no Subject. Jan 19, 2008, 13:03 dubfanatic

I love it, The same people who are bitching here are the same people who are bitching about Crysis not working on there computers.

That's a non sequitur, but I like squirrels.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: no Subject. Jan 18, 2008, 23:32 MMORPGHoD

LOL, the people who paid what, $150, for this game need to pay for this content!? Good idea. Why not, if you can find suckers to pay that much, you know they're good for some more cash.

28. Re: no Subject. Jan 18, 2008, 23:29 Mysdrial

I just hope that before the game dies a horrible death and they shut down the central servers, they release some kind of LAN server for it. The MP isn't bad with a group, but paying a monthly subscription for is stupid as hell. And when those server die, so does the MP right now

27. Re: no Subject. Jan 18, 2008, 20:23 Lorcin

So you guys imagine that anybody who bought the lifetime subscription package and after this lame announcement committed hari-kari.

Would their family have grounds too sue for false advertising this shit as a game and therefore bury this crap once and for all?

Or would the mighty Eula win again?

(Translation: HAHA lifetime subscription peeps - we fucking told you so)

26. Re: no Subject. Jan 18, 2008, 19:50 WarPig

...not working on there computers.

Where computers?

There.

What?

There, computer. There, castle.

Why are you talking that way?

I thought you wanted to.

No, I don't want to.

Suit yourself. I'm easy.

GO SEAHAWKS!

GO SEAHAWKS!

25. Re: hmm Jan 18, 2008, 19:46 Cutter

Actually, things like improvements to game UI, the large number of skill balance changes, and PvP dueling arena are for everyone. But you'd have to actually read the patch notes they put up on their test center to know that and since that isn't made very clear in this news post, people assume the worst. They've also done stuff to make grouping more rewarding (exp and tresaure bumps), animation improvements, work on quests, items, and crafting - and these are improvements everyone gets.

Viral market much, douchebag?

Come on, Bleeeeezard! Quit fucking around and bring us Diablo 3 already!

"Grab a napkin, homie. You just got served."
- Wolowitz

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

24. No subject Jan 18, 2008, 19:18 Bone43

Trust me just pass on this game.

23. Re: no Subject. Jan 18, 2008, 18:22 Prez

I love it, The same people who are bitching here are the same people who are bitching about Crysis not working on there computers.

Generalize much? That's a pretty ridiculous statement. If you're enjoying the game, then fine, but the game has been a HUGE disappointment for many here.

You should have read all the excitement when the game was announced - people were stoked about Hellgate at first. Then, as time went by, with each disastrous decision by Flagship, people got more and more disenchanted. The awful demo was the last straw for most, and the idiotic pricing scheme ended up being the nail in the coffin.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

22. Re: hmm Jan 18, 2008, 17:40 BD

Actually, things like improvements to game UI, the large number of skill balance changes, and PvP dueling arena are for everyone. But you'd have to actually read the patch notes they put up on their test center to know that and since that isn't made very clear in this news post, people assume the worst. They've also done stuff to make grouping more rewarding (exp and tresaure bumps), animation improvements, work on quests, items, and crafting - and these are improvements everyone gets.

21. Re: no Subject. Jan 18, 2008, 17:39 g_mann

20. Re: hmm Jan 18, 2008, 17:18 WyldKat

"God, I love This is Spinal Tap. Given today's plethora of reality TV schlock, this movie was way ahead of its time."

LOL me too! Stonehenge, the song, was the first thing that popped into my head upon seeing this article.

And yeah, that film is timeless, it goes to 11!

19. No subject Jan 18, 2008, 17:08 Omni

it makes no fucking sense to pay for this game i mean there are so many other mmo's i rather play out there.

But yeah like some1 said let this shit game die please.

18. Re: hmm Jan 18, 2008, 16:20 Undocumented Alien

Can someone subscribe on Jan 20th, pay $10, and get the content? Not that I'm interested in playing this game...

Yeah, basically you RENT the premium/subscriber content for $10 a month. You stop paying, you lose access to all that content. If you chose to pay again you get it back.

So the subscription is basically a carrot to keep compulsive item collectors on the nipple.

17. No subject Jan 18, 2008, 16:17 KataSteel

"In addition to the above, The Stonehenge Chronicles also includes many of the other updates the Hellgate: London community has been asking for, including improvements to game UI, a large number of skill balance changes, a PvP dueling arena and more."

What about fixing it for those of us who bought the unfinished game? Yeah I already know the answer, we get the shaft. Most over hyped and biggest letdown of 2007.

16. Re: hmm Jan 18, 2008, 16:10 Ray Marden

Don't quote me, I am not 100% certain what the current plan is, but it was my understanding you could subscribe/un-subscribe at any time.

Upon un-subscribing, you lose access to most (all?) premium content, but nothing would be deleted. Upon re-subscribing, you would have access to the previous items/levels/whatever.
It's a really weak single-player game and it's NOT a MMOG.
More worried that Roper (& crew) have ignored all the obvious issues,
Ray

-----
I'm looking for some alien toilet to park my bricks; who's first?
http://www.livejournal.com/users/raymarden/
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

15. Re: hmm Jan 18, 2008, 16:04 Fibrocyte

Wishing this scam game would die off,

Ray

You've got your strikethrough backwards. =(

Edit: Figuring out strikethrough...
This comment was edited on Jan 18, 16:06.

14. Re: hmm Jan 18, 2008, 16:00 MMORPGHoD

Can someone subscribe on Jan 20th, pay $10, and get the content? Not that I'm interested in playing this game...

13. Re: hmm Jan 18, 2008, 15:59 CTone

"Stonehenge, where the demons dwell..."

Where the banshees live and they do live well...

God, I love This is Spinal Tap. Given today's plethora of reality TV schlock, this movie was way ahead of its time.

Excellent reference Blue!

12. No subject Jan 18, 2008, 15:58 nightfend

I am currently playing Hellgate: London (singleplayer), and I agree it's rather repetitive. I can't imagine what they can possibly offer that would make someone want to pay a monthly fee for this game.

11. Re: hmm Jan 18, 2008, 15:49 Elf Shot The Food

"Crap, someone beat me to it."

I like yours better, though.

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo