Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallen Empire: Legions Announced

GarageGames announces Fallen Empire: Legions, their upcoming web-based first-person shooter that has been described as TRIBE-like based on footage recently "leaked" onto the intertubes (story). There are some screenshots on PCGames.de, and word is:

EUGENE, OREGON – January 17, 2008 – After months of rumors and a recent video leak on the web, GarageGames today announced initial details for Fallen Empire: Legions, a first person shooter for the recently announced 3D online game platform, InstantAction.com.

“This is a first person shooter built by hardcore gamers who are wildly passionate about the genre,” said Tim Aste, project director for Fallen Empire: Legions. “The game design allows for us to create a unique experience that brings FPS gaming back to its roots. Legions won’t be just any ordinary jewel matching web game; in terms of graphics and gameplay it will set a new benchmark of what the future of gaming will be on the web.”

"We created InstantAction to give ourselves and the rest of the development community an outlet to make the games they want to play. Rather than churning out sequels or licensed games, we're working with developers focused on creating cool gameplay," said Josh Williams, CEO of GarageGames. "Fallen Empire: Legions will be InstantAction's most advanced example of this so far. Marrying core games with the accessibility and social power of the web is a huge step forward in the industry, and I personally can't wait for this game to be released so I can hop on and start playing everyone."

Developed internally by GarageGames, Fallen Empire: Legions combines distinctive freedom of movement with fast paced first-person combat to create strategic, team-oriented gameplay. The InstantAction platform has allowed Fallen Empire: Legions to leverage the best of what the web has to offer, creating an evolving experience for players that can constantly be improved upon. This is first-person warfare at its fastest and finest!

To sign up for the beta test, receive exclusive sneak peeks of Fallen Empire: Legions, and earn free Action Tokens (InstantAction's virtual currency), please visit www.instantaction.com.

View
17. No subject Jan 18, 2008, 22:21 Beaner

I hope this is good but I dont know. This browser thing just worries me. Damn Tribes just can never get the "build" respect it deserves. Its one of the top 5 mulitplay FPS classic of all time. Now we go from TV to a browser game. =(

How would you Quake, ET or Counterstrike folks feel if they told you the next game would be built to run in a browser. When if Valve told you TF2 would run in a browser.

And to dsmart. You can have spore and the art school games. Some of us have been waiting years for a decent successor to Tribes or at least a spiritual successor. Garage Games has said at various times that Vivendi has asked them if they would build another Tribes game. They said no. And Im glad they did. If anyone knows anything about the history of the Tribes franchise, they'll know Vivendi/Sierra were a big part of effing it up and closing down Dynamix. Garage Games wants to revive their baby without any control or influence from the likes of Vivendi and more power to them. I just hope this browser thing works out.

I'll say it again..fuck Vivendi.
This comment was edited on Jan 18, 22:32.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jan 17, 21:39 No subject Mega Fantasy Sci-Fi PostApocalyptic MMORTRPFPS 9000
  8. Jan 18, 09:27  Re: No subject  dsmart 
  9. Jan 18, 10:05   Re: No subject Pubknight
  10. Jan 18, 10:41    Re: No subject  dsmart 
  11. Jan 18, 10:56     Re: No subject Pubknight
  12. Jan 18, 11:57      Re: No subject Jerykk
  13. Jan 18, 12:42       Re: No subject  dsmart 
  14. Jan 18, 15:00        Re: No subject Jerykk
  16. Jan 18, 16:59         Re: No subject  dsmart 
  18. Jan 18, 23:02          Re: No subject Jerykk
  2. Jan 17, 22:07 web-based FPS James
  3. Jan 17, 22:24  Re: web-based FPS ViRGE
  4. Jan 17, 22:25 Well Surf