Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Safety Dance

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. No subject Jan 15, 2008, 17:46 D4rkKnight

I've had a keylogger called darkmoon or something show up on my scans multiple times after visiting normal websites like this one.

I cannot pin point the exact website I get it from, but over the last few months my scanner has found it at least 4 times, every time from an advertisement.

Beyond that advertisements slow down my browsing by a large margin, sometimes failing to contact the advertisers website, so the rest of the page refuses to load and I sit there watching the status bar, connecting to ad....com.

I'm all for ads generating revenue but they really don't seem to give a shit about the negative effects they instill upon their customers computers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Best Buy - The McDonald's of Electronics Jan 15, 2008, 12:57 Pumas

Best Buy employees couldn't find their own ass with both hands. Finding a BB employee who knows what the hell they are talking about is like finding a needle in all the hay in the world sunk to the bottom of the ocean.

It is NOT illegal to purchase an M rated game for a minor. The ESRB is an industry created entity that has absolutely no legal clout whatsoever. It is against industry policy. It may be against BB policy...but not illegal. Shouting to the store that someone is a criminal like that is akin to slander.

V

How will I know limits from lies if I never try?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo