Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men Demo

A playable demo for Kane & Lynch: Dead Men offers the chance to sample the Retomoto Tower mission in IO Interactive's action shooter. The 594 MB download is available on AtomicGamer, ComputerGames.ro, FanGaming, FileFront, FileShack, Gamer's Hell, and PixelRage.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: No subject Jan 12, 2008, 21:33 Shadowcat

you play 5 minutes worth and you've just played everything this game has to offer.
FWIW, the same was true of Max Payne, and I enjoyed that plenty.

This comment was edited on Jan 12, 21:36.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: System Requirements??? Jan 9, 2008, 03:37 Jerykk

How'd you get AGP from that???? Whoa man, lay off the dope.

I thought the 7900 GS was only an AGP card but evidently it comes in PCI-E as well.

32. Re: great.... Jan 8, 2008, 15:41 Overon

get this - people in australia are not responsible enough to brush their own teeth, so the gov is putting fluride int he water supply :S
Do you live in the USA? Fluoride is put in the municipal water supply for years, partly because it has been shown that this is done, the cases cavities and tooth loss drop significantly. It's a good public health practice.

31. No subject Jan 7, 2008, 22:10 Retired

Well, I din't think the demo was that bad - controls don't feel all that tight, the weapons aren't really all that accurate (even the handgun) and the 1 shot 1 kill does NOT apply.

Other than that, I will give it a try when it goes on super sale - I liked it, nothing to rush out and buy, but you can order your team around and they actually shoot people, so that is nice.

After playing through CoD4, I feel a little jipped that I can't pick up other weapons on the ground and use them.

Oh well. I don't know what all the negativity is - looks nice, plays ok, could be some fun there.....$30.00 worth, not more than $35.00.

/edit: Oh, and the blatant swearing every other word makes me think the team that work on the dialog is a little too young to be writing dialog. heh.

Supporter of the Cell Phone Jamming movement.
This comment was edited on Jan 7, 22:11.

30. Re: System Requirements??? Jan 7, 2008, 21:55 MrPr3f3ct

How'd you get AGP from that???? Whoa man, lay off the dope.  
Some people are like Slinkys. Not really good for anything, but you just can't help but giggle when you see one tumble down the stairs.

29. Re: System Requirements??? Jan 7, 2008, 21:31 Jerykk

I'm running an FX-60, 2.5GB PC3200, Creative X-Fi and Dual 7900 GS in SLI and it still ran like poooooo.........

They have SLI in AGP?

28. Re: great.... Jan 7, 2008, 20:03 Bone43

Oh, about the game. Its rubbish. If you want a shooter, do yourself a favor and get COD4

Couldn't agree more played through SP at least a half dozen times and MP is even more fun best FPS this year.

Can and Lynch on the other hand is really bad shelved it two levels in, its the second worst game so far this year SOF payback easily takes number one.

27. Re: System Requirements??? Jan 7, 2008, 19:15 MrPr3f3ct

I'm running an FX-60, 2.5GB PC3200, Creative X-Fi and Dual 7900 GS in SLI and it still ran like poooooo.........  
Some people are like Slinkys. Not really good for anything, but you just can't help but giggle when you see one tumble down the stairs.

26. Re: System Requirements??? Jan 7, 2008, 19:03 elefunk

If you were asking my, my specs are an 8800gt with an opteron 165 and 2GB ram.

25. Re: No subject Jan 7, 2008, 18:40 Slink

Kane & Lynch Demo. "Now with less Gertsmann!"

- - - - - - - - - -
WoW = Waiting on Warhammer.

My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu

24. Re: System Requirements??? Jan 7, 2008, 18:36 MrPr3f3ct

Just curios what your running for specs. Maybe we have similar systems......  

23. Re: No subject Jan 7, 2008, 18:17 elefunk

Downloaded the demo. Get's a big meh from me. The idea of the game is kinds cool, but the shooting is boring as hell, it wouldn't let me control with mouse+keyboard since my 360 controller was plugged in, and the 360 control was slow and terribly sluggish. There is also a lack of any sort of key pop-ups, so that means you have to remember all the controls from looking at the options screen buried in the menus.

Performance was decent but nothing special, and of course badly optimized. 1680x1050, doesn't look all that special, and kept jumping between 60+ FPS with no action on screen and 15 FPS with a bunch of action on screen. Combined with sluggish controls, definitely not all that fun.

I guess the one good part about the demo was that it didn't have any of the GFW Live nonsense that the full game has. tongue

*uninstalls*

22. Re: No subject Jan 7, 2008, 18:02 Eldaron Imotholin

I'm curious... have you actually played the whole game or just the first 5 minutes?

I don't know about the others, but I, sadly, have played the whole game from beginning 'till the end. But that's because I'm a kind of person that once he starts on something, he wants to end it. That's with real life projects, favors, etc, and yes, also with games. No matter how fucking bad they are, I usually finish them.

Some games are, ofcourse, and exception. Like Blacksite: Area 51 and Gears of War. BlackSite is one of the worst games I've ever played and I think it would've even be a fuck-up if a similar game was released in the Half Life era, and Gears of War is just way too long (for the PC atleast) considering it's BORING gameplay.

Yes, I think Gears of War is the exact same crap in a shitbox as Kane & Lynch, but Gears' crap was spoiling over the edge of the box.. making your harddisk all covered in shit unless you uninstalled that crapfortress.
This comment was edited on Jan 7, 18:05.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

21. Re: great.... Jan 7, 2008, 17:53 bigspender

parents responsible ? LOL

get this - people in australia are not responsible enough to brush their own teeth, so the gov is putting fluride int he water supply :S

won't be long till people start sueing their own parents.

CRITICAL PATCH released within 2 weeks = RETURN TO STORE
IN GAME ADVERTISING = GO ***** YOURSELVES

20. No subject Jan 7, 2008, 17:47 Acleacius

Well at least these guys will be easy to spot by their nicknames, hopefully Blue will make short work of them in the future.

This is the game that was slammed on Gamespot starting the controversy, right?
One of the things that stood out for me were the comments about the low quality AI and the death & revive system, so I will be passing.

"Let's not focus on her. That'll be like entering a bad K-hole you'll never wake up from." Mr. Robot

19. Re: No subject Jan 7, 2008, 17:08 Overon

Violent or not, the game sucks so by not buying it, you will be doing yourself a favor.

18. Re: No subject Jan 7, 2008, 16:31 Jerykk

So mindless, you play 5 minutes worth and you've just played everything this game has to offer.

I'm curious... have you actually played the whole game or just the first 5 minutes?

17. Re: No subject Jan 7, 2008, 16:28 Eldaron Imotholin

Whoops scuzi. You make sense and made sense

Autopilot set me on defense mode when I read what ye wrote =)

Cheers

16. Re: No subject Jan 7, 2008, 16:25 Retired

Like Max Payne and Stranglehold you say?
Can't be THAT bad.

You got to be fucking kidding me on the Max Payne mark. That game is beyond great. Unflawed. Perfect. Talking about 1 Šnd 2.

Sorry - some things don't carry on the 'nets.
I was saying, if someone is comparing it to Max Payne (awesome) and Stranglehold (haven't played yet, but want it), then IF comparing to those 2 - how can it be said that K&L sucks? You know, if A=B and B=C, then A=C right?

heh. Anway, I will get it when it goes on sale at gogamer for an acceptable price.

Supporter of the Cell Phone Jamming movement.

15. Re: No subject Jan 7, 2008, 16:01 Eldaron Imotholin

Like Max Payne and Stranglehold you say?
Can't be THAT bad.

You got to be fucking kidding me on the Max Payne mark. That game is beyond great. Unflawed. Perfect. Talking about 1 Šnd 2.

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo