Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry 2 Q&A

Technical Q&A on Far Cry 2 on PC Games Hardware Extreme chats with Dominic Guay about plans for Far Cry 2, and how they are using in-house technology to impart a cutting edge feel so the sequel will not be a far cry from Far Cry, in spite of the non-involvement of original developers Crytek.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: No subject Jan 5, 2008, 11:43  famished 

My eyes glaze over on previews much like what happens when I try and read the 'Console' section. Does that happen to anyone else or is it just me?

No happens to me too. Kinda pointless since they have to remain neutral about the game. That said, too many previews have some sort of positive angle to them.

At least reviews that come out a month after a games release can somewhat be trusted. Well not always, but more than a preview anyway since they are talking about the features that came out with the game, not promised features.

Edit: Terrible Q&A by the way. The moron created his question list thinking they're using the Cryengine code At least do some research before asking your questions.

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 11:46.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: No subject Jan 5, 2008, 02:55 CreamyBlood

Interesting.

I'm interested in FUncoms Conan. I hope they keep it mature and don't fuck it up. Conan is a killer. I hope he stays that way.

13. Re: No subject Jan 5, 2008, 02:50 Jerykk

Probably just you. The only reason I read gaming sites is for the previews, as reviews are worthless.

12. Re: No subject Jan 5, 2008, 02:27 CreamyBlood

My eyes glaze over on previews much like what happens when I try and read the 'Console' section. Does that happen to anyone else or is it just me?

11. No subject Jan 4, 2008, 23:50 D4rkKnight

I enjoyed Crysis but seriously, where is that patch? Multiplayer has so many serious issues that are not even being addressed.

If Far Cry 2 is a good game all they have to do to beat Crysis for me is not dissapear after the games released. Crytek, you guys suck at supporting your game.

10. Re: No subject Jan 4, 2008, 20:37 Jerykk

What was the final count back in the day of fans wanting an official Coop instead of the Shader 3, something like 85%?

To be fair, implementing meaningful Coop into a game that was designed for single-player is a far more substantial task than implementing Shader 3 support. Sure, there are coop mods out there for games that were designed for single-player but it's really obvious that the games simply weren't designed for coop.

9. Re: No subject Jan 4, 2008, 18:26 sc4r4b

After watching a Far Cry 2 demo on gametrailers I'll admit it looks like it will be better/more fun than Crysis game-play wise.

8. Re: No subject Jan 4, 2008, 18:25 Acleacius

Heh, maybe HardwareX should do should make initial contact before sending questions. The interviewer keeps asking about Far Cry engine which they only use for the console version, instead of asking about their new Open World engine for FC2.

True while Far Cry did a lot of things right, Crytek screwed up just as many things.
Things like pretending to have an Open Play but forcing you to walk where they want you to walk to get a Save and No Quick Save except on Developer Cheats for the Dev team.

Again advertised Open Play, but reality Force Game play, last quarter of the game.

Abandoned Patching to work on Shader 3, same thing with Crysis instead of getting the game, engine and gameplay solid they spend their time trying to force in Dx10 so they can be m$ & ea vista buttboys.

Crytek is a perfect match for ea, shitty patches, support, maintaining online servers, raping fans.

What was the final count back in the day of fans wanting an official Coop instead of the Shader 3, something like 85%?

Screw them, I hope Ubi does a better job, what a great slap in the face to Crytek. Ubi while not perfect are certainly a step above ea.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

7. Re: No subject Jan 4, 2008, 14:40 Jerykk

From what I've read, Far Cry 2 already appears to be better than Crysis. It's more open-ended, has much better AI and even some RPG aspects. Of course, this is all from previews and interviews. We'll see if the final product actually delivers.

6. Re: No subject Jan 4, 2008, 13:40 Flo

They don't have to fear Crysis if they actually manage to get a decent story and a decent ending.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

5. No subject Jan 4, 2008, 13:21 nightfend

I don't envy the developers as they have a lot to live up to. Everyone in the media will be comparing Crysis with this game. I'm not saying it won't hold up to the comparisons, but they definitely have their work cut out for them.

4. No subject Jan 4, 2008, 12:03 Cabezone

As long as it's like the PC version and not those shite console ports....I'll be happy.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

3. No subject Jan 4, 2008, 12:03 Cabezone

Doh!...double post.
This comment was edited on Jan 4, 12:04.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

2. Re: No subject Jan 4, 2008, 11:35 Wade

Getting rid of the Trigens would go a LONG way to improving the game (which they have in the sequel).

1. No subject Jan 4, 2008, 11:02 xXBatmanXx

I am really re-enjoying the original (which I never finished, I found my save games on an old backup, and I was about 70% done at the time) - so I am not sure how they could IMPROVE on the original....

I would be happy if they just dumped a new story and location into the original game....

Supporter of the Cell Phone Jamming movement.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo