Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Universal Combat Freeware

Universal Combat is now available as a freeware release, as promised a couple of weeks ago (story). Word from 3000AD is: "Once again, our freeware game is released with no advertising, no nag screens, no expiration date, nothing. Just the full (and patched) single player game as was commercially released in Feb 2004, but with fewer music tracks (the game FAQ shows how players can add their own MP3 tracks) and no multiplayer." The download is available on Atomic Gamer, AusGamers, ComputerGames.ro, FanGaming, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and Strategy Informer.

View
163 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

103. Re: No subject Jan 2, 2008, 19:51 PHJF

and in greater numbers!  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

102. No subject Jan 2, 2008, 19:39 Hump

he'll be back....

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

101. Re: No subject Jan 2, 2008, 19:30  famished 

Advice giving grammar/internet police well worn tactics = I win you lose. Sorry for hurting you sensitive feelings back there somewhere Nancy.

The point wasn't making fun of your terrible grammar. It was making fun of the fact that you pointed out it was in English yet you failed at doing that with correct English. Quite funny in my terms, but you shouldn't take it personally since my grammar sucks for the most part too.

Urgh. Where did the fun go? Making Fun 101...
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=taking+the+piss

100. Re: No subject Jan 2, 2008, 19:18  dsmart 

if you make $1.2m a year, how come you use cheap metal frames as bookshelves? i recognize those from home depot. the pictures you posted show someone on a small budget. don't insult someone and then show something that totally destroys your argument.

Apart from the fact that you're jealous, hilarious - and generally stupid - all judging purely by your posting history....

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=userinfo&user=16699&boardid=1

....if you actually had half a brain, you'd have noticed in the thread where I clearly posted that this was - gasp - a storage room.

And with close to 10,000+ gaming titles and books in my library, the majority of which are in storage, where the fuck do you think they'd fit if not on the thinest possible shelving? And if you knew anything about shelving, then you'd know that installing those shelves - and with inline brackets - is far more expensive than throwing up bulky and space taking book cases.

Jackass.

...here is one of your hilarious postings.

i just find it funny how del toro thinks the movie will be better than other sci-fi based games. especially now that halo 3 is pretty much passed over by gamers. it would have done better had they released the movie before the game came out to ride the wave of hype generated by fans. but now that wave is gone. so much for a halo movie. nobody would care if and when it comes out.

...Halo3 passed over my gamers. LMAO!!!! Yeah, to the tune of $170m DAY ONE sales. For a game that cost around $20m to make.

Oh look, 100 posts. Thats it, I'm done. Carry on kids, keep the dream alive.

Until next time, I'm out.

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 19:28.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them

99. Re: No subject Jan 2, 2008, 19:14  dsmart 

that movie sucked

LMAO!! Yep, it sure did

Ahh, so they tricked you by putting a bunch of zeros in front of the number eh?

ROTFLMAO!!!! Good one that; I almost spewed my tea.

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 19:15.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead

98. Re: No subject Jan 2, 2008, 19:14 Enahs

Thats funny. Especially considering how many zeroes the deal had.

Ahh, so they tricked you by putting a bunch of zeros in front of the number eh?

hah hah, I am just f'in with you. I could not resist. It is funny to me (my joke, not your paycheck).

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 19:15.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

97. Re: Derek Smart Jan 2, 2008, 19:14 zirik

Oh, lest I forget, I earn in excess of $1.2m a year, doing, well, nothing other than what I love doing. With your masters - assuming you ever complete it - you will never, ever, earn what I made in the last five years, in your entire lifespan on Earth.

...and I don't live in a trailer park, in my parents basement or with some whinny old coot. So yeah, go ahead, attack me.

http://forums.avault.com/showpost.php?p=317123&postcount=22

if you make $1.2m a year, how come you use cheap metal frames as bookshelves? i recognize those from home depot. the pictures you posted show someone on a small budget. don't insult someone and then show something that totally destroys your argument.

96. Re: No subject Jan 2, 2008, 19:08 PHJF

Only those here old enough to have seen the Richard Pryor/Gene Wilder movie will even get this joke.

that movie sucked

Steam + PSN: PHJF

95. No subject Jan 2, 2008, 19:06 Bone43

Hee Hee when I posted on the first page I new this would turn into a flame war LMAO!!!!!

Now if Bill and Camaro would just show up it would be complete.

94. Re: No subject Jan 2, 2008, 19:03 Grobschnitt

Yeah, but so was the first sentence in your post and somehow it doesn't resemble English. Oh the irony! I have a feeling I might be talking to someone without a sense of humor here Just sit back and enjoy the spectacle that is a Derek Smart news headline

Advice giving grammar/internet police well worn tactics = I win you lose. Sorry for hurting you sensitive feelings back there somewhere Nancy.

93. Re: Derek Smart Jan 2, 2008, 19:03 zirik

I have no less than three degrees - including a distance learning (something which even MIT, Princeton and everyone else is now offering) Ph.D.

this is classic derek smart propaganda. he still insists on having a doctorate degree. tell us oh smart one, which acredited institution allowed you to work on that doctorate degree. oh thats right... none.

92. Re: Well Jan 2, 2008, 18:57 Grobschnitt

I take it Derek is black and your Klan leader forced you to type that piece of hatred?

Well you got one fact correct in that statement. It was also taken well out of context and not aimed at DS. But you know that..

Meh whatever you got me, yes My Klan leader told me to do it. Such hatred I have. Pure hate lol. I'm full of it.

91. Re: Well Jan 2, 2008, 18:56  dsmart 

I take it Derek is black

Wot!?!? Me? Black? wtf do you mean I'm Black?!?! Do I look Black to you? http://www.dereksmart.org

NOTE: Only those here old enough to have seen the Richard Pryor/Gene Wilder movie will even get this joke. My guess is, everyone else will just flame me anyway.

90. Re: No subject Jan 2, 2008, 18:52 zirik

Oh thats rich. Saying that I don't care for - and don't develop games - the mass market is insulting them?

Anger management? Me? I'm as tame as a mule on acid. Just because I'm a damn good debater who has a flair with words, doesn't convey anger. You're probably thinking of yourself.

not angry? the tone of your words betray your thoughts. using big words does not automatically make you intelligent or a good debater. it just shows you are hiding behind a lie. much like your fake doctorate degree.

89. Re: No subject Jan 2, 2008, 18:51  famished 

Need someone you read it to you? Ever read a book?

"Need someone you read it to you?" Wha...?

It's called text and is in english.

Yeah, but so was the first sentence in your post and somehow it doesn't resemble English. Oh the irony!

I have a feeling I might be talking to someone without a sense of humor here Just sit back and enjoy the spectacle that is a Derek Smart news headline.

88. No subject Jan 2, 2008, 18:48 Hump

Usenet.....half these young-uns don't even know what usenet is, never mind how to get there.

Please go listen to some Hip Hop on your way to you job at MacDonalds and get back in your element

One more thing I give the guy credit for, he's never played the race angle to get his points across, you probably shouldn't either. It's bad form and just sounds really fucking dumb.

OK, my DS defense meter is on "EMPTY" for 2008, see ya next year.

I am a Blues Nazi.
This comment was edited on Jan 2, 18:52.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

87. Re: Well Jan 2, 2008, 18:39 Donkey_Punch

Please go listen to some Hip Hop on your way to you job at MacDonalds and get back in your element

I take it Derek is black and your Klan leader forced you to type that piece of hatred?

86. Re: Derek Smart Jan 2, 2008, 18:34 Grobschnitt

DS, I gave you some deserved praise for releasing a game freeware but now you are egoing again and making some very inflammatory comments attacking people personally and going into a personal flame fest It's like you just devolved right in front of my eyes.

How dare he! Oh My God the nerve has he! He must be stopped! He must be told about the path of righteousness! We the good people of the Internet and all things proper right and perfect will show him the way to kiss ass properly!

He Devolved, LOL

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 18:36.

85. Re: Derek Smart Jan 2, 2008, 18:33 Overon

I have been flamed before by people on the internet but it's rather silly when someone attacks you personally saying they know some details about you that they could not possibly know.
And why feed into that by attacking them back with details about them that you could not possibly know?

84. Re: Derek Smart Jan 2, 2008, 18:28  dsmart 

DS, I gave you some deserved praise for releasing a game freeware but now you are egoing again and making some very inflammatory comments attacking people personally and going into a personal flame fest.

Fine, but seriously, unless you're on the receiving end of what these twits are dishing out, you wouldn't be able to appreciate what it feels like.

Anyway, you're right. I'll just stop now and go take my meds.

163 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo