Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. No subject Dec 25, 2007, 17:20 ventry

"The Team Fortress 2 griefing videos were hilarious."

Sorry but, I find nothing funny about greiefers at all. EVER!
I would LOVE to see Valve ban they're Steam accounts permanently.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: No subject Dec 25, 2007, 12:17 banddirector

Sounds like it's just a viral thing and not strep throat.

Sorry to hear about that, 'Hawk. My wife has had a viral issue with her throat for about 2 weeks now. Docs can't do anything. Said if it was bacterialogical they could kill it with antibiotics, but since it's viral ...

-----------------------------------
Don't be a stoop, spread your goop

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

16. Re: No subject Dec 25, 2007, 11:17 Bucky

Just google Memtest 86. It's a quick download, but the tests take awhile. So you might need to have it run for a few hours to be sure. Best bet is to set it up to run a full test repeated for like 3 times, just before you go to bed.

Yeah, almost every Linux distro CD I have has Memtest 86 on it. The original 2 sticks would produce the occasional error, but nothing that failed and they've never given me a problem in almost 2 years. Everything working fine now, and once my 8800GT gets here I'll install Vista 64 and put the memory to full use.

---
Xfire/Steam: GreySpire (alias Bucky)
http://www.ubuntu.com

15. test Dec 25, 2007, 11:15 Jeraxle

testing out an ipod touch

Adding signatures to message boards since October 7th, 2012.

14. Re: No subject Dec 25, 2007, 08:29 Warhawk

So my wife is heading off to the emergency room for what she thinks is a case of strep throat. I get to hold down the fort with a 4.5-year-old wanting to open gifts until she gets home. It's 5:30 am now, hopefully he sleeps in to at least 7 or so....

Edit - aaaaand, he's up at 6. Sounds like it's just a viral thing and not strep throat.

Now these points of data make a beautiful line
And were out of beta, were releasing on time
So Im GLaD I got burned, think of all the things we learned
For the people who are still alive

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 10:15.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

13. Re: No subject Dec 25, 2007, 02:28 kanniballl

In other news, apparently Vista can't handle it when you add RAM.

Weird.

I suggest running MemTest on your system, perhaps 2 or 3 passes. I've purchased bad RAM in the past and it caused a whole lot of weirdness: lost or corrupt files, killed Windows installation, etc.

Just google Memtest 86. It's a quick download, but the tests take awhile. So you might need to have it run for a few hours to be sure. Best bet is to set it up to run a full test repeated for like 3 times, just before you go to bed.

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 02:31.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

12. No subject Dec 25, 2007, 00:53 Dan =0)

From yesterday (well, two days ago, really):

You realize that Helmann's and Best Foods are the same. right?

You learn something new every day, WH...

Vesele Vanoce, everyone!

My mother, sister, brother-in-law, nieces and I already had Christmas on the 24th... will be going to brother-in-law's family's house for their Christmas (on the 25th) in... oh 12 hours. This does not mean I'm necessarily getting presents both days. I actually know I'm not getting (or giving) anything between myself and that extended family... more on that in another post in, um, 20 hours or so.

Dan =0)

Shameless self-plug(s): http://drdk.bandcamp.com
http://www.myspace.com/dankupkamusic
http://drdkmusic.net76.net

11. Re: No subject Dec 25, 2007, 00:53 Jerykk

The best thing admins can do of large popular servers is add every player in that video that is griefing to a perm-ban list.

I'm really amazed that TF2 doesn't have a simple voting system where players can vote to kick people. This way, griefers can be kicked in a prompt manner when they trap everyone in the spawn area.

10. Re: No subject Dec 24, 2007, 22:40 Bucky

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays all.

In other news, apparently Vista can't handle it when you add RAM. Loading screen, reboot. Loading screen, reboot. Rinse and Repeat. Linux meanwhile had no problem at all, and is currently reporting 3.2GB with a 32 bit system. Time to pull out the 64 bit CDs for Linux and Vista now...

Of course, my Linux system is only using 192MB right now, but I haven't installed Compiz Fusion yet.

Edit: Oh, there we go. It would seem it needed more files from the install disc.
---
Xfire/Steam: GreySpire (alias Bucky)
http://www.ubuntu.com
This comment was edited on Dec 24, 23:08.

9. No subject Dec 24, 2007, 22:27 JohnBirshire

The Team Fortress 2 griefing videos were hilarious.

8. Online shopping Dec 24, 2007, 22:00 complicity

I just wanted to tell everyone that Future Shop sucks it. They have an online boxing day/week sale that started at 8pm tonight, and from the looks of forums, nobody got through the checkout, and the site is now offline while they "fix it". A time that they said they'd be back online has come and gone and no further updates are forthcoming. We have a 10th the population of the USA and they can't handle the load from the 20%? who are trying to all shop at once. Pure idiocy. I'm not sure what's more stupid, though, the FS website not working, or me waiting around here for 2 hours on Christmas Eve for it to come back when it may not be back at all.

But Merry Christmas, everybody. Here's to the best in 2008 for all of us.

A message of hope to those who choose to hear it,
and a warning to those who do not.

7. Re: Happy ho-ho everybody! Dec 24, 2007, 16:20 Warhawk

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday! May Santa be kind to you all!

Ditto that!

Merry Christmas, all! I will be away from the house for the next couple days. Everyone be safe and don't run me over.

Now these points of data make a beautiful line
And were out of beta, were releasing on time
So Im GLaD I got burned, think of all the things we learned
For the people who are still alive

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

6. re: griefing Dec 24, 2007, 16:02 ledhead1969

People that do that should get stomach cancer.

Merry Christmas.

5. Re: No subject Dec 24, 2007, 14:23 manic half

it's actually christmas here in the future (Aus). i won't tell you what you all got :p

4. No subject Dec 24, 2007, 13:35 xXBatmanXx

The best thing admins can do of large popular servers is add every player in that video that is griefing to a perm-ban list.

Thank gawd where I play admins are always on (plus I have admin powers) to kick and ban tards like this.

Supporter of the Cell Phone Jamming movement.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

3. Re: Happy ho-ho everybody! Dec 24, 2007, 13:27 nin

I'd like to echo that. Been a crazy year...

And thanks for that link, Cutter! I found it very interesting!

------------------------------------------------
http://niggytardust.com/saulwilliams/menu

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. No subject Dec 24, 2007, 13:09 Sepharo

The editing on these TF2 griefing videos is amazing.

1. Happy ho-ho everybody! Dec 24, 2007, 13:09 Cutter

Thought the Bing and Bowie story was interesting how that came about. Amazing they pulled the whole thing off in a few hours!

"Grab a napkin, homie. You just got served."
- Wolowitz

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo