Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New ATI Drivers

The AMD Website now offers new version 7.12 Catalyst reference drivers for ATI accelerators running under Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Linux. Here's the highlight of the Windows release: "This release of Catalyst™ introduces an enhanced version of ATI Overdrive for the ATI Radeon HD 2900 Series. Users can now Overclock both GPU engine and graphics memory clock speeds in Crossfire mode (and over-clock single ATI Radeon graphics accelerators as well). This version of ATI Overdrive also includes a new stress test application to verify any over-clocking speeds users may have configured (either manually or through the auto-tuning tool) on their ATI Radeon HD 2900 Series of graphics accelerators."

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Gutless Dec 21, 2007, 15:18 Eldaron Imotholin

I couldn't even install 7.11 for some misterious reason. More people had the same error.

I don't know if I have the freckin' guts to try this one out. I wasted an hour of my life that I'll never get back by uninstalling my 7.10 to then reinstall them again.

ffs,
Vince

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Nice work! Dec 21, 2007, 10:58 Mr Gar

7.11 caused all sorts of horrible crashed with Source games COD4 and UT3 on my X1800XT even after using the ATI driver remover tool. These better not be as poop.

EDIT: COD4 runs great now. November must have just been an off month.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 11:49.

5. Re: Nice work! Dec 21, 2007, 10:31 SquirrelZero

I picked up a 3870 a couple weeks ago and it's excellent. By far ATI's best offering since the 9800 Pro. Solid, quiet, fast, and cheap. And runs fine in my HTPC with only a 450w power supply. Unfortunately, ATI is still playing catchup since the 8800 series has been available for a long time already, and the 3870 is essentially its equal. But at least the price is right.

4. Re: Nice work! Dec 21, 2007, 09:35 HellSlayer

Ya,having issues with my 2600xt agp, had a 9800 pro and loved it! They dont make cards that good anymore, guess its a bad business model:/

Jesus is Lord! If Jesus has no power,why get upset?

o0

3. Re: Nice work! Dec 21, 2007, 05:02 Jonny5

Well good choice, Nvidia dominates this gen. Maybe next year ATI

Man I loved my 9700PRO

2. Re: Nice work! Dec 21, 2007, 04:21 FreonTrip

Where do you see that?

1. Nice work! Dec 21, 2007, 03:25 HellSlayer

Give up on agp support? I just gave up on you! Upgrading my system and im going Nvidia! Take that you ummm maggots!?:0

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 03:26.

o0

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo