Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DNF Multiplatform?

Our inquiries earlier about whether Duke Nukem Forever might be making its way onto consoles as well as PCs met with telling silence, but apparently no one told 3D Realms president Scott Miller that this is being kept mum for now, as MCV quotes Scott confirming they are hoping to expand beyond the PC, saying: "We plan to have a multi-platform release if possible."

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

38. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2007, 14:01 xXBatmanXx

Well, yeah. When they haven't written any code yet, anything is possible.

I have been giggling inside since last night when you posted this.....just had to share.

Supporter of the Cell Phone Jamming movement.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Old ref Dec 20, 2007, 13:59 xXBatmanXx

Nothing but polish since mid-2006, eh? This is gonna be the most polished game in game-history!

Maybe that is why everyone is saying the models look plastic and "shiny". hehehehehhe

Supporter of the Cell Phone Jamming movement.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

36. Re: Old ref Dec 20, 2007, 11:35 MMORPGHoD

Yeah, it certainly isn't funny from a gamer's point of view anymore. All the jokes have been rehashed 1000 times over. It's annoying to scroll by these DNF news blurbs on Blues all these years, especially now with all these actually released games that are more deserving of attention.

From a development/business point of view it's still kind of interesting to play the speculation game. They don't seem to be able to finish the race when it comes to competing with the other horses. I think they can make a game, but not before everyone else has packed up and left to the next generation in graphics and other features that go along with it.

It's almost Daikatana like, except there is someone over there that stops them before they end up releasing something that's so X years ago and not up to the standards of a true Duke sequel.

35. It's no longer even funny... Dec 20, 2007, 11:00 That Guy

DNF is such a tired story or non-story. Who knows why these people continue to perpetuate this fiction. Do GB or Miller think anyone other than their fanboys care? The game (and 3DR) passed into the land of the irrelevant so many years ago. Give it up GB. No. One. Cares.

34. Old ref Dec 20, 2007, 10:42 peteham

"Physics and animation systems are virtually finished and shippable. It's simply maintenance and polish from here on out. We haven't needed to make substantial changes to those systems in months. The changes we have made, were made without great effort. Things are never as bleak as they appear, as is often the case when you simply have one side of the story."

Nothing but polish since mid-2006, eh? This is gonna be the most polished game in game-history!

Reference: http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?id=12779001

Edit: Hawhaw, found another funny one. It speaks of the PC Gamer stuff:

http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?id=9930969

"PC Gamer is saying it will likely be done by 2006, just in time for Duke Nukem 3D's 10th anniversary."

Good guess, PC Gamer. No biscuit.
This comment was edited on Dec 20, 10:58.

33. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2007, 10:42 MMORPGHoD

Or if it gets released, it might make us just bitch.

32. No subject Dec 20, 2007, 09:19 Killer Kane

When Duke is finally released, HE will make "you all his bitch"

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying

31. Nothing to see here... Dec 20, 2007, 08:56 That Guy

I get the impression that Mr. Miller is somewhat disconnected from what (if anything) is really happening with DNF.

30. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2007, 08:26 vacs

Wow, the community of Bluesnews are the first who aren't OMG'ing the postboard with over-the-top excitement although they should be spitting on a company that should've finished the Duke Nukem Forever we saw YEARS ago. That trailer was simply - for that time - amazing. Simply amazing.

agreed and I still think that 3dr did a big mistake by not releasing what they had developped by 2002. It looked awesome and everyone wanted to play it.

They could have made some good money, people would now not think of 3dr as a joke and they could still release another sequel five years later, as they will do now.

and best of all, no one could criticize 3dr for milking the franchise that way because releasing every 5 years a new game is really not milking anything.

29. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2007, 08:19 vacs

The whole thing of Duke Nukem Forever is a big joke.

No way! Is that true? How did you come that fast to a conclusion? Do you have any inside info?

You have to tell me because somehow, I'm still eagerly awaiting this game.

28. Re: Nearly done! Dec 20, 2007, 07:51 Reactor

Magic 8 ball? Pfft. I believe in the tooth fairy.

27. Nearly done! Dec 20, 2007, 07:14 peteham

Georgie porgie puddin'-pie has pretty much been hinting at the game being "nearly done" for at least 7 of the 10+ years it's been in development. Hell, wasn't it, what, about a year ago that a major gaming mag ran a big preview of it, claiming they'd actually played it and it looked nearly done!!11one That hardly sounds consistent with the release date STILL being TBA to me...

Add that to the occasional "we only have minor tweaks left but most of the content is pretty much complete"-remarks from Broussard over the years, and it shouldn't be that hard to understand why most people take whatever marketing-drivel he spouts with the same amount of salt as something coming from his twin brother, Comical Ali himself..

Believing that this game will ever come out, and be good, is like believing in the tooth-fairy.. Could be true, but magic 8 ball says outlook not so good.

It's a shame, really. Like someone further down mentioned, the old demo/screens really were amazing for their time.

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 07:22.

26. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2007, 05:37 vermin

well, Broussard's been kind of hinting at least a 360 port aswell.

25. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2007, 05:11 ibm

"We plan to have a multi-platform release if possible."

That's just crazy talk, he probably thinks they're asking about the teaser trailer.

24. No subject Dec 20, 2007, 04:45 StrickNine

wow, so much fucking hate. No one will commend them on the fact that they have not release a piece of shit game before it's even done (like Hellgate)?

They probably could have released this quite a while ago. I think they feel some obligation to themselves, Duke3D, and maybe us, the fans/gamers, to release a proper sequel to one of the most badass fps's of all time.

Kudos to you, 3d realms, and I hope all your hard work pays off.

23. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2007, 03:43 sponge

Yea, how dare they not finish a game that I have no personal investment in! Those communist bastards!

22. No subject Dec 20, 2007, 03:17 Cartman

George Broussard will never release a game of note again.

His fat ass would rather spend all day posting on shugashack and playing Pac-man on the breakroom machine.

http://forum.ramanon.com

21. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2007, 02:57 Eldaron Imotholin

Did anyone else read this as:
DNF Manipulation?

Lol, in fact.. I indeed did!

Wow, the community of Bluesnews are the first who aren't OMG'ing the postboard with over-the-top excitement although they should be spitting on a company that should've finished the Duke Nukem Forever we saw YEARS ago. That trailer was simply - for that time - amazing. Simply amazing.

What do I see now, in this teaser? A game with an enhanced Deus Ex 2 / Thief 3 engine. That's what I see.

Oh well, it was a good media stunt of them.. making us all forget about DNF to then reappear. At least the mere title and box-cover will be enough to sell.

...or maybe the game is really good, but I doubt it.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

20. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2007, 01:37 Dmitri_M

19. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2007, 01:37 Dmitri_M

oops, double post

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 01:38.

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo