Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

DNF Teaser Video Tomorrow

The 3D Realms Website has word to expect the release of a teaser video for Duke Nukem Forever tomorrow, offering a screenshot from the trailer in the meantime as proof. Word is:

Last Saturday we had our annual company Christmas party. It was a lot of fun as usual but it featured one special surprise. It turns out that several people had been secretly working late nights and into the wee hours of the morning preparing a special video for those at the party. They created a short teaser for Duke Nukem Forever.

After seeing the teaser we thought it was something we should share with all of you and while it's just a teaser, rest assured more is coming.

Tomorrow, Wednesday the 19th, around noon CST, we will release the first teaser trailer from Duke Nukem Forever. To tide you over until then, there has been a screen shot taken from the teaser and posted in our forums. Check it out here.

Thank you for being fans of the game and for your continued patience.

We'd like to thank the people on the team that worked so hard to create this teaser and the friends of 3DR that helped create it (Jeremy Soule and Julian Soule, Frank Bry, Jason Evigan and of course, Jon St. John).

View
92 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

92. Re: xbb Jun 14, 2008, 07:31 the

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 9, 2009, 09:01.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

91. xbb May 31, 2008, 02:00 cxb

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 31, 17:00.

90. Re: The End is Nigh! Dec 19, 2007, 13:50 xXBatmanXx

The only sequel for a 10 year old game that I'd be interested in is Action Quake 2.

QFT

I still crank it up sometimes....

Supporter of the Cell Phone Jamming movement.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

89. Re: No subject Dec 19, 2007, 12:15 Krovven

I feel sorry for the investors who have had their money pissed away on pizzas and Bawls so that the 3DR staff could play tiddly-winks for the past ten years.

What part of self funded do you not comprehend? It's 3DR's money to do with as they please.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in Team Fortress 2, Episode 2, Portal and CoH Opposing Fronts.

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

88. Re: huh? Dec 19, 2007, 12:13 Krovven

@Dagok: If you did it as many times as 3dr has, if it took you 10+ years to complete your hypothetical project, you damn right I would call you incompetent.

And what insight do you have into their development over the years gives you the right to make that sort of judgement? You have no fucking clue what they have done or not done, except the fact that they changed engines a few times.

You don't hear of people jumping the 3DR ship regularly, which to me means their employees still believe in what they are doing. ie: Daikatana had many people come and go during its development that was much shorter than DNF.

At least they are still working on it. Years ago they could have scrapped it altogether and gone back to making Duke platform games for consoles, or focused on milking the Max Payne franchise. But they haven't. It's cost you, me and everyone else here absolutely nothing. Now get off your pedestal and stop worrying about it and making judgements over something you know nothing about.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in Team Fortress 2, Episode 2, Portal and CoH Opposing Fronts.

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

87. Re: huh? Dec 19, 2007, 12:04 Gf11speed

@Mustang60348: What's with the bitterness? Are you mad that 3DRealms could not spin out gold in 3 nights, Rumpelstiltskin? Patience is a virtue.

I am happy to see a company like 3DRealms not follow a traditional developer/publisher relationship and wish them the best of luck in the future.

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 12:13.

86. Re: Too late to care anymore. Dec 19, 2007, 10:49 vacs

How suprised were you when Half Life 2 was announced out of no where.

You mean the kind of "surprised" one is when everybody knows that they are working on it but it hasn't officially been announced just yet?

85. ***MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT*** Dec 19, 2007, 10:08 noctroglyph

I have a major announcement to make: Last night, while at our company Christmas party, myself and several of my long-time friends were joking how my 10-year old honor student wasn't even born yet when "Duke Nukem Forever" was announced...

~n~

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 10:09.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

84. Re: The End is Nigh! Dec 19, 2007, 09:32 shinchan0s

Maaaaan. Duke Nukem 3D was the shit back in 7th grade. I thought games couldn't get any better when you could give pixelated strippers cash to "Shake it, baby"! That never got boring. I even thought Shadow Warrior (if I may use the popular parlance at the time) da bomb.

I might've been mildly interested in a sequel 5 years ago... but really... I couldn't care less today.

The only sequel for a 10 year old game that I'd be interested in is Action Quake 2.

83. Re: Too late to care anymore. Dec 19, 2007, 09:24 McSterls

Almost 12 years ago Duke Nukem 3D was a fun and different game compared what else was out there at the time.

Will we ever see this sequel? I don't know, but if 3DRealms had never announced they were working on it, no one would call it Vaporware. How many years did it take for Return to Castle Wolfenstein? How suprised were you when Half Life 2 was announced out of no where.

Duke Nukem deserves a sequel. Hopefully we'll see one.

82. The End is Nigh! Dec 19, 2007, 09:07 Jeraxle

12And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

DNF being released? The end is nigh!!

*Starts looking for a mountain to hide under*

Adding signatures to message boards since October 7th, 2012.

81. Re: Too late to care anymore. Dec 19, 2007, 08:37 Bob Waks

Yifes, I agree with all you said, including Bethesda's shit !

80. No subject Dec 19, 2007, 08:30 terrapin

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahakhd;lksahd9!!!!?!

Sorry, that's about all I can manage. Now where did I put that straightjacket?

79. Re: Too late to care anymore. Dec 19, 2007, 07:23 Yifes

It's the sequel to Duke Nukem 3D. One of the most celebrated games of all time. It deserves an incredible sequel and people are afraid that 3DR are going to produce a steaming pile of shit after teasing us for over ten years.

You have no idea how lucky you are. 3D realms could have easily gone bankrupt and sold it to people who whore the Duke liscence out for money with no respect for the franchise. Would you prefer a bunch of crappy console Duke games designed with the PC as an afterthought? I'd easily wait 10 years for a real Fallout sequel than suffer through the indignity of Bethesda's shit.

78. Re: Too late to care anymore. Dec 19, 2007, 07:01 Yifes

id Software have release/co-produced:
Quake II (1997)

To be fair, 3D Realms did co-produce the great Max Payne series, and Prey.

77. Re: Too late to care anymore. Dec 19, 2007, 06:23 Yakumo

Far more than that http://duke.a-13.net/

76. Too late to care anymore. Dec 19, 2007, 05:59 Dante_uk

Almost 12 years ago Duke Nukem 3D was a fun and different game compared what else was out there at the time.
12+ for a sequel ? That's not even funny, it's criminal.
Nasa have designed, built and deployed 2 Mars Rovers in less time.
id Software have release/co-produced:
Quake II (1997)
Quake III Arena (1999)
Expansion: Team Arena (2000)
Doom 3 (2004)
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (2005)
Quake 4 (2006)
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (2007)
+ a lots of details and a trailer for Rage

Not to mention John Carmack, in his spare time, also knocked up a couple of game engines for cell phones and helped launch a company to produce games with them AND with Armadillo Aerospace ALMOST won the X price ( twice! )

12 Years is a long time in gaming.

If DNF was entirly CG it wouldn't have taken so long !

What else has taken less time to make ? oh yes
the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and who would bet against this:
I bet if and when DNF is released, you could play and complete it in less time than it would take to watch the complete LotR extended editions and ultimately the majority of people will feel they enjoyed the movies more than DNF.

75. Re: No subject Dec 19, 2007, 05:45 X-Vector

[i feel sorry for the investors who have had their money pissed away on pizzas and Bawls so that the 3DR staff could play tiddly-winks for the past ten years.[/i]

I feel more sorry for the all the ex-3DR employees that have worked on the project for years on end before finally giving up and leaving for greener pastures elsewhere.
Must be frustrating to have put in all those hours without an end result to show for it (and be rewarded for).

We're on an express elevator to hell... going clown.

74. Re: No subject Dec 19, 2007, 05:40 ibm

if your not a fan of it, don't bother reading these updates? if you are, read and enjoy? is it really that impossibly complicated for some of you?
You've changed your tune manic half
you guys always give the 100% no bullshit view on whatever the subject is.

Anyway I don't see all the 'hate' in this thread, more bemusement and amusement at this revelationary bit of news, a fabled 'screenshot' of a preview vid of all things.

73. No subject Dec 19, 2007, 05:38 Ledge

"*checks his watch* Just like clockwork. Every 3 years they make this 1/2 fake video to give everyone the idea that they are really working on the game. Hehe, good Christmas laugh.

... wait, they aren't SERIOUS are they? Let this game DIE already. "

yep, agree.
ive seen teaser pics like 10 years ago. give it break.

92 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo