Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. No subject Dec 19, 2007, 12:36 xXBatmanXx

WHAT!!!??

Swiss, EBay Stop Sale of Iraqi Treasure.

The tablet, which dates from around 2000 B.C., was "with great probability" smuggled out of Iraq illegally, government officials said in a statement.

You have got to be FUCKING kidding me!

WHO GIVES A SHIT! Are they aware of WTF is going on there at this moment?

Supporter of the Cell Phone Jamming movement.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: The Hobbit Dec 19, 2007, 08:47 nin

As I've heard it, they aren't splitting The Hobbit at all. The first film will be The Hobbit. The second film will be a bridge between the end of The Hobbit and the beginning of The Lord Of The Rings. Tolkien left enough notes to cover this 80 year gap (much of which was published in Unfinished Tales).

That's what I've read, also...

------------------------------------------------
http://niggytardust.com/saulwilliams/menu

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. No subject Dec 19, 2007, 01:47 Cabezone

I really hope he doesn't direct. If he does he will take what should be a light fantasy romp and try to turn it into a ponderous epic. Hopefully he's learned his lesson with that overlong turn King Kong...there was a good 2 hour movie buried under all those bugs.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

3. Re: The Hobbit Dec 18, 2007, 22:54 Sadogoat

As I've heard it, they aren't splitting The Hobbit at all. The first film will be The Hobbit. The second film will be a bridge between the end of The Hobbit and the beginning of The Lord Of The Rings. Tolkien left enough notes to cover this 80 year gap (much of which was published in Unfinished Tales).

Gamegossip Administrator
http://www.gamegossip.com/forums

2. Re: The Hobbit Dec 18, 2007, 22:13 Brataccas

There really shouldn't be any problem splitting the book into two films, there's plenty of material. And I suspect Jackson will eventually be the director as well...he can't afford to risk anyone else potentially screwing up his series of films.

1. The Hobbit Dec 18, 2007, 21:18 Fion

I'm glad to see the incredible team of Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh are back working on Tolkien. But wait.. they are executive producing 'The Hobbit' and 'it's sequel'? There is no sequel to the Hobbit, unless they mean they are splitting the book into two films.

I'm also interested to see who they get to direct and if Peter not directing will result in the same kind of 'magic' as with the Lord of the Rings. But most of all, I'm interested to see how they take what is a FAR more 'basic' and less emotionally involving, children's book, and turn it into a movie on the level of the Lord of the Rings.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo