Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. No subject Dec 18, 2007, 13:28 xXBatmanXx

ROUS - yeah, "in this undated photoshopped photo"

I dunno - looks like a species of possum instead of rat - but who knows.....I will believe it after they do more research.

Supporter of the Cell Phone Jamming movement.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: No subject Dec 18, 2007, 13:27 xXBatmanXx

Hey Bats, I take it everything is still kosher with your win against the town/county/etc about redirecting the traffic through your town?

Yeah, long story short:
MNDot (Minnesota Department of Transportation) is getting their asses sued big time over various things - so they dont' have time to deal with us.
Therefore, we got the rights back to the land (we meaning my neighborhood as a legal entity) so we can further progress our prior plans of turning that 3 acres of land into a high rise for old folks (meaning less than 5 stories).
They pulled Indian Giver when the bridge collapsed and wanted to put a ramp directly into my hood.

So, we got the land back, with rights to develop on it ourselves and have some organizations wanting to use it the way we want them to.
They are going to revisit it next year, so hopefully we can get the ball rolling on development before it comes around to the table again.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

9. US corn boom has downside for Gulf Dec 18, 2007, 11:33 LittleMe

Hmm so federal government programs helped create the problem so the article advocates more, not less, federal action. Ironic.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

7. Re: No subject Dec 18, 2007, 08:50 kanniballl

Yeah, it has turned our neighborhood, life, commutes, and just about everything we do outside of our home upside down....

Hey Bats, I take it everything is still kosher with your win against the town/county/etc about redirecting the traffic through your town?

But yeh, that sucks. I always assumed big bridges like that were maintained constantly and carefully. After the collapse we found out otherwise as the News stations went over damage reports for other big bridges.

It's kind of a no-brainer. You'd think the Transit Authority for each state would take incredibly great care of the bridges to prevent something like this.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

6. Re: No subject Dec 18, 2007, 08:19 xXBatmanXx

I used to work and go to school 2 miles from there. Must have gone across that bridge 1000 times in my life time..Crazy

Yeah, it has turned our neighborhood, life, commutes, and just about everything we do outside of our home upside down....

5. Re: No subject Dec 18, 2007, 01:34 Jonny5

I saw that Bridge Collapse, Well the next day. I used to work and go to school 2 miles from there. Must have gone across that bridge 1000 times in my life time..Crazy

4. No subject Dec 17, 2007, 23:51 xXBatmanXx

R.O.U.S.

Classic.

3. Precision low level flying. Dec 17, 2007, 22:19 Jim

Pretty neat, but dragging your wheels on the surface of the water is just asking to put your T-6 in the drink.

And cur the music, I'd rather hear those Pratt & Whitney's purring.

Jim

2. Too Funny Dec 17, 2007, 22:11 Golem

I wanted to see this giant rat and cracked up when I was met with an ad for Hilary Clinton. I said to myself damn she's campaigning in the Indonesia jungle now to?

1. Rodents Of Unusual Size? Dec 17, 2007, 21:43 Raven

I don't think they exist.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo