Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Galactic Command: Echo Squad SE Announced

3000AD announces Galactic Command: Echo Squad Second Edition, a reworked version of a game that had been a GameTap exclusive that will see widespread release next month. The Galactic Command: Echo Squad Second Edition (A Tek Janson Adventure) Website highlights some of the differences in the SE, and here's word:

Following the end of the GameTap exclusive to the original title completed earlier this year, we have decided to release a Second Edition branded version of the game for wide public release in January 2008.

An update product info, version control file (showing the transition from the legacy v1 to the v2 SE version) and several screen shots have also been uploaded. For more info, please refer to the URL below.

http://www.3000ad.com/site/gces/

This decision allows us to bring our first non-niche space combat title to the gaming masses; sporting several of our new technologies, gameplay improvements and revisions over our earlier niche titles.

It also allows us to direct all our attention to the follow up title, Galactic Command - Talon Elite, our first console title of which the XB360 version is scheduled to be the first release during holiday 2008. The PC version is scheduled to follow thereafter.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: No subject Dec 18, 2007, 10:33  dsmart 

So... do you spend a lot of time fucking with dogs' heads?

LMAO!!!

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: No subject Dec 18, 2007, 07:26 Some Dude

So... do you spend a lot of time fucking with dogs' heads?

16. Re: No subject Dec 18, 2007, 06:29 Bubicus

Well, of course. Even the nicest, most cuddly dog will rip one's throat out after being whipped, kicked, raked across the coals, publicly humiliated, tarred, feathered, boiled, folded, spindled, mutilated, and anally examined with cold tweezers by the unwashed masses, who will then laugh at the bleeding, twitching, faintly pulsating mass of remaining flesh and make fun of its stupidity for getting itself into a completely avoidable situation. But after attacking its tormentors, it may revert back to happily licking a child's hand, before a second helping of attacks makes it hungry for human meat.

15. Re: No subject Dec 17, 2007, 18:27 Bone43

Its probably old age? Either that or I'm losing the rest of my mind?

Hmm I must say this is the most civil Ive ever seen a DS post kind of scary really, of course once the games out and the floggings start that WILL change.

14. No subject Dec 17, 2007, 18:17 Hump

Paxil......you're taking Paxil aren't you.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

13. Re: No subject Dec 17, 2007, 17:02  dsmart 

Interesting. We definitely need more space sim/shooter games that you don't have to treat as a second job to be successful. I don't have time to spend reading a huge manual. I'm sure there are some people out there that love that stuff, but seriously, I read enough manuals for work.

I want something fun and intuitive. If you can't teach me everything I need to know through in-game tutorials, then it's probably not going to be something that I want to play.
It doesn't mean I don't want deep gameplay. I just don't want to have to memorize a manual in order to be able to play a game.

Well then, go take a gander at the docs. I've uploaded and made them public. Demo should be up after the holidays once all testing is complete.

http://www.3000ad.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50013023

Derek you are sounding quite calm and reasonable these days.

It's... unsettling.

Its probably old age? Either that or I'm losing the rest of my mind?

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead

12. No subject Dec 17, 2007, 16:11 Optimaximal

Does this one crash as much as Battlecruiser 3000AD did?

11. Re: Whoa!!! First Dec 17, 2007, 15:47 Michael Bolton's hair dresser

developed new and advanced technlogies

Yeah like shitty bloom effect.

Dr. Michael Bolton's Hairdreser PhD, MD, LLP, DDS

10. Re: Whoa!!! First Dec 17, 2007, 15:45 Wowbagger_TIP

Its a major departure from my previous offerings and I can't wait to see the new creative forms of abuse that I'm going to be subjected to when its released. After all, some of you wanted me to create a dumbed down version of my games. Well, this is as close as I can possibly get without totally losing my mind. Seriously.

Interesting. We definitely need more space sim/shooter games that you don't have to treat as a second job to be successful. I don't have time to spend reading a huge manual. I'm sure there are some people out there that love that stuff, but seriously, I read enough manuals for work.

I want something fun and intuitive. If you can't teach me everything I need to know through in-game tutorials, then it's probably not going to be something that I want to play.
It doesn't mean I don't want deep gameplay. I just don't want to have to memorize a manual in order to be able to play a game.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

9. Re: Whoa!!! First Dec 17, 2007, 15:38 Overon

Derek you are sounding quite calm and reasonable these days.

It's... unsettling.

8. Re: Whoa!!! First Dec 17, 2007, 15:05 CJ_Parker

Someone forget to spray this forum down with Dork Off?

Nope. But someone obviously forgot to flush you down the toilet you fucking st00pid stinky turd!

7. Re: Whoa!!! First Dec 17, 2007, 14:17  dsmart 

Unfortunately, I have no comments about GameTap's plans.

We delivered the game, it was signed-off on, we got paid and that what the end of that.

This version is the non-GameTap version and made possible only by the ending of the GameTap exclusive period.

As I posted over here,

http://www.3000ad.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50012384

I didn't want to release the original version as-is because we had already developed new and advanced technlogies.

So, I could either sit on it and focus on Talon Elite or release is after doing about a month or so of additional work upgrading it. In fact, you can see that effort over here in the version control file which tracks from the last GameTap version to the current v2 SE.

http://www.3000ad.com/site/gces/

Its a major departure from my previous offerings and I can't wait to see the new creative forms of abuse that I'm going to be subjected to when its released. After all, some of you wanted me to create a dumbed down version of my games. Well, this is as close as I can possibly get without totally losing my mind. Seriously.

The game manual is like 37 pages. Plus you can use your XB360 controller.

6. Re: Whoa!!! First Dec 17, 2007, 14:09 JoeBlack

Summoning anyways!

derek smart.
Derek Smart!
DEREK SMART!

DEREK SMARTS DESKTOP COMMANDER!

5. Re: Whoa!!! First Dec 17, 2007, 13:47 Bet

Good stuff. I'm glad you still hang around here and without us having to summon you.

I don't know what to believe anymore. I...just...don't know.

When is the normal version hitting Gametap? The press release makes it sound like it's already done, but it's not on yet. I know people downloading Universal Combat on it because they want to see what Derek Smart is capable of in anticipation of the new game.

4. Re: Whoa!!! First Dec 17, 2007, 13:44  dsmart 

Actually the news release went out this morning early when Lisa got in.

I just happened to load up my browser (I use Firefox + Morning Coffee add-on) and there it was. So, I had to.

3. Re: Whoa!!! First Dec 17, 2007, 13:33 Overon

Wow if you are dsmart, did you submit this news article to bluesnews?

And you got first post?

Good stuff. I'm glad you still hang around here and without us having to summon you.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 13:34.

2. Re: Whoa!!! First Dec 17, 2007, 13:29 Tigger

har! har! har!

Someone forget to spray this forum down with Dork Off?

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President

1. Whoa!!! First Dec 17, 2007, 13:03  dsmart 

har! har! har!

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo