Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World in Conflict Patch

The World in Conflict Website now offers update 5, a new patch to bring Massive Entertainment's real-time strategy game to version 1.005. Word is: This fifth update fixes some bugs and balancing issues, but also introduces several brand-new features, including a feature that prevents team stacking. This feature, which is completely optional server-side, divides players equally between the two teams in the beginning of every match based on their experience and skill. For more details on this feature, please see this interview with lead game designer Magnus "Soundboy" Jansn [sic]. As always the update will be downloaded and installed automatically when you connect to Massgate, or you can go here and download it manually." Some or all of the manual downloads (which require the proper language edition) are mirrored ActionTrip, AtomicGamer, AusGamers, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, Games32, and The Patches Scrolls.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: No subject Dec 17, 2007, 21:17 loomy

> Did this patch help performance at all?

wic already performs super well. You can play that game with tweaked settings on a 486. Your question is marked invalid and discarded. NEXT QUESTION.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: i need to get this Dec 17, 2007, 19:26 i_hate_you_guys

This game and Massive both rule.

These guys are doing an incredible job of supporting this game, -far- better than COH was paid attention to.

The multiplayer could use a few more maps - wicbase.com was running some servers with new maps, but seem to have stopped, which sucks.

The changes they are making recently not only improve gameplay, but they are adding in great stuff for clans support, and this latest patch even includes a setting for people who are colorblind! That's pretty fucking cool.

When WIC comes out on the 360 in Feb., I'll be picking it up instantly, and pitching it to all my pals on 360s.

Anyway, props to Massive for a great game, and even better support.

6. No subject Dec 17, 2007, 19:07 D4rkKnight

No rank balancing was the biggest issue I had with the game, if I catch it at 39.99 I think I'll pick it up.

5. No subject Dec 17, 2007, 18:30 Bone43

Did this patch help performance at all?

4. i need to get this Dec 17, 2007, 16:50 Charlie_Six

Company of Heroes is a broken game, IMO, ever since Opposing Fronts came out. I really enjoyed WIC's demo though.  
Adventures of a video game mercenary
http://virtualmerc.blogspot.com

3. Re: MAGNUS Dec 17, 2007, 13:54 Bet

The anti-teamstacking option would probably make this game a lot more friendly to the average player. Wonder how many servers will enable it.

2. Re: MAGNUS Dec 17, 2007, 13:35 Overon

These guys are really supporting their baby big time.

They deserve props in this age of quick abandonware.

1. MAGNUS Dec 17, 2007, 12:20 loomy

wic isn't the best game ever, but it really is nearly perfect for what it is. And it is all thanks to the wicked developers over there. GO MAGNUS LOL!

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo