Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gothic 3 Community Patch

The Gothic 3 Forums offer a new community patch to update the RPG sequel to version 1.5.2. The update adds compatibility with Gothic bundles and removes the game's copy protection; full details are in the change log. The download is mirrored on ComputerGames.ro, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and PixelRage.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: No subject Dec 16, 2007, 07:46 Jerykk

Yeah, even with these community patches, Gothic 3's fundamentally lousy combat, AI and general design choices can't be fixed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. No subject Dec 15, 2007, 09:04 dryden555

Play gothic 2 with the add-on if you havent already played it. That game was impressive and filled with dozens of hours of RPG-goodness. Gothic 3 was sad disaster on all fronts.

7. Re: Copy Protection Dec 15, 2007, 06:32 CreamyBlood

They actually have the balls to repackage it and sell it in some 'Universe' pack. Pathetic.

I was looking at their homepage and thought, "That Agatha Christie point and click might be cool".

Oh, it's Jowood. Not even worth downloading the free, full 'evaluation' version.

Basically, putting out G3 in the state it was, was a kick in the balls, a sucker punch, a 'fuck you'.

They put out one patch that did nothing for the technical problems. Now it's a year later and apparantly most of the gameplay bugs are down to a dull roar.

I just spent almost a week tweeking my copy of the game and it's playable. It's actually fun and I like it so far.

But from a standpoint of consumer beware, be aware. You need to be a techie and have a lot of patience even a year later to make it run acceptably. I'm finding it's worth it but I doubt most people will have the stomache for dealing with the technical mess.

Jowood should be shot for re-releasing this and trying to scam money. Fucking assholes.

6. Copy Protection Dec 15, 2007, 02:07 Bet

Weird that Jowood allowed the copy protection to be removed. They must consider it abandonware even to themselves, to allow that. Highly doubt that these guys would remove it unless they've been given the blessing of the people in control of Jowood's lawyers.

5. Re: No subject Dec 14, 2007, 22:36 Golem

too hardcore RPG for me. I got spoiled by Oblivion."

That's one of those things that is better left unsaid.

Another one would be... "I suffer from premature ejaculation".

4. No subject Dec 14, 2007, 18:01 Hump

too hardcore RPG for me. I got spoiled by Oblivion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

3. Re: No subject Dec 14, 2007, 15:29 Bone43

I played threw it with 1.5 and didnt have many problems other than a rare crash.
Many if not all of the main quest problems where fixed but there are still some issues with a few side quest. its to bad this is now abandonware thanks JoWood you suck donkey balls.

2. Re: No subject Dec 14, 2007, 15:27 Zyrxil

The combat is still terrible, but it's playable.

1. No subject Dec 14, 2007, 12:54 Gymper

Is this game playable now? I tried to get into this about 6 months after it was released and started to enjoy it until I ran into one game crashing event and bugged quest after another.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo