Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

NVIDIA Beta Drivers

NVIDIA is offering new "WHQL candidate" beta ForceWare reference drivers for their GeForce graphics cards (thanks Thinus), in spite of that beta status calling the new version 169.21 the "Recommended driver for the latest DirectX 9, and OpenGL applications." There are new drivers for Windows XP, Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows XP x64, Server 2003 x64, and Windows Vista 64-bit. What's changed can be found in the 60 pages of release notes.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: LOL Dec 12, 2007, 01:41 Overon

Sorry sponge. I didn't know you were being sarcastic. I thought you were a brainless fanboy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: LOL Dec 12, 2007, 01:19 zirik

iPlease, someone post that they didn't miss the sarcasm/joke in my comment.

Anyone?

*fart* oops. were you saying something?

13. problem Dec 11, 2007, 20:47 skyguy

I installed the drivers. I just am now finishing bioshock, and everything was going fine. Then I got to the Fontaine level, and there were horrible glitches with black spots flashing all over the screen accompanied by split second slowdowns. Since its the first time I made it to this level I don't know if the problem existed in previous drivers... its exists now though.

12. Vista release notes Dec 11, 2007, 19:14 BluesCast

The NVIDIA Beta Drivers news event lists "60 pages of release notes", that's for XP only. Here is the Vista release notes.
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/169.21/169.21_WinVista_Forceware_Release_Notes.pdf

10. Re: ... Dec 11, 2007, 18:16 MacD

Yeah, I detest that too. I found a little program called WinTidy which fixes that though, but you have to save/load, and it's not very gracefull about icons which have been added to your desktop after a save. Still, much better than nothing.

9. ... Dec 11, 2007, 17:39 theyarecomingforyou

I really wish everytime I install a new driver it wouldn't mess up all my desktop items. It seems to change to a lower resolution and then back again, moving any icons that were outside of the lower resolution. Other than that I'm happy with nVidia drivers, as I find them infinitely better than ATi's CCC.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

8. Re: LOL Dec 11, 2007, 17:29 banddirector

Is this the driver that will make Crysis run at 60 FPS?

-----------------------------------
Don't be a stoop, spread your goop

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

7. Re: LOL Dec 11, 2007, 17:06 Kiro

Same take I have on AMD and Intel. It would be why my last two systems were AMD/ATI and my new system is Intel/Nvidia. Brand loyality is fairly pointless in this market. No I got it. It was the so that did it for me Probably helps that I'm English too. We totally invented sarcasm. *Ahem*.

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 17:07.

<+pihlopase> Jesus Saves
<@jbroome> pases to moses, SCOOOOORE

6. Re: LOL Dec 11, 2007, 17:06 sponge

Please, someone post that they didn't miss the sarcasm/joke in my comment.

Anyone?

5. Re: LOL Dec 11, 2007, 16:58 Overon

Fuck name brands. I go for price/performance like any sane pc gamer.

I have had ati cards, I have had nvidia cards. I don't give a shit about name brand, I have no brand loyalty.

Neither should you.

4. LOL Dec 11, 2007, 16:40 Cheese

games?? to sway me away from nvidia? you fking idiot that wont work lol. nvidia is KING period no games no joke just fast hardware.

3. Re: No subject Dec 11, 2007, 15:24 verybad

I prefer release notes.

2. Re: No subject Dec 11, 2007, 15:23 sponge

ATI users get free games, and we only get a lot of release notes!

I'm so switching back.

1. No subject Dec 11, 2007, 15:22 LittleMe

Thanks nVIDIA. 60 pages of release notes? Wow.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo