Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

UT3 Beta Patch Change Log

BeyondUnreal has the change log for beta 4 of the first patch for Unreal Tournament 3. Only two changes are added since beta 3, indicating the first official update for Epic's multiplayer shooter sequel is near.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Missing From The Changelog Dec 10, 2007, 02:29 Kosumo

My bad, I completely over looked gears of wars, true what you say and it only takes away from what I said, which still for the most part remains true as well, I believe.

ahhh my cat!!!!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Missing From The Changelog Dec 9, 2007, 23:26 kyleb

I hope Epic gets their support together. It would be nice if some day the PC version of Gears of War supported surround sound.

23. Re: Missing From The Changelog Dec 9, 2007, 23:21 Overon

Thanks nin, But I think the real winner is those who enjoy this game and are receving reasonable after sale support, which is what I've always thought Epic was great at.
Yes epic is great with that. But gears of war pc is not enjoying that famous epic support. All you have to do is go into their forums and read long threads about the same consistent bugs and problems with the game. So far they have had one patch and it fixed a few of those but not all.

22. Re: No subject Dec 9, 2007, 22:11 Hump

I don't think it's mostly that. The FPS genre is heavily saturated right now. And add to that so many good games, that's why this game is not enjoying the number of players online.

yeah, good point, I had forgotten about that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

21. Re: Missing From The Changelog Dec 9, 2007, 20:48 Kosumo

Thanks nin, But I think the real winner is those who enjoy this game and are receving reasonable after sale support, which is what I've always thought Epic was great at.

I don't as yet own this game but feel that unreal games normal mature well and 6 months down the track can be a joy to jump into.

I can only hope that they run another one of their 'make something Unreal' contest.

20. Re: ... Dec 9, 2007, 20:40 kyleb

It helps sure, but large user base is far more atractive. Not much point in moding for a game most people seem to be passing over.

19. Re: ... Dec 9, 2007, 19:42 MuzixMon

As I said before this game might wake up when and if the mods start coming in. Since they gave the real development kit with the game it should attract modders, right???

When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

18. ... Dec 9, 2007, 19:01 theyarecomingforyou

Saving your single-player savegames online? Right...
More annoying was that it only keeps settings when you're online. My internet connection was off for two weeks while changing ISP and when I got UT3 I found it wouldn't save preferences, like left-handed weapons or lighting profile... the fact it didn't save the singleplayer campaign was even more tedious. I don't know what fucktard thought that was a good idea but I'd like to violently assault them. As an option saving data online would have been brilliant but being mandatory is ridiculous.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

17. Re: No subject Dec 9, 2007, 18:45 Overon

I don't think its a reflection on the quality of the game so much as that people have moved on.
I don't think it's mostly that. The FPS genre is heavily saturated right now. And add to that so many good games, that's why this game is not enjoying the number of players online.

16. Re: No subject Dec 9, 2007, 18:13 Optimaximal

I don't think its a reflection on the quality of the game so much as that people have moved on.
I think it's both. They shat on what made the originals fun games and added more idiotic features that just don't make sense...

Saving your single-player savegames online? Right...

15. No subject Dec 9, 2007, 18:07 Hump

its pretty depressing that theres not many people playing at this point online. 2k4 used to have huge lists of games/servers but now your lucky if you have 5-6 servers that have enough people to make a standard match.

I am a Blues Nazi.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

14. Re: Missing From The Changelog Dec 9, 2007, 17:37 nin

Attitude Changes
- When I find something not FUN, I move on
- Learn when I find something boring, others may differ

Kosumo wins!

------------------------------------------------
http://niggytardust.com/saulwilliams/menu

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: No subject Dec 9, 2007, 17:16 Scottish Martial Arts

It doesn't mean "bad software"

Literally it does. Perhaps malicious software, which means the exact same thing as bad/wicked/evil software (again, see the roots that make up the word), is more to your liking?

Given that Gamespy is not a virus, the context in which malware was being used suggests the literal meaning rather than the more common usage as a synonym for a virus, worm, spyware, trojan, etc.

12. Re: No subject Dec 9, 2007, 16:53 Morgan19

Malware, not mailware. The prefix mal- from the Latin malus, mala, malum; a 1st/2nd declension adjective meaning bad, evil wicked. Hence malware is bad software. In Gamespy's case, it's bad presumably because it's slow, requires registration, and supports the evil empire, i.e. IGN/Gamespy.

Try again. Malware means the program is designed to specifically harm, injure, disrupt or otherwise screw up your system. It doesn't mean "bad software"...

m19

11. Re: No subject Dec 9, 2007, 16:00 Scottish Martial Arts

Also, how the fuck is it mailware?

Malware, not mailware. The prefix mal- from the Latin malus, mala, malum; a 1st/2nd declension adjective meaning bad, evil wicked. Hence malware is bad software. In Gamespy's case, it's bad presumably because it's slow, requires registration, and supports the evil empire, i.e. IGN/Gamespy.

10. Re: No subject Dec 9, 2007, 15:47 DangerDog

Yeah, 4th game Even more than that if you count the console versions.

Use an external server browser like Qtracker, problem solved.

I'd rather it use gamespy than Windows "Live".

9. Re: No subject Dec 9, 2007, 15:38 necrosis

I guess you will never play a FPS game again then. Practically ever game has gamespy embeded into it for server browsing.

Also, how the fuck is it mailware?

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 15:39.

8. No subject Dec 9, 2007, 15:31 Beady

Its the 4th UT game :p

And one huge thing that they need to add to the patch before I consider buying this:

-Removed Gamespy malware and used our own in-house browser/matchmaking solution

7. Re: Missing From The Changelog Dec 9, 2007, 15:27 sponge

Uh, being the third edition of Unreal Tournament (on the PC anyway) which for the most part is just like the last two only with better graphics how could you be surprised at how the game plays?

Despite that, people still think that every new game is going to be some retarded psuedo-realistic slowbie game like CoD4, and throw a sissy fit everytime a new game comes out that doesn't fit the dumbed down gameplay.

Mind you, I don't even like UT3 all that much.

6. FOV Dec 9, 2007, 15:10 necrosis

At least you can lock FOV at 100 now. Finally proper widescreen.

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo