Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Half-Life PARANOIA

The PARANOIA Website announces the availability of this modification for Half-Life (1) that may just be out to get you. The mod is available in both English and Russian, and word is: "You will play the role of a russian [sic] officer of the secret service. There will be many missions, each with specific objectives for the players to accomplish, such as defending a restricted military area, eliminating a terrorist threat and protecting innocent workers. Your first impressions are that this mission will be just like any other, but you really have no idea what nightmares future events have in store for you..." Thanks Ant and Planet Half-Life, where they warn that the mod's use of a modified opengl32.dll may run afoul of Valve's Anti-Cheat Client, so this should be installed at one's own risk.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. VAC Issue Dec 8, 2007, 00:30 Bet

What a bummer. Hope this turns out to be a nonissue, I'd actually want to try this. Even though I hate the HL1 engine now that Source has been around so long, this mod is still promising.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Virus? Dec 8, 2007, 00:30 infekt

Ugh... Tried to install this and my AV caught this upon unpacking "Trojan.Win32.Agent.dfl". Wtf? Something is really fishy about this mod, or am I being paranoid?

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 00:32.

2. No subject Dec 7, 2007, 13:17 Dev

Yeah, I don't think I'm ready to be cut off from my $100's of games on steam

1. No subject Dec 7, 2007, 12:32 Armengar

install a mod and get VAC'd ? That sounds like a GREAT idea

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo