Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock Content Coming

The Cult of Rapture reports that a PC patch will be released for BioShock next week, as well as new downloadable content for the Xbox 360 edition that will be included in the PC patch:

Many of you have been asking me about the status of the BioShock PC Patch and Xbox 360 Title Update, and I have some good news for you.

Both the BioShock PC Patch and the 360 Title Update will be available next week. In additon to these fixes, we will be releasing downloadable content free on both Xbox Live and for the PC, with the DLC bundled into the PC Patch. A full list of bug fixes and everything included in the DLC will be put up on the Cult of Rapture when the downloads become available.

View
45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

45. ESFDF Sep 2, 2008, 04:54 cxb

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 2, 09:10.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

44. ESFDF Sep 2, 2008, 04:47 cxb

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 2, 09:10.

43. CXB May 26, 2008, 21:40 cxb

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 29, 08:34.

42. ankara nakliyat May 17, 2008, 15:06 kardelen133

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 3, 20:48.

41. ankara nakliyat May 17, 2008, 15:05 kardelen133

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 3, 20:48.

40. Re: Random trivia Dec 2, 2007, 17:33 Ecthelion

Andrew Ryan is voiced by Armin Shimerman, aka Quark from Deep Space Nine. This somehow managed to totally escape me in a full playthrough, even though I've picked out John DiMaggio's (Bender) voice as 'Guard #2' in Chronicles of Riddick in the middle of a firefight. Some excellent voice acting as Ryan from a surprising source.
I knew Shimmerman did some of the voices in the game, but I didn't find out it was Ryan until I completed the game. I never recognized it.

On the other hand, I picked up Tony Todd (Worf's brother Kurn in Star Trek - yes, I'm a nerd) as a vortigaunt in HL2 Episode 2, right away. Actually, I think he did the voice for all the vortigaunts in Episode 2. I also recognized John DiMaggio as Jack in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, as soon as I heard him talk. I guess some actors are better at masking their voices than others.

39. Re: So um... Dec 2, 2007, 13:36 The Half Elf

Well the combat in BioShock was as boring or as creative as you wanted it to be.

Me personally I think I used the wrench a total of a dozen times during the game, as I was enjoying using the plasmids too much.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

38. Random trivia Dec 2, 2007, 09:43 Evil Timmy

Andrew Ryan is voiced by Armin Shimerman, aka Quark from Deep Space Nine. This somehow managed to totally escape me in a full playthrough, even though I've picked out John DiMaggio's (Bender) voice as 'Guard #2' in Chronicles of Riddick in the middle of a firefight. Some excellent voice acting as Ryan from a surprising source.

37. Re: So um... Dec 1, 2007, 20:02 Shadowcat

I didn't use many active plasmids. Why bother when the shotgun was all the plasmid I needed?
For me it was because the only way to get some variety into the gameplay is to make yourself to try out different weapon/plasmid combos and strategies. There's no NEED to do this, because the game never puts you in any danger (god damn their idiotic 'auto-vita-chamber' stupidity), but you'll get a bit more out of the game if you at least try everything out for a while.

36. Re: So um... Dec 1, 2007, 17:01 Krovven

MrBone was referring to the improper capitalization of the pronoun "I" in the post by necrosis. MrBone is still a moron, though.

Yea I didn't clue into that. Thought he was arguing the id thing. Ray msg'd me earlier about that

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in Team Fortress 2, Episode 2, Portal and CoH Opposing Fronts.

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

35. huh Dec 1, 2007, 16:47 kyleb

I hope this patch allows us to remap the L button. Being left handed, L is my move backwards button, which is a bit hard to play without.

34. Re: So um... Dec 1, 2007, 16:46 dubfanatic

It's "I", not "i".

Actually it's "id".

MrBone was referring to the improper capitalization of the pronoun "I" in the post by necrosis. MrBone is still a moron, though.

33. Re: So um... Dec 1, 2007, 14:51 Ecthelion

Well, already we have a difference, as I never used the wrench. I was pretty much shotgun exclusively, or pistol when shotgun ammo was low.

I didn't use many active plasmids. Why bother when the shotgun was all the plasmid I needed? Haha.
I used the wrench a lot, but the shotgun and electrical ammo was great at taking on Big Daddies.

For regular enemies, first I'd shock or flame them, then move in and wrench them. It worked petty well.

32. Re: No subject Dec 1, 2007, 14:20 PHJF

Also wrenched virtually every enemy in the game. Why waste what little ammo you can carry, and most guns are just flat-out worthless for damage (pistol, machine gun, napalm... upgraded or not they suck)

Then I found out the bolt launcher has RECOVERABLE BOLTS (including incendiary)

Steam + PSN: PHJF

31. No subject Dec 1, 2007, 14:02 Bone43

Is this the patch that would make me want to play this again? or maybe it removes the game user restriction or Sony CP?

I played this once and moved on as theres just not much replay value IMO, that said seems 2K is just trying to get a little PR to push what ever holiday sales they can still milk out of Bioshock Meh.

30. Re: So um... Dec 1, 2007, 13:33 xXBatmanXx

Is that patch that makes you use more than the wrench to beat enemies?

Well, already we have a difference, as I never used the wrench. I was pretty much shotgun exclusively, or pistol when shotgun ammo was low.

I made a comment when I got it that the easiest way to beat the crazy dr (first boss?) was just to back him in a corner and beat the piss out of him with the wrench....otherwise I was just wasting precious ammo!

Supporter of the Cell Phone Jamming movement.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

29. Re: So um... Dec 1, 2007, 12:53 Beamer

Is that patch that makes you use more than the wrench to beat enemies?

I didn't use many active plasmids. Why bother when the shotgun was all the plasmid I needed? Haha.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

28. No subject Dec 1, 2007, 12:31 Zoomboy27

Interesting universe

Maybe you could have an adventure where you're one of the pipe-crazies who after a unforeseen encounter with a Vita-Chanber loses some of his insanity and then seeks to recover himself and other ordinary crazies - maybe under Tenenbaum's direction.

27. No subject Dec 1, 2007, 12:20 Skoll

The is going to be the sweetest deal in gaming history by the time they finally remove the online activation. I'm not buying it until then...

Keep adding content and fixing bugs, I can wait.

http://www.bandega.com - Never miss a show again

26. No subject Dec 1, 2007, 12:10 zirik

i want to know what happened to the doctor after the end of the game. did she stay to rebuild rapture? did she keep in touch with the children after they left rapture?

45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo