Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hellgate: London Patch Plans

The Hellgate: London Website has word that Patch 0.7 for Flagship's action/RPG is in the works and should be heading to the test center next week, where the version 0.6 update is currently being vetted. Word is: "We have a nice list of fixes in this patch, including improvements to memory usage, UI changes, and general skill updates. Also included will be a number of really cool subscriber items and quests that should please many old D2 fans. Weíll detail this content, as well as the bug fixes, when the patch goes live."

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: No subject Dec 1, 2007, 23:29 flashdim

For their sake I hope 0.7 since the "memory exhausted" errors seem to be a big deal for a lot of folks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: No subject Dec 1, 2007, 22:12 vermin

I'm pretty sure I read they're doing a SP patch at 0.6 or 0.7.

18. Re: No subject Dec 1, 2007, 21:20 flashdim

Single player has only the first 0.1 patch from November/5. Check the HGL forums if you don't believe me.
This post has a reply from Kaiser (Senior Community Manager) about the issue,.
http://forums.hellgatelondon.com/showthread.php?t=48662&;

Ahhh, okay. Maybe I was just thinking about .1 then, sorry. I wonder if they're just gonna do a monthly patch thing/major version patch thing for SP then? Or just let it fester. :\

Edit: oh snap i forgot this is internet, i'm never supposed to admit mistakes
This comment was edited on Dec 1, 21:25.

17. Re: No subject Dec 1, 2007, 20:50 g_mann

mmmmmm hypocrite thread

16. Re: No subject Dec 1, 2007, 17:27 Buckermann

Buckerman: They actually have, so I'm not sure what your beef is. The current live version on the servers is 0.5, and you can download the 0.5 patch for single player.

Single player has only the first 0.1 patch from November/5. Check the HGL forums if you don't believe me.
This post has a reply from Kaiser (Senior Community Manager) about the issue,.
http://forums.hellgatelondon.com/showthread.php?t=48662&

15. RE: Yukkione,... Dec 1, 2007, 17:00 JohnBirshire

As to the folk who want to whine about comparisons to Diablo...

In almost every single press release Diablo 2 is mentioned. In almost every single interview Diablo 2 is mentioned. Even on the damn box the game came in, Diablo is mentioned!

This game is not Diablo 2. This game is not made by Blizzard. Seeing it referenced every five seconds by Flagship is the epitome of asinine. Nobody is saying it is illegal, they are saying it has been/is getting absolutely ridiculous.

No other company is trying to capture some of the great things that were in Diablo.

ANY gamer can name about ten Diablo 2 clones off the top of their head in under five seconds!

They almost have the big bugs all fixed.

Hahahahah! ROFLMAO! They haven't even begun to CRACK the surface! Also, their one, possibly two attempts at fixing bugs have introduced more bugs, such as the invisible party member bug everybody complains about for example.

Very few games offer as much playability as HG.

Very ironic, since the point not to mention one of the prime features of this game is having repetitive singular focuses ad infinitum.

Seriously, do you work for Flagship? You must, because those comments were ludicrous in every fashion. Keep trying...

That being said, I am not some Hellgate hater who has never played the game. I have been following the progress of Hellgate:London since it was announced in PC Gamer years ago. I quit playing other online games to focus primarily on playing Hellgate when it came out. I even read the 300 page Hellgate novel months before the game even came out! *the book was awesome by the way, highly recommended, although it made Hellgate's in game storyline even more disappointing* I preordered the game, started playing the minute the servers went live, and was one of the first to beat the game. I can even summarize my playing experience for you...

At level 1 I was running down a gray hallway between buildings holding a machine gun. Twenty minutes before I beat the game at level 30 I was running down the same gray hallway holding a higher level version of the same machine gun shooting higher level versions of the same monsters I was killing when I started the game. I didn't even spend 3/4 of my skill points because the skills sucked. The quests sucked. The quest dialog sucked. The green vendor trash quest rewards sucked. The monsters sucked. The storyline sucked. The cut scenes of the same book floating in midair sucked. The ending sucked. This game sucks.

I don't hate this game, I just hate everything Flagship did horribly wrong with it. Flagship touted and hyped this game past the extent as John Romero did Daikatana, and it flopped almost as bad. In the end, the only thing that can be said is a quote from a popular thread about Flagship; No wonder these guys no longer work for Blizzard...

*post edited to respond to a few comments posted while I was posting my response*
This comment was edited on Dec 1, 17:44.

14. Re: No subject Dec 1, 2007, 15:45 Yukkione

They almost have the big bugs all fixed. That can't be said of most releases. Hellgate is a fun game and actually has no game breaking bugs as it is now.
As to the folk who want to whine about comparisons to Diablo... well guess what, in the world one can compare anything they want too. No other company is trying to capture some of the great things that were in Diablo.
Very few games offer as much playability as HG. Once the platform has been really polished it will be a great platform for many inovative game options.

13. No subject Dec 1, 2007, 14:06 Bone43

Also included will be a number of really cool subscriber items

Hey words out no one cares it sucks.

12. Re: No subject Dec 1, 2007, 12:27 Krovven

I'm surprised Blizzard hasn't laid the smack down on them yet.

Because last I checked it wasn't against the law to talk about or reference a game by title.

Some of you act like it's against the law for Roper to make comparisons to other games. Other developers do it all the time, especially when they worked on that previous game.

I seem to recall System Shock being referred to quite a lot when Bioshock was being developed. Was that wrong of them too? Nothing different here.

The release and post development has been a joke with Hellgate, but bickering about them referencing similarities between games is ridiculous.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in Team Fortress 2, Episode 2, Portal and CoH Opposing Fronts.

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/
This comment was edited on Dec 1, 12:28.

11. Re: No subject Dec 1, 2007, 11:19 flashdim

Buckerman: They actually have, so I'm not sure what your beef is. The current live version on the servers is 0.5, and you can download the 0.5 patch for single player.

Or are you saying you'd like to be able to download patches that are already on the test center or something? That doesn't seem that safe to me, seeing as they aren't, you know....tested.

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 11:19.

10. Re: No subject Dec 1, 2007, 10:49 vermin

Not 'some of', all of the Blizzard North people are in Flagship.

9. Re: No subject Dec 1, 2007, 03:43 JohnBirshire

Iím just waiting for Blizzard to drop the Sledge Hammer on these wanna be assholes for referencing much of D2.

You know, you just made a very valid point. This game is NOT made by Blizzard, so why do they keep referencing Diablo 2 nonstop? Yes I am aware of the fact that some of the people involved with Hellgate worked on Diablo 2, but that doesn't give them any right to treat Blizzard's intellectual property like it is their own. I'm surprised Blizzard hasn't laid the smack down on them yet.

8. Re: No subject Dec 1, 2007, 01:01 Darks

Iím just waiting for Blizzard to drop the Sledge Hammer on these wanna be assholes for referencing much of D2. Which no matter if they worked on it does not give them free access to use or reference anything from those older games. Plus this game sucks ass anyway. itís so fricking repetitive and its overly used textures is a farce in itself

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 01:02.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

7. Re: No subject Dec 1, 2007, 00:00 Buckermann

Would be nice if they would release all the fixes for the single player portion (minus that subscription stuff) of the game too.
But I guess that is only wishfull thinking...

6. Re: No subject Nov 30, 2007, 23:27 Cutter

Good to see the beta for this game is coming along so swimmingly.

"Grab a napkin, homie. You just got served."
- Wolowitz

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadÖ Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

5. Re: No subject Nov 30, 2007, 23:17 Undead Scottsman

Why not also say that patch 0.8 has been considered in the conference room and that it'll come out after it's been developed and tested? After they get the two current ones out the door?

They already did. Patch 1 is due out in December.

4. Re: No subject Nov 30, 2007, 22:25 CreamyBlood

Sometimes you have to wonder if they have bored PR people for some of these companies trying to justify their existence. If I read that right, they're announcing that a new patch is in the works and that the current one is in testing.

Why not also say that patch 0.8 has been considered in the conference room and that it'll come out after it's been developed and tested? After they get the two current ones out the door?

Whatever

3. Re: No subject Nov 30, 2007, 22:12 Kosumo

Should be good by about patch 3.6 then. But the 3.8 patch will be a reset/relunch/user base wipe.

2. Re: No subject Nov 30, 2007, 21:48 DrEvil

Haha patch 0.6. Slowly working towards that 1.0

1. No subject Nov 30, 2007, 20:58 AcidDrone

WINDFORCE
time to pindlebot

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo