Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Microsoft Sued... Nov 28, 2007, 19:11 Burrito of Peace

AFAIK, BenQ drvers are NOT in the 360s and never have been. There's a Toshiba model in there and I believe a Phillips model.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Microsoft Sued... Nov 28, 2007, 15:40 4D-Boxing

I don't even think the game needs to be patched. I do not own a 360 but I do have a few close friends that do. THey had the same issue with other games & it's the Drive not the game.

The game might have isues that need to be patched but most of the crash scenarios that I've heard of where resolved by bringing the machine to the store & getting a new one.

I think some of the original 360s came with a BenQ drives if & I'm not mistaken BenQ burners got pulled off the shelves (on the PC side years ago) cause of similar issues.

Another issue could be the power bar. I guess the 360 is supposed to be plugged directly in the wall no power bar.

8. Re: Microsoft Sued... Nov 28, 2007, 14:46 Tigger

Apparently the people doing the suing (sewing?) have never been PC gamers before. Granted, a console game can't be fixed by a patch.

Huh? All the time.

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President

7. Re: Eh.. Nov 28, 2007, 14:44 Tigger

My only problem with the 360 thus far is the LOUD NOISE. Beyond that, the games are alright and I haven't had many stability issues (knocks on wood).

Knock harder. My 360 was supa loud since the day I got it and just died - I had it for 11 months.

I called Microsoft and they taking it back for repair and should have it back to me in '3 to 4 weeks'. I'm not holding my breath - I'm glad I got my 60GB PS3.

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President

6. Eh.. Nov 28, 2007, 14:11 kanniballl

Halo 3 never crashed for me.

BioShock, on the other hand, crashed once and gave me a lot of trouble when you were wearing the Big Daddy helmet. The colors would occasionally go screwy, and always go screwy if there was something on fire near my view.

My only problem with the 360 thus far is the LOUD NOISE. Beyond that, the games are alright and I haven't had many stability issues (knocks on wood).

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

5. Re: Microsoft Sued... Nov 28, 2007, 11:12 The Half Elf

Well I would also guess it's dependent on how much needs to be patched as well. My guess is Microsoft has some sort of 'limit' on patch sizes.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Microsoft Sued... Nov 28, 2007, 10:56 MMORPGHoD

Can they patch games for XBox 360s without the HD?

3. Re: Microsoft Sued... Nov 28, 2007, 10:51 DrEvil

Patching is the norm for console games now too. Games are just too big and complex to be able to ship them bug free. They still have much more rigorous requirements than PC games, but patching is still commonly used.

2. Re: Microsoft Sued... Nov 28, 2007, 10:10 John

Why not? I have gotten updates to several console games.  
This space is available for rent

1. Microsoft Sued... Nov 28, 2007, 09:50 Ronin

Apparently the people doing the suing (sewing?) have never been PC gamers before. Granted, a console game can't be fixed by a patch.  
-Azrael
"Don't Fear the Reaper, fear ME."
http://gamershots.net

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo