Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ramayan 3392 A.D. & More Virgin Comics Games

Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Comics announces plans to team up with Perspective Studios to create new intellectual properties for multiple media, including games. There are few details, but one of the projects will be an MMOG for SOE based on the Ramayan 3392 A.D. comics:

NEW YORK & GLEN COVE, New York - November 27, 2007 - Virgin Comics today announced a partnership with Perspective Studios, an industry-leading computer animation production house, to co-create and develop a diverse slate of original intellectual properties. The goal of the collaboration is to create a compelling portfolio of new characters and franchises for exploitation in multiple formats, including comic books, mobile content, video games and feature films. Virgin and Perspective will initially launch each new franchise as graphic novels and short-form episodic animation for online and mobile distribution, taking advantage of Virgin's substantial relationships in these markets.

The partners expect to focus on content properties that are likely to resonate with online and console gamers. Virgin announced last August that their popular Ramayan 3392 A.D. comic book series has been licensed by Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) as the basis for a new massively multiplayer online role-playing game. Perspective has provided animation for many noteworthy and highly-anticipated game titles, including Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto series and Ghost Recon for Ubisoft.

"Perspective is bringing a great deal of experience and versatility to the table," said Sharad Devarajan, Virgin Comics' CEO. "With Perspective's growing animation capabilities and particular expertise with video game animation, we have full confidence that they'll go above and beyond when it comes to fully realizing a unique creative vision."

"Our past experience with many memorable properties has long inspired us to see what we could accomplish with original content," said Steven Lehrhoff, CEO of Perspective Studios. "The Virgin Comics team, with such a unique creative vision, will make the ideal partner for this undertaking."

Virgin Comics and Perspective Studios will be making additional announcements regarding the specific franchises resulting from this collaboration, as well as the talent involved with the properties, in the near future.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Rayman 3392 A.D. Nov 27, 2007, 15:49 HoSpanky

Yeah, here I get all excited and then I discover that the people in this new game actually have LIMBS. ripoff.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Rayman 3392 A.D. Nov 27, 2007, 15:04 Shadowcat

Anyone else mis-read that title?

3. Re: No subject Nov 27, 2007, 14:19 manic half

so true. i'd never heard of it until right then.

i enjoy the rubbish PR bullshit too; i always wonder what the point of it is. is it supposed to get people excited? is there anyone out there that see's PR bullshit as something else other than what it is?

2. Re: No subject Nov 27, 2007, 12:42 Cutter

Why not base a MOG on comics that most people have actually heard of. Yet one more stupid idea from SOE that's bound to fail.

"Mmmm! Goddamn, Jimmie! This is some serious gourmet shit! Usually, me and Vince would be happy with some freeze-dried Taster's Choice right, but he springs this serious GOURMET shit on us! What flavor is this?"
- Jules

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

1. No subject Nov 27, 2007, 12:23 Jerykk

The goal of the collaboration is to create a compelling portfolio of new characters and franchises for exploitation in multiple formats, including comic books, mobile content, video games and feature films.

Well, at least they are being honest.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo