Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Patch

A beta version 1.01 patch for Unreal Tournament 3 is now available, offering an unsupported update for Epic's first-person shooter sequel. The download is available on Gamer's Hell and PixelRage.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: FYI Nov 26, 2007, 16:00 4D-Boxing

My system is overkill for UT3 E6850 @ 3.6 & 8800GTX SLI setup and the game slowed down way to much on the PhysX maps. On top of that the map I tried looked really bad.

(tried hte one that is not tornado related)

On a side note I also tried the warmonger - operation downtown destruction open beta. My eye still hurt from playing the tutorial. It's a beta so I can't juge it to harshly but when the tutorial makes you want to uninstall...not good.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: FYI Nov 26, 2007, 13:12 Overon

I read one review of physx in UT3 and with a physx card the framerates drop by 50% plus. Horrendous. I'm still waiting for a game that justifies the physx card. If UT3 cannot then what game can?

10. FYI Nov 26, 2007, 10:17 4D-Boxing

There is checkbox for something called "frame smoothing" I thinks that is what it's called.

Well on my system I had to remove the checkmark or the game would crash after 5 minutes of online play.

I don't think that options was there before.

PS. The PhysX level are crap...AMD better buy AGEIA fast because everything that was supposed to show of the cards sucks except maybe ageia islanf in graw 2.

9. Re: No subject Nov 26, 2007, 00:14 AhrimaaN

Got an xbox controller? You know they want you to

8. Re: No subject Nov 25, 2007, 21:09 Morgan19

Oh it's compatible, alright-- except now after the patch, my mouse's X- and Y-axes don't work at all. The mouse buttons themselves work great, but moving it doesn't do a thing, and I don't see any new options for getting it back.

Whee!

m19

7. No subject Nov 25, 2007, 20:29 Hump

It's backwards compatible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

6. Re: No subject Nov 25, 2007, 19:34 Enahs

Direct your eyes to the left side of the page, where you will see a 'Submit News' link. Use it.

Or at the very top of the page... Right above the page content.

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

5. Re: No subject Nov 25, 2007, 17:59 Bucky

I said the beta patch was available in the previous ut3 thread 2 days ago:

Direct your eyes to the left side of the page, where you will see a 'Submit News' link. Use it.

---
Xfire/Steam: GreySpire (alias Bucky)
http://www.opensuse.org

4. Re: No subject Nov 25, 2007, 17:48 Luv_Studd

Big ass patch. Ow.

3. Re: No subject Nov 25, 2007, 17:28 Sho

I don't actually know whether or not this patch breaks network compatibility, but aside from an early UT99 patch which introduced new (and much needed) netcode, Epic has been fairly religious about keeping network compat across patch levels in the UT games, I think.

2. Re: No subject Nov 25, 2007, 17:13 Morgan19

Does anyone know if this patch is like 2142, for example, where the servers you play on have to match your version? I'm just wondering how it being "beta" would affect online playability.

m19

1. No subject Nov 25, 2007, 16:09 Overon

I said the beta patch was available in the previous ut3 thread 2 days ago:
http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=82957

Nobody listens to me.
WAAAAAAA.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo