Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I'm watching the Giants and I write this. Thankfully, tears cannot stain web pages like they do paper.

Teary Links! Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Link of the Day: The 999,999,999 in 1 Super Game system.
Story: MS Explorer Crashes. No really. Thanks Digg.
Case focuses on African immigrants' use of monkey meat.
Science!: Scientists urge $2-3 billion study of ocean health.
Image: Dr. Freehouse.
Media: Greatest Catch By A Football Fan evAr! Bears vs. Packers.
Flipbook animation.
Follow-up: Company recalls 96,000 pounds of ground beef. Recall of the week.
Teh Funny: My So-Called Half-Life.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Lost Planet Nov 26, 2007, 11:06 Warhawk

I think if you do that from Start, Run, it will minimize...

That's what I was doing. My bad.

Now these points of data make a beautiful line
And were out of beta, were releasing on time
So Im GLaD I got burned, think of all the things we learned
For the people who are still alive

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. No subject Nov 26, 2007, 10:27 xXBatmanXx

Well, I feel bad for you Blue - but the Vikes have always had decent games against the G men....and in NY. hehehehe

Supporter of the Cell Phone Jamming movement.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15. Re: Lost Planet Nov 26, 2007, 07:51 nin

Edit - and when I tried firing up ipconfig it just minimized and disappeared immediately. Every time.

I think if you do that from Start, Run, it will minimize...

Try it from a DOS window... (Start, Run, Cmd)

If you ARE running that from a DOS window and it's closing THAT window? You've got something funny running on your system (and not "funny ha-ha" )...

edit:
I bought and have read a third of the prequel book Mass Effect: Revelation. It really has helped to set the tone for the game. I felt right at home with the story-line.

I'm ashamed to admit I read that (the book). Story wise, it was pretty crappy, but yeah, it gave you a lot of back story about the galaxy, and how humans fit in there...

------------------------------------------------
http://niggytardust.com/saulwilliams/menu
This comment was edited on Nov 26, 07:53.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

14. Mass Effect Rocks! Nov 26, 2007, 00:41 Golem

@nin... yeah they throw you into it pretty quickly with little or no tutorial. Just tips along the way but after a half dozen hours you'll really be hooked.

I bought and have read a third of the prequel book Mass Effect: Revelation. It really has helped to set the tone for the game. I felt right at home with the story-line.

The combat is great too. Just use cover and give orders to your team. Also pick two peeps that compliment you. And remember the RB & LB will pause the game and allow you to switch weapons/line up your sites/give orders to varying degrees of usefulness.

I'm just on easy mode and I have had my ass handed to be several times over at several scripted battles that are story-line events. Like most games they have certain boss characters that can not be defeated until a set amount of events occurred during the engagement.

And it doesn't help if your team is weak on biotic abilities while going up against a boss with said abilities.

I've logged about twenty hours now and I'm almost thirteen hours into it according to my save-game... yet I can honestly say this game has finally given me a reason to be thankful I bought a 360. It may even lead me to believe there are other games worth playing on the consoles.

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 00:42.

13. Re: Lost Planet Nov 25, 2007, 23:53 Warhawk

What kind of error are you getting, exactly?

Both it and the bookmarked weather.com page (for the local weather) just don't load. I get a blank screen with no error message. Strange.

Edit - and when I tried firing up ipconfig it just minimized and disappeared immediately. Every time.

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 00:02.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

12. Re: Lost Planet Nov 25, 2007, 22:55 nin

Great nin, yet another game to add to your gamer card that you'll never finish

Yeah yeah...

Just wrapped up the first 1.5 hours in Mass Effect and WOW...really sharp, so far. Not overly wild about the real time combat, but I think I just need to work with it more and get the hang of it. (As some reviews have stated, they kinds throw you to the wolves when it comes to combat.)

Can anyone tell me if www.bestbuy.com is functional? I can't get it to come up for some reason......

It's still there, dude.

What kind of error are you getting, exactly? You tried to ping/tracert it? (I get a reply from 209.8.115.63.)

11. Re: No subject Nov 25, 2007, 22:46 VT Hoodlum

works for me...

10. Re: No subject Nov 25, 2007, 22:24 Warhawk

Can anyone tell me if www.bestbuy.com is functional? I can't get it to come up for some reason......

Thanks!

9. Re: Lost Planet Nov 25, 2007, 21:08 The Half Elf

Assassin's Creed, however, seems rather cool, so far...

Great nin, yet another game to add to your gamer card that you'll never finish

Actually picked it up myself as the wait to get Mass Effect back is getting bad(least this collectors edition works!). Sadly haven't been able to put much time into it yet.

SST I'm still not sure what to make of the alter ego thing, as I only got to play a short time after being 'stripped' of your equipment/title

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

8. Re: Lost Planet Nov 25, 2007, 19:56 nin

nin, you didn't pick up Mass Effect?

About to start that one tonight, actually...too much stuff out right now!

A guy claims to have finished it in ten hours.
I've heard there's a ton of side quests, though...plenty to do, and I imagine there's some replayability, too.

This is a game to be savoured.
Exactly. Baldur's Gate 2 was the same way. Kick back, take your time, and explore everything, and it'll last a hell of a lot longer.

7. Re: Lost Planet Nov 25, 2007, 19:30 Golem

nin, you didn't pick up Mass Effect? I was just wondering if anyone else is having as much fun with it as I am. Worst part about it I bought it with the intention of not playing it until I finish the last two Acts of The Witcher but me talking about it with my bro and a friend in Jersey got him excited enough to go out and finally buy a next gen console. At which time his excitement carried over to me and now I am hooked on Mass Effect and The Witcher is on the back burner.

Both are awesome games in my opinion and both worthy of purchase.

Funny thing is reading the Bioware's forums out of curiosity. I wanted to find out if anyone finished Mass Effect and how long it took them. A guy claims to have finished it in ten hours.

I can't imagine that. Since I am just now on my second or third planet and I am some twelve or more hours in. I guess if you totally ignore the Codex and don't touch any optional quest you could get moving along much quicker but why would you want to?

This is a game to be savoured. Explore and interact with as much as you can. It only adds to the enjoyment... for me at least.

That guy would have to be hitting the X button and forwarding through the cut-scenes also. Because I figure this game has ten hours or more of dialog alone. But it's great so far...

6. Re: Lost Planet Nov 25, 2007, 17:16 Ihya

Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions has to be one of the worst PC games ever.

Lost Planet is one very shitty game. Worst game played this year out of maybe 20 or so titles. And that was on 360. God forbid the Turdzilla a bad PC port transformed it into.
This comment was edited on Nov 25, 17:17.

5. No subject Nov 25, 2007, 17:10 ledhead1969

I also feel your pain as I watch the Deadskins lose another game by 8 points of fewer.

<edit> hilarious video of dog chomping on that player. God I love GSDs.

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 17:12.

4. Re: Lost Planet Nov 25, 2007, 16:26 nin

MS Explorer Crashes. No really.

Ok, I head heard od this, but didn't know the ships name. OH the delicious irony!

I played the demo on the 360, and frankly it just didn't do much for me...

Assassin's Creed, however, seems rather cool, so far...

3. Re: fball Nov 25, 2007, 15:57 Enahs

Hah. Last night we were watching the Alabama VS Auburn game (If I do watch any football, which is rarely, it is all SEC).

One of the Auburn guys got his hand bit my a police/guard dog in the end zone. I am shocked that it is not all over the internet(s) clogging the tubes.

Here is a crappy video of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSpfyIaS6wE&
It looked much more impressive in HD.

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 15:57.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

2. Lost Planet Nov 25, 2007, 15:53 Enahs

Ok, let me just say this.

It really shows the difference in attitude when such a shitty PC game is as highly rated for the consoles and sold extremely well.

I mean, just horrible POS.

That is all.

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

1. fball Nov 25, 2007, 15:29 bjack

I feel your pain, my Titans continue their crapola streak.

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo