Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis Benchmark

The Crymod Modding Portal offers downloads of a Crysis Benchmarking Tool (thanks Ant). Presumably you can tell whether the game runs smoothly enough for you without a benchmark, but this can offer bragging rights, and who can argue with that?

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2007, 15:16 Bone43

because Im bored shitless.

After ten minutes of SOF payback WOW what a turd!

This one has to be in the running for worst console port ever, hell probable worst FPS ever on any platform!!!!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2007, 13:55 BrutalDeluxe

No one on earth can play this game on 'very high dx10' + max fsaa + 16AF + 1650 res. No one. Hardware doesn't exist. There are no discrepancies. It simply can't be done, SLI, quad core or not.

I'm quoting myself.

18. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2007, 12:14 Bone43

i just quoted this because everyone else is doing it.

I just quoted you because Im bored shitless.

17. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2007, 11:30 rocketpcguy

No one on earth can play this game on 'very high dx10' + max fsaa + 16AF + 1650 res. No one. Hardware doesn't exist. There are no discrepancies. It simply can't be done, SLI, quad core or not.

i just quoted this because everyone else is doing it.

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 11:30.

16. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2007, 11:18 Bone43

Yea but thats DX10 and Vista = a 20% frame rate hit, try XP
with the DX9 hacks 95% of the eye candy and much better performance.

15. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2007, 11:00 MeatForce

Bleh. Moan moan moan.

Just turn of AA, lower the res a bit, and get on with playing the game.

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

14. No subject Nov 23, 2007, 07:03 BrutalDeluxe

8800GT isn't midrange. Matter of fact rocking one of these will show you as faster than 95% of all 3Dmark users, and top league in the steam stats. Both of which are usually used by enthusiasts or regular gamers, so the actual stats are actually even more in your favor.

Someone who bought a mid-range PC from Dell or similar 2 years ago has no chance to play Crysis on 'very high'. I think high is probably a stretch, too.

As for the person who said the performance is all over the place, it isn't. It's just some people consider 30fps on high dx9 1024x as 'great', while others expect 60fps steady on '1650x very high dx10 + fsaa 8q'as 'normal'.

13. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2007, 03:54 sponge

The wonderful thing about this game is that 5yrs down the road; it's still going to have some replay value. All that other crap that you can play smooth now will all look so yesterday. But Crysis was made for the future.

Great, so I'm no longer buying a game, but a short-term investment that I can then play in the future.

Better graphics != replay value. Actual gameplay = replay value.

12. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2007, 03:24 Zephalephelah

The wonderful thing about this game is that 5yrs down the road; it's still going to have some replay value. All that other crap that you can play smooth now will all look so yesterday. But Crysis was made for the future.

11. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2007, 02:02 John

I wouldn't call the 8800GT 'midrange'.

This space is available for rent

10. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2007, 00:46 Warhawk

I'm playing the demo a bit (will not buy the game) and it runs *fairly* well (C2Q 6600 stock, 4 GB Patriot memory, 8800GTS 640 stock, and running at 1680*1050 on high everything with no AA, etc and WinXP.

I just don't care for the game as much for whatever reason. I think it's just too many damn buttons and options for a FPS. I don't want to keep hunting for keys all the flippin time. Takes the fun out of it.

The game does look fantastic, though!

Edit - and I do see some distracting pop-ups, etc, at times. Bah.

Now these points of data make a beautiful line
And were out of beta, were releasing on time
So Im GLaD I got burned, think of all the things we learned
For the people who are still alive

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 00:48.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

9. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2007, 23:06 Bet

Your system is a fair mirror of mine (gotta love that 8800GT), and I agree that it runs great at that resolution. Since I actually prefer Shaders on medium, I get 60FPS pretty much constant so I started in on the config edits to get the Vista effects in XP.

Guess we're a couple of the lucky ones with budget gaming PCs that runs Crysis great, heh.

8. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2007, 21:56 A51Abductee

I know I'm prolly the exception to the rule but I was surprised at how well Crysis runs on this box, which I would categorize as pretty "midrange." With a C2D 6420 o/c'd to 2.7GHz, 2GB of cheapass yet amazing GSkill DDR, and a new 8800GT it's very playable with everything on "High" at 1600x1200 (using no AA at all). I'm just running XP so I can't attempt the DX10 Very High stuff without a hack.

It's bizarre but it seems like even with similar specs everyone's experience running this game is unique. Mixed results across the board with not much consistency.

7. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2007, 19:41 Bone43

Runs better outdoors than it does indoors.

Yea thats what I thought also.

The one exception is the mine level the random falling rocks absolutely kill my frame rates.

6. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2007, 19:32 Krovven

It's too slow on your computer when outdoors which is most of the time.

Runs better outdoors than it does indoors.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in Team Fortress 2, Episode 2, Portal and CoH Opposing Fronts.

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

5. No subject Nov 22, 2007, 18:35 space captain

i like how devs are so awesome they can produce tech that will devour any PCs on the market and laugh in their inadequate faces

thats fun gaming!

Go forth, and kill!

4. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2007, 17:17 Enahs

The demo ran pretty decent for me on a slightly overclocked X2 4200+ and 256 mb 7800GT. Though, I had a lot of visual bugs so I have not gotten the full game yet. Waiting for a few patches and driver revisions to come around.

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

3. No subject Nov 22, 2007, 17:04 BrutalDeluxe

Cryis is the game that almost made me return my shiny new 8800GT because I had just placed it in my box and immediately fired the game - to great disappointment. "My 8800GT is DOA" I exclaimed, wondering why I was getting a slideshow at 1280x1024 4fsaa all very high.

Same system runs COD4 all high 4fsaa @ 60 fps steady, so, yes, I do see it as a 'problem', although of course comparing 2 gfx engines is probably akin to comparing apples and oranges.

But where Crytek when slightly wrong, is including gfx options that simply cannot be playable even on the most expensive hardware out there. People don't see it as future proofing, they see it as fraudulent advertising of gfx features that cannot be achieved no matter what your throw at it.

What chance does Joe Internet's computer stands playing Crysis? None.

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 17:18.

2. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2007, 16:57 4D-Boxing

I don't think the game can run smoothly & look good. It's one or the other. T0 me 60 fps with an occasional drop to 45 is smooth.

With Crysis if you want it to look as good as the screenshots we all love. well We are taking about 40 fps max & 25 or 30 fps when in the forest. All that with a cpu running at 3.6ghz & 2 8800gtx. 1280x1024 jsut does not look right on a 24" LCD so I'll play through the game once and use it as a benchmarking tool. It's all it is ..a benchmark tool/tech demo.

I'm not trying to bash the game. I love the fact that they are pushing technology to it's limits. I know it will force Nvidia & AMD to release their best hardware faster but as a game.....this one wont be breaking any sales records lol.

1. No subject Nov 22, 2007, 16:19 LittleMe

Yeah I have a benchmark for you too:

It's too slow on your computer when outdoors which is most of the time.

There's my benchmark.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo