Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Unreal Tournament 3 Windows Server

The Epic Games Forums now offer downloads of the Windows dedicated server for Unreal Tournament 3 (thanks BeyondUnreal). Word is: "There's one known issue where the install will not exit if you have Windows firewall enabled. Disabling the firewall, or ending the install process when it hangs, both work and the installation will have completed successfully."

View
7. Re: ... Nov 20, 2007, 10:15 4D-Boxing

I see your point it's a small issue that could have been resolved before launch but it's the window firewall lol!

I do not know any gamers in my cirlce that use it. Maybe on family room PC on top of a real firewall. I doubt that any beta tester would have that enabled on their machine. IF you are the type that is willing to experiment or beta test new software you know there are better free alternatives.

To me this is a non issue.

Yes people still do compatibility testing but let's be realistic... there is more hardware configuration out there than ever before more software available than ever before. If Epic tests every possible scenarios instead of testing the main ones, we would be bitching about the release date being pushed back..

I have to stop typing & leave room for budy & his skateboard comments...

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 20, 07:08 ... theyarecomingforyou
  2. Nov 20, 07:19  Re: ... Burrito of Peace
  3. Nov 20, 08:01   Re: ... Yakumo
  4. Nov 20, 08:41    Re: ... Burrito of Peace
  6. Nov 20, 09:09    Re: ... Overon
>> 7. Nov 20, 10:15     Re: ... 4D-Boxing
  9. Nov 20, 11:26      Re: ... MacD
  5. Nov 20, 08:43 No subject KilrathiAce
  8. Nov 20, 11:04 No subject sponge
  10. Nov 20, 20:13 UT3 LittleMe