Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

id Mobile Q&A

1UP Interviews John Carmack on id Mobile talks with the id co-founder about the company's increasing interest in the mobile gaming market in a conversation that also includes Todd Hollenshead and Katherine Anna Kang. Word is id's PC franchises may be getting set to hit the road: "So we're currently looking at potentially two more DS titles in the next year a Wolfenstein title and a Quake Arena title. Wolfenstein 1 being done in concert with a mobile title, the Quake Arena title would be DS specific."

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: No subject Nov 18, 2007, 15:20 vermin

Check out Dementium The Ward, guys. Although not strictly a shooter, the engine and controls are pretty good for the shooting parts. It seems a little on the short side though.

Also enjoying the hell out of Orcs & Elves. Would love a more open-ended (more harder better faster stronger) sequel on the DS.

and wow.. Quake Arena and Wolfenstein for DS, BRING IT ON.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: No subject Nov 18, 2007, 01:23 sponge

DS needs more shooters, they work extremely good on it, and theres not much selection. This is good news to me.

Amen. Playing BiA and CoD4 for DS just scream for a good FPS with online.

When JC was talking about Quake Arena mobile, he insinuiated it may be closer to a Doom game than Quake3 when it comes to gameplay, which would be equally cool.

Orcs and Elves DS is pretty fun, too.

2. No subject Nov 17, 2007, 21:19 D4rkKnight

DS needs more shooters, they work extremely good on it, and theres not much selection. This is good news to me.

1. Translation Nov 17, 2007, 21:16 Zephalephelah

John Carmack will be too busy with mobile phones to even bother with PC games. I mean, it's his wife; like she's gonna say, "Okay honey, thanks for your help". Nope, it's gonna be more, more, more, want, want, want. I mean, she has a project now, and she's married to the world's best known game engine designer in the world, you can't seriously tell me that she's not going to practically get him to do the entire thing for her....

ID software just died.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo