Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Patch

The first patch for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is now available, updating the just-release military shooter sequel to version 1.1, addressing an issue that caused users to lose rank by switching between ranked and non-ranked servers. The 1.5 MB download is available on ActionTrip, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and Shacknews.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2007, 07:24 IgWannA

this game has amazing multiplayer. lots of modes, shitload of guns and accessories, tons of achievements, and most importantly it's fun as hell!

i got the game yesterday and played it for about 7 hours. haven't even touched the single player.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2007, 02:54 zirik

So if this is just a exe replacement is it necessary?

Will servers tell me I can't play unless I upgrade?

according to the official forum you dont have to install the patch to play online. this is only a client patch. servers are still version 1.0.

here is another problem. people who run dedicated servers should not upload this patch. they did not say if it will cause problems.

13. Re: No subject Nov 15, 2007, 20:04 Teddy

I don't mind a missing patching tool, but a readme or instructions would have been nice.

http://www.infinityward.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,2920.0.html

They did give instructions. Just the people who mirrored the file decided not to include them. They also stated that an autoinstaller for the patch is on the way, this was just faster and it was necessary to get the file out before the xfire tournament this weekend.

12. Re: No subject Nov 15, 2007, 19:09 Sepharo

So if this is just a exe replacement is it necessary?

Will servers tell me I can't play unless I upgrade?

I guess I could just go find out myself.

11. Re: No subject Nov 15, 2007, 17:23 PhysicalEd

HAHAHA, so it is! Thanks for the tip!

I don't mind a missing patching tool, but a readme or instructions would have been nice.

10. Re: No subject Nov 15, 2007, 15:49 Fibrocyte

the patch is not an installer. it is actually the executable that you literally drag into the cod4 folder and tell it to replace the old file. activision could not be bothered to release a proper patching tool since they are too busy counting the money we gave them.

Given the stability of the game (not perfect; but stable), I think this is okay. Also, do you really need a 'patcher' for 1 file which can simply be downloaded to the proper location to begin with? I would argue that your download manager is the patcher.

9. No subject Nov 15, 2007, 14:58 Helk

it's not a patch installer, replace the exe in your call of duty folder with the one you get in the zip you download

8. No subject Nov 15, 2007, 14:57 zirik

the patch is not an installer. it is actually the executable that you literally drag into the cod4 folder and tell it to replace the old file. activision could not be bothered to release a proper patching tool since they are too busy counting the money we gave them.

7. Re: missing dll error Nov 15, 2007, 14:42 PhysicalEd

yes, I get the same error. Just to make sure I tried a download from a different site. I'm on Vista, maybe that's it?

6. missing dll error Nov 15, 2007, 14:23 zirik

tried to install the tiny patch and i got an error saying that mss32.dll is missing. anyone else have the problem?

5. Re: Great feedback! Nov 15, 2007, 13:43 Jonny5

game is awesome.

I have been playing Multi player since doom and quake(quake world) and i must say the variety of game modes and maps this is truly one of the better multiplayer gamer available.

I did something fun.Hooked my PC to my 32 LCD
With my 8800 GT I run this game at 1280x 720 at 16 X AA and I must say I will never play another game on my 20 inch samsung

Sitting 10 feet away with wireless key board and mouse it is truly the next level in gaming for me.

Oh and Crysis runs AWESOME at 1280 x 720 All high with 2x AA GOD I LOVE MY TV NOW!!!!!

4. Great feedback! Nov 15, 2007, 13:38 Techie714

I got to get this game when the 8800GT's come in. I keep hearing a lot of good feedback on it all over the net.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

3. Re: quick question Nov 15, 2007, 12:36 Fugazi

You get lots of perks and the ability to create your own classes. It's pretty neat.

Oh and MP is great.

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 12:36.

The CRTC needs to be destroyed.

2. Re: quick question Nov 15, 2007, 12:32 Billy Bob

BTW, how does everyone like multiplayer? I've been loving the single player game.

1. quick question Nov 15, 2007, 12:26 VultureMAN

just what do you get for your rank? Bragging rights? or is it like the BF sereis and you get perks?

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo