Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mad Catz Nabs Saitek

Mad Catz Announces Fresh Acquisition has word that third-party peripheral manufacturer Mad Catz has acquired competitor Saitek in a deal said to be worth approximately $30 million. Word is: "Saitek’s 120 employees in product development, sales, marketing, distribution and finance are expected to remain on board."

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Mad Catz Nov 15, 2007, 02:42 Halo

DAMNIT I had a kitty ASCII that would have sold this post =\
I can has joystick?

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 02:44.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Mad Catz Nov 15, 2007, 00:22 Bet

Second that. I don't see anything good coming out of this. But then again, they could revert back to the classic black X36 style (I still have mine!) instead of that T2-reject X-52 monstrosity they call a joystick.

Check out the X52 Pro. Picked one up myself earlier this year, black styling, high precision HOTAS setup. Great stick.

6. Re: No subject Nov 14, 2007, 16:49 PHJF

So my next keyboard is a Mad Catz Eclipse III?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. Re: No subject Nov 14, 2007, 16:08 Kevlar

Agreed. Saitek's made some great products in the past; here's hoping they continue.

4. Re: No subject Nov 14, 2007, 14:21 Parallax Abstraction

mad Catz has like an under $1 stock price (or at least they did recently) and just spent like $10M buying Joytech from Take-Two. It really surprises me that they can afford this. I really hope they don't kill some of Saitek's amazing PC joysticks.

Parallax Abstraction
Ottawa, Canada
Help Fix The Broken Xbox Live Marketplace: http://brokenxblm.blogspot.com

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

3. No subject Nov 14, 2007, 13:54 The One

BAD BAD BAD.......Saitek has made quality product, with some aspect of realism that MAd catz plasticky feeling crap could not touch... so they bought the company. Now they will wreck the product.....hey Mad Catz....I am just getting ready to graduate with an MBA, and have a prior Masters in Organizational Development. Do you want someone who is an avid gamer, a pilot and an individual with an ear to the ground so to speak to come on board to make sure you don't screw up a good thing? Please don't put a good product in with the litterbox of crap you have developed over the years... learn something about quality in this purchase.

2. Re: Mad Catz Nov 14, 2007, 12:33 Nameless Again

Second that. I don't see anything good coming out of this. But then again, they could revert back to the classic black X36 style (I still have mine!) instead of that T2-reject X-52 monstrosity they call a joystick.

1. Mad Catz Nov 14, 2007, 12:25 ldonyo

Saitek has come out with some pretty cool peripherals over the years while Mad Catz dabbles in console controllers. This could be good or it could end up very, very bad...

Head Chef & Bottle Washer for LAN Addict - http://www.lanaddict.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo