Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Q&A

The Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Q&A on 2404 goes bowling for answers from Robert Bowling of Infinity Ward about the new modernized installment in the military shooter series. Topics include the game's setting, locations, weapons, vehicles, the game engine, and more.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: teh awesome Nov 13, 2007, 13:08 Snapp

The game is great! finished off the single player this weekend, and I've got to say the game runs on my vidcard even better than the demo does. I agree the maps are a little tight though..I would have liked a couple of bigger maps and maybe a couple that aren't as based on CQB as most of the maps seem to be. Still loving every minute of it!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. No subject Nov 13, 2007, 08:28 Brainp0wa

I just want to ask them why the heck didn't they put co-op in the game? As much as I want this game, I have too many other games to finish right now. If they bother to add co-op, then I would make an exception and buy it instead of waiting until... whenever.

24. I really enjoyed it Nov 12, 2007, 22:57 Creston

Yes, it is a bit short. Took me ~ 7.5 hours on normal difficulty, but it's a fantastic ride. The mission where you infiltrate Chernobyl as a sniper is just fucking awesome. I wish someone would make an entire game like that.

And being the TV operator in a C-130, dropping 105mm shells on poor schleps trying to shoot at your buddies should be outlawed it's so much fun

On my second time through, have found a few alternate routes I could take, which is fun.

My only real beef with it is that it's impossible to play defensively. Enemies will keep respawning infinitely if you don't move on. While on the one hand this makes sure that your squad mates don't finish the level for you, but on the other hand, it makes certain areas way too easy (especially with your essentially infinite health). Just run forward. You will trip some scripted line and your buddies will move up and the enemy will fall back. That sucks.

I tend to force myself to wait for awhile at certain chokepoints so I can shoot some more bad guys, but you could easily just run through a level. I really wish they'd done that differently.

Multiplayer seems a lot of fun, it sucks that my connection is so pisspoor

Creston

23. Re: Wow... Nov 12, 2007, 22:54 Prez

But no PB for me, so I'll be getting it strictly for SP. I'm tired of PB issues with the games I play.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

22. Re: Wow... Nov 12, 2007, 22:52 Prez

Dammit, you guys are KILLING me! I was relying on the fact that the jaded Bluesnews crowd would bash this one and kill my desire for it, making my "games to get" list at least a little more manageable. But NOOOOOO, you guys have to keep heaping praise on it.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Wow... Nov 12, 2007, 18:36 Morgan19

I bit the bullet and reinstalled PB for this game. After a round of pbsetup, restarting, and firewalling, I finally got it to run as it should.

Wow! I've only played a couple maps but MP so far is an awesome blend of all the good stuff from both 2142 and Quake. I really like how quickly the unlocks go, too-- seems a lot better so far than the plodding unlock pace of 2142. Yummy yummy goodness.

I don't think I've had this much fun getting killed in a game in a long time. ET:QW seemed like an odd mishmash of games that didn't quite work right. I couldn't get into TF2 (but really loved the original). This just plays... Right.

/gush

m19

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 19:15.

20. Re: teh awesome Nov 12, 2007, 18:12 Charlie_Six

Yup extremely addicting! I still hurt for mouse and keyboard support on my 360 though. I guess PC gamers are having even more super fun with it though  
Adventures of a video game mercenary
http://virtualmerc.blogspot.com

19. Enjoying CoD4! Nov 12, 2007, 18:08 LittleMe

I've been enjoying Co4 multiplayer a lot. I come from playing a lot of BF1942, BF2, BF2142, Quake1, etc.. It's a lot of fun, but not perfect. There are some issues with the game i hope they patch. here is a good thread on the requests people are asking.

http://www.infinityward.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,2183.0.html

One of my issues with the MP game is that the maps are too small. They are clearly designed for a max of 16 players. The servers with >16 are crowded and 32 players is chaos with no tactics at all because you'll die in about five or ten seconds.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

18. MP Nov 12, 2007, 16:57 Quboid

SP has been awesome, just got to the slight SNAFU after the pilot rescue. MP has been a big dud, however. No co-op (grrr) and no online play either. I've attempted to connect to, roughly, 50 servers. I get server time out on 48 and on 1 of the successful connections, the game wouldn't actually start so everyone was on the chat asking wtf is going on.

Anyone any ideas why this would be? I'm NATed and firewalled but that shouldn't matter. I wonder if the router is at fault, since I got it a couple of months ago, Trillian has been unable to connect to MSN.

Quboid

- Quboid

17. Re: 4 Nov 12, 2007, 16:45 bizarro2000

Never had any serious problems with punkbuster. There might be a few servers out there that have it turned off but most certainly require PB to be enabled (thank god)

16. Re: 4 Nov 12, 2007, 16:36 Morgan19

I noticed on installing that it uses the ever-so-troublesome PunkBuster... Can I still play without PB, or do all the servers require it? (I've had no end of trouble with PB crashing across several games and am loathe to use it yet again.)

m19

15. 4 Nov 12, 2007, 16:10 Killer Kane

Loved almost every minute of it (a couple of sections of a couple of levels disappointed me a little, maybe because the rest was so stellar). The "Death From Above" level had me giddy, it's just like one of those "Apache Helicopter Infared Videos"...what carnage !
Arcade is fun, and the 1st cheat I tried out was the "Film Noir" black & white movie effect...NICE!
Multi also shines, great maps, good balance...put this one on the best of list

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying

14. Re: teh awesome Nov 12, 2007, 15:45 4D-Boxing

Yes the multiplayer is great way better than I expected. Maps are well made weapons are great...still have to try a few more mods but up to now can't complain.

Single player is really good, I did not like any of the previous CoD games but should not be missed.

Very well done Infinity Ward!

13. Re: teh awesome Nov 12, 2007, 15:30 sc4r4b

Yeah I got really sucked into the multiplayer this weekend as well. The various gamemodes being cycled on a server is nice. The maps are all very well done - I love all the detail. I will be putting many many hours into this one.

12. Re: teh awesome Nov 12, 2007, 15:30 SpectralMeat

As I come to think of it that was pretty much the only thing that kept me playing BF2142. To unlock new guns and stuff.

Steam: SpectralMeat

11. Re: teh awesome Nov 12, 2007, 15:25 SpectralMeat

SP is where this game shines.

I totally disagree. This game shines in multiplayer. With the unlock system and the perks it just makes you keep pushing on and play more and more multiplayer matches just to ge that one more rank to unlock that perk you want, or that gun you want to use. This game rocks in both single player and multiplayer. I did not finish single player yet but I am about 70% done.

Steam: SpectralMeat

10. Re: teh awesome Nov 12, 2007, 15:14 JayDeath

Yeah, this one is fantastic! I finished SP over the weekend and now I'm playing through again in arcade mode! Multiplayer is more of the same IMO. SP is where this game shines. My GOTY!

Steam: Henry Krinkle

Why isn't there a remake of Westworld?

9. Re: teh awesome Nov 12, 2007, 14:36 Teddy

Played this game all day yesterday. What a fun game. Highly reccommended.

Agreed. I was on the fence about buying it since I wasn't all that fond of the first two CoD's, but I've been pining for a good modern day MP shooter and this one fits the bill. Used to play the R6 series, but since Ubisoft dropped the ball on those and on the GR series as well, failing to offer a decent AC, SADS files and rcon control out of the box on their last bunch of titles, I'm glad to see one or two developers at least still think about what's needed for a successful PC MP shooter.

Oh, and yes, it should be mentioned that the demo level was NOT an accurate representation of the game. It struck me as very random and chaotic and that was the main reason I was considering NOT getting the game in the first place. Glad a friend convinced me otherwise.
This comment was edited on Nov 12, 14:38.

8. Re: No subject Nov 12, 2007, 14:15 frostee.uk

The demo level for some reason is actually one of the weaker levels in the game. Its very hard to describe just how diverse the levels and gameplay in cod4 are, you never do the same thing for too long, very nice varied gameplay. They really have raised the bar on how a good FPS is made. Oh and the multi player is solid too with a leveling up system similar to RS:Vegas but done much, much better imo.

7. No subject Nov 12, 2007, 14:01 sponge

Eh, I couldn't finish the demo. Didn't feel like CoD anymore. Seemed rather mediocre, and I'm too busy nowadays to play much of anything.

I am enjoying Super Mario Galaxy though!

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo