Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hellgate Founder's Club Extended

The Hellgate: London Website announces the Founder's Club lifetime subscription offer has been extended through the end of this year. They say this is "based on the number of requests from our community." They also say they are working on expanding the payment options for subscribers to the action/RPG.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: ... Nov 12, 2007, 18:30 Belzabub

"Most people criticising the game HAVE tried the demo - that's why they don't like it. I played the demo and was deeply unimpressed. Again, I really don't understand the HGL fanbois... they don't stick up for the game on its merits but instead aim to discredit everybody with a different opinion to themselves."

I know how that is. I've tried both the COD4 demo and Crysis demo. I was unimpressed with both of them

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 18:32.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Change of Heart Nov 12, 2007, 18:16 g_mann

" For the love of gaming, there are so many better games for every console and PC out right now, why would anyone waste time on something that is 3rd rate to begin with, even if all the current gaming goodness was not out? "

there are???

LOL

20. Change of Heart Nov 12, 2007, 15:50 NobleAtreides

I too was quickly unimpressed with the Demo of HGL, but I also knew that the Genius behind Diablo couldn't possibly have made a game THAT bad. . so I had to check it out further. I bought it. 49CAD (12 cents US?). I played on a sub-par gaming PC (Dual Core AMD opteron with 2GB of slow DDR400 and a ridiculuous excuse for 3D graphics of 7300GT) and lo and behold, I had only one major bug in my first 10 levels of gameplay...well 2, I couldn't start the game at first, but JUSTFUCKINGGOOGLEIT helped me resolve the 'disable the themes in Vista to even load the game' syndrome. I was happy.

The only Bug I have so far, is my character getting stuck between furniture or on ledges, so remember kids, get ready to reload the game once in a while.

all that aside, I will give this game a chance. We are too spoiled to fireoff rude remarks about a game that is although buggy, but enough hours went into the design, and the intro video was just goddamn beautiful. My wife even lets me play as a female character (Summoner/Necromancer)

If you don't want to subscribe DONT. EA is not FORCING you to. and you know what? eventually I will!.

A diablo fan.

19. No subject Nov 12, 2007, 09:50 Theo

i am gonna be a fan boi... kinda....

The demo is the worst pile of shite ever. the game is better, much better. is the game amazing? no? do i play it 24/7 ? no.

i do however think its much more fun than half of blues give it credit for. having said that i am still on my first char and dont think the story is good enuff to make me wanna play thru again.. (shame as i would like a sword weilding chap, as my engineers getting a bit dull).

Still everyone here loves crysis, and i thoguht the demo was fuckin awfull, just eye candy the game play was MEH, i love how i could be in front of a enemy and shoot behind him and he would ignore the dude with the gun infront of him and head of to investigate the noise of the bullets hitting the ground behind him... :/

/theo

/Theo

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

18. Re: No subject Nov 12, 2007, 08:50 maldoror

"Yes, thats exactly what they are saying Lorcin, you are so astute. I am sure you have also played this game so you know exactly what you are talking about right?

Oh wait...probably not"

How is this for an astute observation, you are a massive fanboy shill for this game and most likely a complete tea bagger (as in you tea bag Bill Roper). I would not be utterly shocked if you collected a paycheck for that post.

17. Re: ...hellgate Nov 12, 2007, 08:28 Overon

For the love of gaming, there are so many better games for every console and PC out right now, why would anyone waste time on something that is 3rd rate to begin with, even if all the current gaming goodness was not out?

16. Re: ...hellgate Nov 12, 2007, 08:06 Ciredric

Sorry I DID Beta Test it. While it was fun for a brief time, the repetitive areas soon got to be quite boring.

My personal view is that only the braindead would pay for the founders fee version.

This game will be dead and gone after 6 months at most, there is not near enough content to keep people interested that long and they cannot add enough either.

Any fool that thinks the founders version is worth it, let me know, I have a bridge I have been trying to sell....

15. Re: ... Nov 12, 2007, 02:13 Cutter

To paraphrase Apocalypse Now, 'the bullshit piles up so fast with these guys you need wings to stay above it'.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
- Dean Vernon Wormer

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

14. Re: ... Nov 11, 2007, 22:28 The Half Elf

To be honest, the demo is extremly dull compaired to the Multiplayer version of the game.

But that's not saying much.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

13. ... Nov 11, 2007, 21:13 theyarecomingforyou

Yes, thats exactly what they are saying Lorcin, you are so astute. I am sure you have also played this game so you know exactly what you are talking about right?

Oh wait...probably not
Most people criticising the game HAVE tried the demo - that's why they don't like it. I played the demo and was deeply unimpressed. Again, I really don't understand the HGL fanbois... they don't stick up for the game on its merits but instead aim to discredit everybody with a different opinion to themselves.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

12. No subject Nov 11, 2007, 20:11 Brubold

After doing the lifetime sub for LOTRO, I have now vowed to never do another lifetime sub. It's an amazingly stupid thing to let yourself be talked into because you can never vote with your feet afterwards.

Honestly I may never even sub to another MMO at this point. They are fun for 3-6 months then at some point the Dev's egos grow out of control and they ruin the game.

11. No subject Nov 11, 2007, 18:53 space captain

i wouldnt put it past flagship to have given the original "Founder's Club lifetime subscription" a FALSE "limited time offer" cutoff date... with full intention of offering it past then

its all scam, all the way, anyways - and thats a common marketing tek

Go forth, and kill!

10. No subject Nov 11, 2007, 18:40 D4rkKnight

I played it, and its crap. Good thing you can cancel preorders. I might check it out if it hits the $19.99 range, its not worth anything more, and even that is pushing it.

9. Re: No subject Nov 11, 2007, 18:03 Grounded

Yes, thats exactly what they are saying Lorcin, you are so astute. I am sure you have also played this game so you know exactly what you are talking about right?

Oh wait...probably not

8. Re: No subject Nov 11, 2007, 17:53 Lorcin

They say this is "based on the number of requests from our community."

basically what their saying is as only 4 people are stupid enough to have signed up as founder members their hoping more will do so if they leave it open for longer.

I must confess I did come into the room the other day to find that a member of my family was about to sign up to founder's club. Then again it was my dog and we do think his retarded.
This comment was edited on Nov 11, 17:54.

7. No subject Nov 11, 2007, 17:28 Xero

This game is terrible. I can't believe theres a subscription based option out there for it. That's crazy.

Currently playing: Sanitarium, Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition, Shadow Warrior Classic Redux

6. Re: Hellgate... Nov 11, 2007, 17:11 shinchan0s

the game is shit and has so many bugs and performance issues :{

Word.

5. Re: Something good finally Nov 11, 2007, 16:20 Beady

$150 to play a game that will be dead in a year?

haha

4. It Had to Happen Eventually... Nov 11, 2007, 16:13 Azusa

After so many PR disasters in regards to this game, it's refreshing to see them acknowledge that no one who understands the value of money would spend $150 more than they already have on this game in it's current state. Fix it, then we'll talk.

3. Re: Hellgate... Nov 11, 2007, 16:09 AcidDrone

the game is great but has so many bugs and performance issues :{

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo