Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Turok To Rock PCs

Touchstone announces that Windows PC has been added to the target platforms for Turok, the upcoming re-launch of the dinosaur hunter series, saying Aspyr is working on a PC edition for spring of next year:

Touchstone Announces Re-Imagined Story-Driven First Person Shooter to Be Released on Windows PC in Spring 2008

BURBANK, Calif. (November 2, 2007) --Turok, the epic, sci-fi first person shooter, will be released in Spring 2008 for Windows PC, Touchstone announced today. Touchstone previously announced that Turok, one of next year’s most anticipated games, will be available for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. Developed by Propaganda Games, Turok for consoles will be available at retail stores on February 5, 2008.

“First person shooters have a rich history on the Windows PC platform and are known for having enthusiastic, dedicated fans,” said Josh Holmes, vice president and general manager, Propaganda Games. “Turok will be an unforgettable experience ideal for the Windows PC platform when it becomes available in 2008.”

Turok is an epic, story-driven first-person shooter set on a dark, mysterious planet in the future. Players take on the role of Joseph Turok, a former black ops commando, now part of an elite special forces squad, known as Whiskey Company, which is on a mission to take down a war criminal – Turok’s former mentor, Roland Kane. Set on a planet inhabited by Kane and his Mendel-Gruman Corporation soldiers, Turok must use his elite military training to elude Kane’s well-trained army and the ravenous, unpredictable dinosaurs, huge insects and other massive creatures that populate the environment.

Brought to Windows PC by Aspyr Studios, Turok will feature an engaging, story-driven single player experience and multiplayer modes for up to 16 players per game.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. No subject Nov 3, 2007, 03:41 KilrathiAce

I hope you can cut off limbs of dinosaurs and watch them bleed.

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 03:41.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Ooooh excitement Nov 2, 2007, 19:48 Creston

a console port of a crappy shooter game!

I gotta go, I have to pre-order this...

Creston

18. Re: No subject Nov 2, 2007, 19:46 Lorcin

erm actually it made perfect sense and was really pretty good considering the current anti-ea stance of the world.

17. Re: No subject Nov 2, 2007, 18:41 Krovven

Dagok, I've got a coupon for the Senses-of-Humor-R-Us shop. I don't need it but would you like it?

Doofus.

I knew exactly what he was trying to say but it made no sense whatsoever and it wasn't funny.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in Team Fortress 2, Episode 2, Portal and CoH Opposing Fronts.

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

16. No subject Nov 2, 2007, 18:40 cronik

Oh god yes, bring back Turok!!!

15. Re: No subject Nov 2, 2007, 18:18 Hpankin

What are you talking about?

Dagok, I've got a coupon for the Senses-of-Humor-R-Us shop. I don't need it but would you like it?

Doofus.

14. Denver the Last Dinosaur! Nov 2, 2007, 18:02 shinchan0s

The original Turok was pretty rad back in the day. You could knock the fog, knock the lack of story all you want and you had a legit gripe on the retarded amount of platforming but maaaan that game had some sweet controls on the N64. Then you finally got to kill some DAMN DINOSAURS eventually at around the third stage I think. FUCK YEAH.

13. No subject Nov 2, 2007, 17:27 Nameless Again

You think the god code will be the same?
nthgthdygdcrtdtrk

I can't believe I still remember that...

12. No subject Nov 2, 2007, 17:06 KilrathiAce

Oh god not Turok...

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

11. Re: Yay for PC Nov 2, 2007, 16:57 Shataan

"Joseph Turok, a former black ops commando, now part of an elite special forces squad, known as Whiskey Company, which is on a mission to take down a war criminal – Turok’s former mentor, Roland Kane."

Who writes this crap? lol I suppose for peeps to be interested in Turok THESE days, he can no longer be the boring N American Native dOOd, he has to be Joseph, a Spec Ops lEEt soldier? I hate it when devs scroow with the origins that way.

Anyways, Turok on the old N64 was teh bomb. Altho the jumping puzzles blew monkies. lol I hope the engine/visuals are at least Unreal 3 quality. And as well i hope the right turok FEEL is there.

10. Re: Yay for PC Nov 2, 2007, 16:18 waxthirteen

Wasn't the original Turok basically "Kill things that walk out of the fog."?

hehe... i remember the fog in that game too. i remember how non-jaded i was then too... "wow, that fog 'effect' really adds to the ambiance!" when really they were just making up for poor draw distance.

9. Re: Yay for PC Nov 2, 2007, 15:39 PHJF

Turok 2 was far better than Turok. Weapons, enemies, environments were all improved tenfold. Not to mention it sure helps having locational damage... and that game was the reason I owned the X-Pack for my 64. Well, that and Rogue Squadron. Turok 2 was gorgeous.

Turok 3 was the worst game ever made, however, and the Turok tournament games were far off track. They tried basically creating Unreal Tournament for the N64.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

8. Re: Yay for PC Nov 2, 2007, 15:30 Xenopulse

You know how a lot rides on the feel of an FPS, how it controls, how the character moves? Turok was really good in that regard. The right amount of bobbing, speed, and movement. The later ones weren't that good anymore.

Of course, I only ever played it on the N64.

7. Yay for PC Nov 2, 2007, 15:22 Ray Marden

I always loved the early Turok game, but they strayed pretty far and/or craptastically with each subsequent sequel.

Because of my original Turok love, I have been keeping an eye on this. With a PC release announced, I will wait for that version - it will have more options, probably be cheaper, and I can avoid it, if the console version gets lambasted.

For me, the first game will always be the best. The second was pretty good, but the performance (even with the ram pack) always soured it slightly. I would have gladly taken the thick, limited-vew fog over the inconsistent framerate. I just loved the (admittedly strange) setting of dinosaurs, technology, ancient ruins, strange creatures, and mysticism. And dare I say it...I LOVED THE JUMPING PUZZLES!.
Yes, I know. I am going to hell for that.
Anyway, this game doesn't have much to do with the first two, but at least it is closer to Turok than some of the other games. Further, at least thus far, it looks like it could be interesting. Blah blah blah...I'm glad there is a PC release and I hope it turns out to be a good game.

All nostalgic now ;),
Ray

-----
I watched Transformers on DVD.
It made me feel stupid. I worry about humanity.
http://www.livejournal.com/users/raymarden/
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

6. Re: No subject Nov 2, 2007, 14:55 Krovven

I wonder why they demoted him?

What are you talking about?

Currently fragging in Team Fortress 2, Episode 2, Portal and CoH Opposing Fronts.

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

5. Re: No subject Nov 2, 2007, 14:52 Fritzo

Wasn't the original Turok basically "Kill things that walk out of the fog."? I don't remember being able to do anything else in in. It was like a demo game to show off your Voodoo2

4. Re: No subject Nov 2, 2007, 14:26 Overon

Aspyr? They do not have a good past reputation from their previous titles.

Also what's up with "up to 16 players" what kind of console multiplayer limitation bullshit is that?

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 14:26.

3. No subject Nov 2, 2007, 14:19 xXBatmanXx

hehehhee

Another rehashed game. Just like Holywood - they are running out of ideas.

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

2. Re: No subject Nov 2, 2007, 14:17 Fibrocyte

Hehe I worked with Josh at EA like 10 years ago. He was just an assistant-lead tester back then.

I wonder why they demoted him?

1. No subject Nov 2, 2007, 14:02 Krovven

Josh Holmes, vice president and general manager, Propaganda Games

Hehe I worked with Josh at EA like 10 years ago. He was just an assistant-lead tester back then.

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo