Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. AMDs Q4 Graphics Nov 2, 2007, 21:34 UnderLord

Not ATI's then? That didn't take long, did it?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. No subject Nov 2, 2007, 18:53 Dev

I was talking games, not apps. No doubt, apps that have 64 bit exes can be faster.

5. No subject Nov 2, 2007, 18:21 TB

There is a whole bunch of Vista 64bit reviews floating round now showing just how much faster 64bit apps can be. One review did a comparison with 7zip and showed it was 2x faster on 64bit Vista vs 32bit Vista. The quicker people move to the total 64bit platform, the quicker we shall see benefits in games.

4. Re: No subject Nov 2, 2007, 14:59 rocketpcguy

lol!

3. Re: No subject Nov 2, 2007, 14:48 HardCore

Haha passed over the middle graphic thinking it was a ad.

2. No subject Nov 2, 2007, 13:50 Dev

If you RTFA linked above, you'd have seen that they are using two versions of vista, one is 32 bit one is 64 bit. So no emulation nonsense going on there.

Its not at all surprising that 64 bit stuff is almost exactly the same. Its been that way ever since 64 bit OS/cpu came out. The only standout exception I recall was half life 2 that did have a measurably differant increse in 64 bit. Some things like riddick even ran SLOWER on 64 bit!

1. No subject Nov 2, 2007, 13:10 HardCore

With all these 64 bit vs 32 bit comparisons w/ Crysis. Besides, the fact 64 bit isn't about performance, I'm wondering if all these sites are running the 32 bit binary on the vista 64 box with the wow64 emulator. Not a huge deal but if you are going to do proper comparisons, you shouldn't run it on a the emulator but a genuine 32 bit OS for comparisons sake.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo