Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Warhammer Online Delayed Again

Warhammer Online retreats to mid-2008 has word that the frequently delayed Warhammer MMORPG is delayed once more. In a follow-up EA Mythic chief demystifies Warhammer Online delay on GameSpot is a Q&A with Mark Jacobs explaining the delay: "The short answer would be that it's hard to make this kind of game. Now, for a more detailed answer. It really boils down to this: Our game is going to live and die by two things. One is realm-versus-realm (RvR) gameplay. The second is overall quality. This is not 1999, 1997, or even 2001. This is 2007. We have to be able to release a game that, in terms of quality, without even going into game systems or RvR, is top-notch. We've seen too many games in this industry, and in this space, release without that, and we're not going to do that."

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. More Like World Of Warhammer... Craft... Nov 2, 2007, 10:38 Sepharo

Don't say another Goddamn word. Up until now, I've been polite. If you say anything else - word one - I will kill myself. And when my tainted spirit finds its destination, I will topple the master of that dark place. From my black throne, I will lash together a machine of bone and blood, and fueled by my hatred for you this fear engine will bore a hole between this world and that one. When it begins, you will hear the sound of children screaming - as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow above your bed, and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As I slip through the widening maw in my new form, you will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before you are incinerated. Then, as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin. I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Mid-2008... Nov 2, 2007, 08:25 ColoradoHoudini

Good.. make a very good product and sell me that.
I guess this means that for now, I'll be sticking to WoW.

7. Re: Mid-2008... Nov 2, 2007, 06:37 ibm

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=536815&postcount=8

2nd quarter of 2008 according to this dev. - April/May/June.

Confusion is not a good look. (for Mythic I mean)
This comment was edited on Nov 2, 06:38.

6. Mid-2008... After Wow expasion =( Nov 2, 2007, 06:28 RenownWolf

Mmmm... at this rate the WoW expansion #2 will be out... so there they will flock. Unfortunate timing for them, but if the game isn't going to be complete it will be in their best interests.

I'm yet to play the game, and videos only show so much. There is a lot of Hype for the game, especially from those who are burned out in WoW but others who've played the game seem less then excited.

Be interesting to watch it develop but at this rate it isn't creating anything more then Hype, good luck to them.

http://www.renownwolf.com

5. Re: No subject Nov 2, 2007, 00:48 Zetler

EA MMO = doomed

EA just doesn't have the patience or the vision to fully flesh out a workable MMO. Every MMO they touched pretty much died.

4. Re: No subject Nov 2, 2007, 00:18 Fion

The beta was having serious trouble from what I understand. Using a build that was months old for beta-testers. Combat was slow and boring, RvR totally didn't work. City Sieging, the crowning achievement of the games RvR didn't work at all. The Tiered zones make the game feel like it's single player. The PvP was heavily instanced focused.

Mind, none of this is slated to really change. But I mean how could anyone not see this coming with beta shutting down for two full months. Sure they played it off as 'so we can update everything to the next major build' but we knew it was more.

I think the biggest problem is that Mark Jacobs promised the next big thing and promised it finished in under 3 years. That's just not possible. I heard they had 4 floors of people working on the game, more then 170 people! That is far to many at this point and I'm sure the coordinators can't keep everything strait. Thus why things appear all over the place, and why EA is restructuring. Smaller teams, more focused, to get the job done. Maybe not in 2.5 years as originally planned, but hey.

So yea. Beta shut down for 2 months, EA restructuring, people getting laid off (they insist it 'wasn't that many in the grand scheme of things' but that just means 'it's more then we are comfortable with revealing.) Now the game is pushed back to a very loose date that could be anything from April to September? Things are not boding well for Warhammer Online.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 00:21.

3. Re: No subject Nov 1, 2007, 23:15 Grounded

ha ha

maybe they can make it less like a wow clone

this game is meh, and played like ass at GenCon, it needs more time in the oven.

2. No subject Nov 1, 2007, 22:17 manic half

maybe they realise that mmo player's are not going anywhere fast, so they have time to do what they want.

i'm happy to wait for it; something to rival WoW would be very nice.

1. Kudos Nov 1, 2007, 21:17 Creston

They could have just rushed it out the door, like pretty much every other MMORPG in existence. Instead they're taking another 6-12 months to get it right. I wish more devs/publishers did this.

Creston

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo