Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlestar Galactica Demo

A playable demo for Battlestar Galactica is now available, offering the change to sample the space combat in Auran's top-down action game based on the science fiction television property. The 102 MB demo can be found on AtomicGamer, ComputerGames.ro, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and PixelRage.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: No subject Nov 1, 2007, 07:32 kanniballl

I have spreadsheets bigger than this game. That would be fine if the game wasn't trying to be 3D.

Actually, I see it as them trying to be 2D, only using a 3D engine. Kind of like Mutant Storm and the like, and they have small maps as well.

But in my opinion this BSG game is not that fun.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurmama

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: No subject Nov 1, 2007, 05:34 HardCore

I have spreadsheets bigger than this game. That would be fine if the game wasn't trying to be 3D.

Either there was lack of talent on the project team or management screwed this up.

I know, they lost all the development funds up front for the rights to the name and had nothing left over to actually make a game. That must be it.

10. No subject Oct 31, 2007, 23:01 suicide_club

Nexus Jupiter Incident!! The best space game in recent memory and sadly no one played it. A BSG mod you say? Awesome!  

9. Re: Demo Oct 31, 2007, 20:31 Lokust

Since this game is on a 2D plane instead of being in full 3D, does that mean it's technically a driving game instead of a flying game?

8. Re: Demo Oct 31, 2007, 16:19 ViRGE

102MB demo?! Thats it?! Heheh sorry, in a world of 1GB (hell 1.8GB for Crysis) demos 102MB makes my head spin a bit.
The full game is less than 200MB.

7. Re: BSG Demo Oct 31, 2007, 14:35 Chip

Pickup Nexus: The Jupiter Incident and DL the BSG mod to see how a real BSG game should be.  
---

(my Nexus fan site. Check it out)
http://home.earthlink.net/~cgh5541/

6. BSG Demo Oct 31, 2007, 14:30 MashHawkeye

I am very VERY glad that I tried so that I would not buy.

5. Re: Bah, play Beyong the Red Line Oct 31, 2007, 13:53 Flo

Think about what that game COULD have been. And then pray for a full BTRL release soon.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

4. Bah, play Beyond the Red Line Oct 31, 2007, 13:43 Ant

http://www.game-warden.com/bsg/ is much better and free.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 16:09.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

3. Re: Demo Oct 31, 2007, 13:30 kanniballl

Eh, didn't like it.

Don't get me wrong, my favorite genre's are 2D platformers: space shooters, run-and-gun, etc. And BSG kind of falls into that category.

But the BSG demo on XBox Live just didn't do it for me. It was very ho-hum.

-Fry, Futurmama

-Fry, Futurama

2. Re: Demo Oct 31, 2007, 13:29 Wildone

I wouldn't waste my bandwidth on it

1. Demo Oct 31, 2007, 13:27 necrosis

102MB demo?! Thats it?! Heheh sorry, in a world of 1GB (hell 1.8GB for Crysis) demos 102MB makes my head spin a bit.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo