Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gold - Crysis

EA and Crytek announce that Crysis is gold, and the science fiction first-person shooter will be in stores as expected on November 16:

The year’s biggest PC game has just gotten that much closer to hitting store shelves. Crysis, Crytek’s next-generation first person shooter for the PC has gone gold and will be on store shelves everywhere November 16, 2007.

“We are extremely proud of what we have been able to accomplish with Crysis,” said Cevat Yerli, CEO of Crytek. “We wanted to push the boundaries both visually and with open-ended, non-linear gameplay and we believe the end result delivers that vision.”

The current single player demo, available in DX10 and DX9, has given gamers their first taste of the immersive, non-linear Crysis experience. Highlighted by Crytek’s open-ended level design and the game’s Nanosuit gameplay mechanic, which challenges gamers to analyze and approach every individual encounter before acting, Crysis delivers a completely new and refreshing FPS gameplay experience.

Of course, the single player demo also features the stunning, award-winning graphics powered by Crytek’s revolutionary CryENGINE 2. Assistance from key partners such as NVIDIA, Intel and Microsoft have helped make Crysis one of the most anticipated PC games of all time.

“Crytek and EA are rewarding PC gamers with the world’s most technologically advanced video game,” said Roy Taylor, vice president of content at NVIDIA. “Our programmers are intensely proud to have helped Crytek push the boundaries of interactivity and immersion. The game was developed and tested on NVIDIA, and we recommend GeForce 8800-Series graphics cards for the best experience.”

For more Crysis news, stay tuned to www.nanosuit.com.

View
81 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

81. No subject Nov 6, 2007, 11:08 beigemore

I wasn't impressed with Far Cry, but do enjoy Crysis (at least the demo). I'll be buying it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

80. No subject Nov 4, 2007, 13:05 dryden555

if you check out the pics and gameplay videos, the game starts with the "jungle" and then becomes very very different. Dont dismiss the game just yet. I'm waiting to see several reviews before I buy.

p.s. The namecalling and off-topic posts on this board lately are wayyyy out of hand. that's a shame.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 13:09.

79. ... Nov 3, 2007, 22:33 theyarecomingforyou

I'll pass on Crysis. Performance is patchy with medium detail and no AA with my 8800GTS, so I'm far from impressed... it's nothing on The Orange Box or even UT3. It's quite disappointing really - I was really impressed by Far Cry for its time and yet Crysis doesn't feel like as much progress has been made.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

78. Re: Christianity Oct 30, 2007, 15:49 Zephalephelah

Actually, no. The Hebrews used it as a form of disciplinary punishment. But like I said, a bunch of vague insults and useless attacks instead of a mature debate.

77. Re: No subject Oct 30, 2007, 15:25 4D-Boxing

*Waiting patiently for it to come out for the 360...

I doubt it will be the same game lol! Nothing to lose by waiting.

76. Re: Christianity Oct 30, 2007, 14:33 PHJF

Stone throwing? You mean that hallmark of religion? Stoning disbelievers and heretics to death?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

75. Re: Christianity Oct 30, 2007, 12:45 Zephalephelah

This is pretty funny. Creston puts up a good argument, and still the naysayers do exactly what I said they would do. We have insults, ridicule, and all the typical attacks that atheists put up everytime they're confronted with logic.

They bring up an argument, it is dealt with in a rational, reasonable manner; and then the mob mentality starts and the stones are thrown. It's all so predictable.

74. crytek needs a spellcheck Oct 30, 2007, 12:27 zirik

they cant even spell philippine sea correctly. they spelled it phillippines sea. should only have one 'L' and not plural.

73. Re: Christianity Oct 30, 2007, 12:19 Krovven

I think a little more than 10 million

Your number not mine. That number is extremely low and unrealistic. Just the prison populations around the world prove that without me having to say anything else.

if you believe that all people who are religious are nutjobs and such

When did I ever say "all"? As usual pulling more shit out of your ass. Keep on digging to defend your hypocritical religion. And keep in mind with every post you defend Zeph, which was who my posts were directed at.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in Team Fortress 2, Episode 2, Portal and CoH Opposing Fronts.

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

72. No subject Oct 30, 2007, 06:53 Brainp0wa

*Waiting patiently for it to come out for the 360...

I got plenty to play till then so they can just take their time.

I think I will take the money that it would cost to build a decent Crysis rig and buy me a new dirtbike.

71. stupid AI Oct 30, 2007, 05:20 zirik

tried using the red flare as a distraction and the enemy AI does not react to it being thrown 3 feet in front of them. they don't even find it odd that someone is running around carrying a red flare in the shadows of the woods.

the game also does not allow you to retrieve ammo or weapon from the dead gunner of any vehicle. you have to let them leave the vehicle in order for you to shoot them with their guns drawn. kinda stupid too.

70. dx10 effects on xp Oct 30, 2007, 04:52 zirik

i tried the config mod too. it runs fine on my system @ 1024x768 with 4xAA. only gripe is that 4xAA is not enough to remove the glitch that shows up when you are viewing fishnets hanging from medium distance (i.e. across the road). they look like sparkling christmas lights from medium distance. when you use your binoculars at the lowest magnification they become opaque. i also hate the fuzzy light cone of the flashlights. it would have been nice to see it sharp near the source and diffuse as it gets farther.

favorite effect has to be the god rays. hmm... there's that word again. is that why people are so worked up about religion in this thread?

69. No subject Oct 30, 2007, 04:42 zirik

i saw god after playing the demo for the 666th time. he was sitting under a coconut tree and having lunch with the black canary.

68. Re: Wheeee Oct 30, 2007, 02:11 Jonny5

J5 here with some late night gaming....Used the DX10 tweaks ..My goodness is this game beautiful WOW...runs ok at 1680 x 1050 for me ....Good stuff Have played the demo now 9 times thru ,and keep finding new ways to kick some arse.

Night
J5

67. Re: Wheeee Oct 30, 2007, 01:41 Creston

Fion,

Thanks for your specs. I have pretty much the same machine as you, though I've got 1 Gig of RAM and 512 on my gfx card. I'm guessing I should be able to run it about the same as you.

Creston

66. Re: Christianity Oct 30, 2007, 01:39 Creston

Pulled numbers out of your ass eh?

Oh, was that right reserved just for you. Or is your statement of "I think a little more than 10 million religious people have committed acts that would be considered heresy" meant to somehow imply scientific numbers?

I keep forgetting that people who accuse others of being hypocrits are often themselves guilty of that selfsame fact.

In any case, if you believe that all people who are religious are nutjobs and such, you have a very sad view of the world, and I wish you all the best with it.

Creston

65. Re: Christianity Oct 30, 2007, 01:24 Krovven

Add them all up, and you have, what? A few hundred thousand? A million? I'll be generous, let's say TEN MILLION.

Out of approximately 5 billion or so people who, in some form or other, believe in God, or self enlightenment, or what have you, and thus could be considered to be religious.

Ten million out of 5 billion makes for 0.2%. I'm fairly sure that that does not constitute "most".

Pulled numbers out of your ass eh?

The point that I have made several times now, in multiple threads that Zeph pollutes with his gospel crap, was that religious people are hypocrites, and in a big way. Zeph just happens to be the current example.

I think a little more than 10 million religious people have committed acts that would be considered heresy in the eyes of their religion, thus making them hypocrites.

Currently fragging in Team Fortress 2, Episode 2, Portal and CoH Opposing Fronts.

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

64. Re: Dagok & post #31 Oct 30, 2007, 01:02 Krovven

It's pathetic and the people who run the boards don't even realize it. Neither do the players.

Please tell me this means you are leaving us forever? Or should we just start calling you Jack Thompson?

63. Re: Wheeee Oct 29, 2007, 23:19 Fion

Heres my system and I can run the game in medium detail with no AA in 1024x768 just fine (and the game is still beautiful.)

WinXP Pro
AMD 64 3500+
ASUS A8N-SLI Mobo
1.5g Crucial DDR333
XFX 7900GS XXX edition

It's a fair system, memory and HD are behind the times mostly, and it's single core with a decent video card. But yea, runs the game fine unless theres like a dozen + enemies on screen (and if there are.. your screwed by that point anyway lol.)

One thing I'm surprised nobody is talking about how much better the combat mechanics are then they were in Farcry. In Farcry the handling was kinda clunky and combat itself was just off feeling. I mean compared to other games of it's time, Doom 3, Half-Life 2, UT2k4, etc, the weapon handling and combat was just ok.

But man they've really over-come this with Crysis. The weapons feel much more realistic and handling isn't clunky anymore but seamless, just as good as any other modern shooter, and much better then some, like STALKER, or even Bioshock, etc.

But yea, despite the demo being about 1/2 hour long if you just run through it. It's so much fun using your suit and seeing how you can go through things that I've played it a dozen times and will probably play it a dozen more before it gets removed from my HD for the real deal.

It's not the best game I've played this year. It's really not much different then Farcry in so far as you see. Also I didn't really enjoy multiplayer beta. TF2 is just far superior, and ET:QW a lot more fast paced and fun. But the single-player demo is fun and open ended and I love that one minute I can sneak up on a group of men and send them screaming cause they have no idea where I am as I slowly pick them off. And then the next jump in with grenades flying, jumping from rooftops as they colapse under me and guns blasting. But yea, great demo and hopefully the game won't suffer from some of the drawbacks Farcry had (really dumb story, the whole 'monsters' part and how dumb they were compared to soldiers, etc.)

Maybe not GotY, but well worth the $50, and a good way to go 'damn, I must upgrade so I can play this game in VERY HIGH settings!'

Edit: Oh and if your an nVidia user, get the beta drivers. I was getting ok frames but not with a lot of action unless I turned shadows and volumetric fx to Low. I updated to the beta drivers and run all settings medium just fine, accept with a bunch of enemies on screen (10+.) I easily gained 10fps.
This comment was edited on Oct 29, 23:30.

62. Re: Wheeee Oct 29, 2007, 22:16 Creston

If you can run Bioshock, you can run this.

WHEEEEEE!!!!!! I <3 RAY!!!1!!!!

Creston

81 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo