Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: No subject Oct 29, 2007, 09:45 nin

The best thing about no game manuals is it stopped that stupid ass copy protection where you have to type in the word on the X page on the Y line. But it never tells you if the headings counted as lines, and some did and some did not!

That is old school copy protection boys, and it sucked balls.

Don't forget that rust colored paper with the black text that was hard as hell to read...

------------------------------------------------
http://niggytardust.com/saulwilliams/menu

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: No subject Oct 29, 2007, 09:32 Enahs

The best thing about no game manuals is it stopped that stupid ass copy protection where you have to type in the word on the X page on the Y line. But it never tells you if the headings counted as lines, and some did and some did not!

That is old school copy protection boys, and it sucked balls.

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

5. Re: No subject Oct 28, 2007, 18:19 PHJF

Baldur's Gate 2 Manual. Any manual large enough to require spiral binding is clearly worth reading.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: No subject Oct 28, 2007, 15:10 Overon

These days I'm thankful if I get a detailed manual even if it's just in pdf only format.

3. No subject Oct 28, 2007, 13:09 Pigeon

The Guild Wars manual was a pretty thick one, full of back story. Anything that gives you a larger sense of the world you're playing in. I suppose on-line distribution has helped kill the 'art' of the manual. You'd think they could include big pdfs with these things. They wouldn't have to worry about paper/space concerns (though it wouldn't as good for bathroom reading material). Bioshock did have that art book, I think that's a good start.

2. Re: No subject Oct 28, 2007, 11:54 Bet

Homeworld was the first, and probably only game manual I'd ever urged people to read as if I was recommending a good book. And Fallout was simply the best.

Fortunately series like Combat Mission and Hearts of Iron are still providing deep manuals. When Paradox Interactive cuts their manuals, then we're in trouble.

1. No subject Oct 27, 2007, 22:39 D4rkKnight

Good article but way to short, I still have Fallout 1 + Homeworld 1 manuals, they are truly great to read, but theres tons of great old game manuals that deserved to be mentioned but weren't. Still I like that they bring this up, I cant stand the paper thin console type manuals PC games get now.

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 22:40.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo