Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Witcher Trailer

A new "making of" clip is now available for The Witcher, showcasing the development of CD Projekt's action/RPG. The 209 MB download is available on FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and Strategy Informer.

View
10. Re: Looking Good Oct 23, 2007, 20:19 Golem

After watching the 7 min gameplay movie I have to say I was not very impressed. Not to come across like an ass, but what makes this game stand out?

Well I have yet to receive my UK Import... but from what I have read and the videos I have seen there are many reasons this game stands out.

For one it has been described by several previews to be a return to the old school cRPGs. Second there are few wrong or right choices instead they are mostly shades of grey while making your choices through out the game. Unlike so many of the recent shallow cRPGs that have been released where the only choice is will you or won't you take the quest. So very little comes down to a good versus evil choice. And most of the choices will effect your game-play some of which alter the ending of the game.

Another reason for me is because it has been in development a long time and not rushed out the door half ass. Some previews are claiming not a single crash others have a couple.

It's not a typical high fantasy cRPG. There are a host of real world issues tackled in the games storyline. And as someone stated it is an adult oriented story in several ways. Not that kids won't like it...

Only negative I can see is that they censored the NA release. To what extent has yet to be seen. It won't be a perfect game but I'm sure it will be a good one.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Oct 23, 11:35 Looking Good Techie714
  2. Oct 23, 12:04  Re: Looking Good Overon
  3. Oct 23, 14:24   Re: Looking Good Eldaron Imotholin
  4. Oct 23, 14:26    Re: Looking Good Cabezone
  5. Oct 23, 15:49     Re: Looking Good Overon
  12. Oct 23, 21:10      Re: Looking Good ibm
  13. Oct 24, 00:47       Re: Looking Good John
  15. Oct 24, 18:26       Re: Looking Good MacD
  6. Oct 23, 16:11  Re: Looking Good Bone43
  7. Oct 23, 16:15   Re: Looking Good PropheT