Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Neverwinter Nights 2 Adventure Pack Announced

Neverwinter Nights 2 Vault has details on the imminent release of a downloadable Neverwinter Nights 2 "Adventure Pack" (thanks Voodoo Extreme). The pack, titled Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate, is developed by Ossian Studios, creators of the Darkness over Daggerford module for NWN. The add-on is said to offer over 15 hours of gameplay, a new story, new music, and more, and while there's no word on pricing, but the pack is to be released via digital download in autumn 2007, which means within the next two months. Here's a bit:

From the creators of the critically-acclaimed Neverwinter Nights module, Darkness over Daggerford, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate will feature a non-linear, open-ended single-player campaign with numerous side quests covering more than 15 hours of game play. Atariís new Adventure Pack will also feature 3 new companions; an entirely new underground sewers tile set themed after the seedy underbelly of Westgate; a host of new monsters to do battle with, including some truly epic foes; an exciting new and original musical score; as well as thousands of new lines of professionally recorded dialogue.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. No subject Oct 23, 2007, 00:40 Ratty

Thanks for the recommendations. Yeah, I'm ashamed I could never get into BD. I know it's one of the best games evar. I think it was the touchy companions you had to constantly mollify, also it was hard.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: The Witcher - New PC RPG - 1 Week ou Oct 22, 2007, 22:54 Creston

If you still feel like playing Ultima 7 again with some higher res and pixel smoothing download Exult. It's a front end loader for U7 that makes it playable on Windows 95-Xp, OS 10.3, and some older releases for other OSes.

Yeah Exult is fucking awesome. I replayed the whole Ultima 7 sage with it about a year or so ago. Had one bug somewhere in Serpent Isle but managed to get past it. It had been a damn long time since I played Serpent Isle.

Creston

20. Re: The Witcher - New PC RPG - 1 Week ou Oct 22, 2007, 22:50 Creston

Thanks cappy, nin. I never even knew there was a UK Import Games section

Cheers mates!

Creston

19. Re: The Witcher - New PC RPG - 1 Week ou Oct 22, 2007, 22:09 nin

They otherwise don't explicitly indicate it in the description, unfortunately.

Just FYI, the emails I've been getting from them (on their Madness discount email list) note it as:

This is the sought after UNCENSORED UK IMPORT VERSION of Witcher...

http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=23661470

------------------------------------------------
"I feel compelled to comment on Zephalfdkasj's completely irrelevant and lengthy tangent into concealed pistol carry...Rarely is extreme insecurity so painfully, transparently obvious."

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

18. Re: The Witcher - New PC RPG - 1 Week ou Oct 22, 2007, 21:36 Halo

If you still feel like playing Ultima 7 again with some higher res and pixel smoothing download Exult. It's a front end loader for U7 that makes it playable on Windows 95-Xp, OS 10.3, and some older releases for other OSes.

http://exult.sourceforge.net/

17. Re: The Witcher - New PC RPG - 1 Week ou Oct 22, 2007, 20:21 cappy

Creston -

From the main page of GoGamer:

1) Click on "PC Games" in the menu on left
2) Click on "UK Import PC Games" in the menu on left
3) The UK version of The Witcher will be listed with an "(I)" behind it. They otherwise don't explicitly indicate it in the description, unfortunately.

http://www.gogamer.com/The-Witcher--I--UK-Import-PC-Games_stcVVproductId23661470VVcatId444847VVviewprod.htm

BTW, thanks for the recommendation on Mask of the Betrayer. I just ordered it as well.
This comment was edited on Oct 22, 20:22.

16. Re: The Witcher - New PC RPG - 1 Week ou Oct 22, 2007, 20:10 Creston

We're all ordering the import copy that's not butchered. You see, we like breast-tes-ses.

nin,

Do you have a linky for the import version for me? I can't find anything but the damn butchered American version on gogamer.

Thanks in advance

Creston

Edit : Much respect to kxmode for mentioning Ultima 7. That's still the best RPG ever made in my book.

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 20:12.

15. Re: No subject Oct 22, 2007, 15:13 Kxmode

Baldur's Gate II is still the best RPG I've ever played.

Planescape: Torment
Ultima 7
KOTOR
Fallout

-----
http://www.myspace.com/kxmode
p/reviewer for Game Industry News
This comment was edited on Oct 22, 15:13.

14. Re: No subject Oct 22, 2007, 13:51 nin

Baldur's Gate II is still the best RPG I've ever played.

Fuck yeah!

"I feel compelled to comment on Zephalfdkasj's completely irrelevant and lengthy tangent into concealed pistol carry...Rarely is extreme insecurity so painfully, transparently obvious."

13. Re: No subject Oct 22, 2007, 12:16 Acragas

If you didn't like Baldur's Gate, you'll probably hate Neverwinter Nights. Baldur's Gate II is still the best RPG I've ever played. I enjoyed Neverwinter Nights, and the sequal, but it didn't posssess near the depth or character development that Baldur's Gate does.

12. Re: No subject Oct 22, 2007, 10:23 Fion

The NWN2 solo campaign is very good. But you have to be willing to learn a few things in the game, such as how the camera system works, etc. Once you work out the camera things are fine (and they've made some huge strides in that area with the expansion.)

It's well worth checking out and is graphically fairly impressive. It's no oblivion, but it's easily the best D&D based cRPG made.

The Witcher looks pretty good, I'll probably pick it up, but not right off the bat.

If your into MMOGs and looking for a fantasy non-D&D-based MMOG, theres the upcoming Age of Conan, this march. It's based upon the world of Hyboria as written by R. E. Howard some 70 years ago. Practically an entire sub-genre of Fantasy was built around his works. The Sword & Sorcery genre. The game itself is brutal and bloody and sexual like his writings, and should be one hell of a MMOG.

11. No subject Oct 22, 2007, 09:20 Ratty

The last game of this sort I actually played all the way through (a few times) was the original Diablo. Yeah, I liked that game. Hated Diablo 2, started Baldur's gate but didn't get very far before I gave up. Tried the demo for Dungeon Siege but it was boring. I always wondered about NWN. I'd heard the original single-player games wasn't too good. How about NWN2? I miss these kinds of games and I have a hankerin to play one again.

10. Re: The Witcher - New PC RPG - 1 Week ou Oct 22, 2007, 09:08 nin

In case you guys were not aware Atari is also coming out with a game called The Witcher which should have all of the "new" refreshing gameplay that you were talking about.

Link: http://www.atari.com/us/games/witcher/dvd_rom

Bad news Mattlab,

We're all ordering the import copy that's not butchered. You see, we like breast-tes-ses.

Next time, don't edit your product for US audiences...

9. For what it's worth Oct 22, 2007, 02:01 Creston

Mask of the Betrayer is an excellent RPG. Very good story and sidequests, and EXCELLENT NPCs for your party, with very interesting personalities and stories themselves.

Definitely worth picking up if you liked the original NWN2. They've also fixed that fucking stupid install bug (finally), so if you get it, just install NWN2 (patched to whatever), install MotB on top of it, then autopatch, and it will be fine. I've had no problems so far, except that the game always crashes when I exit (a la Oblivion).

(Not a huge deal, though it leaves crap all over my C partition which I then have to manually clean up.)

I might pick up this adventure pack at some point, if it's cheap enough, but with the Witcher and Mass Effect coming out soon, I'll be lucky to finish MotB before something else comes along.

Creston

8. The Witcher - New PC RPG - 1 Week out Oct 22, 2007, 00:17  Mattlab 

In case you guys were not aware Atari is also coming out with a game called The Witcher which should have all of the "new" refreshing gameplay that you were talking about.

Link: http://www.atari.com/us/games/witcher/dvd_rom

7. No subject Oct 21, 2007, 22:43 D4rkKnight

The D&D world has been faithfully represented in video game form, many times now. The Infinity engine brought us so many great D&D games, and while they can try and copy its content in new games, they always fail in reproducing a proper game engine to display that content.

6. Re: No subject Oct 21, 2007, 19:52 Charlie_Six

I'm not tired of them yet because I haven't actually played one that really felt like it was a good, solid game. Like the Star Wars games franchise, most of the games somehow fall short when compared to other games.

NWN2, for example, is just too ugly.

To me the best D&D game has been Demonstone, the action game. The production values were really high, even if the game itself was just brainless and simple fun. If those production values could be brought over to the NWN series, I'd be satisfied that the D&D world has been well represented in video game form.

Adventures of a video game mercenary
http://virtualmerc.blogspot.com

5. No subject Oct 21, 2007, 18:55 zincthallinide

Oh yeah and Planescape: Torment was fun too, because it was set in that 'planescape' place and you can pretty much do whatever you want thanks to multiple dimensions. Technically though it was AD&D.. they'd have to make up new plane races or whatever, FUCK THE ILLITHIDS, AM I RIGHT

4. Re: No subject Oct 21, 2007, 18:01 dubfanatic

Maybe a fantasy-type game could be good, with NEW RACES and NEW SPELLS and NEW IDEAS.

That was one of the things that attracted me to Asheron's Call, back in the day. They actually came up with their own fantasy universe, almost completely free of the AD&D cliches. Now Turbine are content to be franchise whores... *sigh*

This comment was edited on Oct 21, 18:01.

3. No subject Oct 21, 2007, 17:18 zincthallinide

Am I the only one really tired of AD&D-based games? Maybe a fantasy-type game could be good, with NEW RACES and NEW SPELLS and NEW IDEAS. Diablo 2 was fun. Oblivion was mostly fun, although it had elves and dwarves and all that crapola too.

HEY, FANTASY GUYS, COME UP WITH SOME NEW SHIT

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo